023

The Cursed Twins
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

“And we are here to serve you, your highnesses.”

It wasn’t really pleasant for Kai and Kyungsoo to hear such words again. The words ‘Your highness’ came with a great package of unusual feelings, and a burden that was by far, heavier than what they thought it is. It was not their fault for not being raised in such environment, where everything about them shout nothing but royalties. No, it wasn’t. They were raised to be independent, to be able to survive almost everything by their own, even though the pain was too much to bear alone.

A heavy sigh escaped their mouths. If it wasn’t because of a certain pair of identical twins, who just came out of a stone statue, they could have gone against them, demanding a more comfortable way of addressing them but they figured out that it was useless. They are the heir of Fierra kingdom, and they need to get used to it no matter what their argument was. For once, the fraternal twins agreed on the same thing, though none of them said a thing.

The two identical strangers stood straight again, with a wide smile plastered on both of their faces.

“You can put your flame off. We’re not going to harm you.” The white haired reassured, tilting his head to take a peek of the fraternal twins’ flame.

“Yes, we can’t harm you. Can we?” The grey haired asked, looking at his twin obliviously.

“Of course we can’t, you idiot.”  The other one replied.

If it wasn’t because of the hazy light from the wall fire lamp, the fraternal twins might have seen the annoyance that flashed on the face of the white-haired guy.

“You did not just call me ‘idiot’, Sehun!” The grey haired retorted, but his twin just simply looked at him with an expressionless face. 

“Then stop acting like you’re the younger one here, Luhan.” The one called Sehun scrunched his nose and stomped his foot almost too childishly. Honestly, it didn’t suit his blank expression at all.

Kyungsoo cocked a brow. Was it just him or the two strangers, who both have hair like a fluffy, white cloud, were bickering like children in front of them now?

“What? I did not!” Luhan stood an inch away from his twin, intimidating Sehun even more with the closeness.

Kyungsoo, unfortunately, was well aware of the scene that was unfolding before their eyes. If it wasn’t because he was feeling too tired for like that, he would have told himself to get a hold of it. He’s not the type of guy who would burst upon seeing some siblings’ childish fight. 

No, he's definitely not.

“Did to.”

“Did not.”

“Yes, you—”

“Enough!”

Kyungsoo’s voice echoed inside the grotto, earning the silence he had wished to have. The identical twins stopped their argument and looked at him, surprised.

Kyungsoo was the first to put his flame off, and Kai followed next after him. He took a step forward, and his doe-like eyes never left the twins in front of them. Kai was pleasantly surprised by his twin’s outburst, but he didn’t plan to comment anything about it because it seemed like the look that Kyungsoo gave was enough to silence the noisy twins.

“Now, you’re going to explain to us how you knew about us, and what exactly are you both doing here?”

There was a strong vibe of authority in Kyungsoo’s voice. It made the identical twins stay in silence for a few minutes, blinking their eyes like a child, and then turned to look at Kai, who was standing behind his older twin.

Kai raised an eyebrow and shrugged his shoulder, “Don’t give me that look. He’s been having his mood swings ever since we entered your cave, so just answer his question.”

His voice came out rather calm, as if he trusted Kyungsoo enough to let the older one deal with the situation. Usually he wouldn’t do that, in fact, he never trusted Kyungsoo for anything but this time around he felt like screwing all those stuff. He had too many things in his mind, which he preferred to find a solution for each, rather than dealing with a pair of identical twins with some weird taste of hair colours.

Kyungsoo’s lips formed a thin line as he waited for an answer.

“Okay,” Luhan broke the silence, nudging Sehun with his elbow.

Now, don’t get them wrong, they weren't flustered by either Kyungsoo’s glare or even the vibe of authority he sent through his thick voice. The identical twins realized that they were delaying time, when they should be doing something worth with the short time they have.

They made their way back to the big stone post, with Sehun mouthing, ‘act like your age!’ to Luhan and the other one mouthed back, ‘I got it, now shut up will you?’

Of course, they couldn’t just let it go like that. One has to win the argument, at least.

For a brief moment, the slightly dark grotto was filled with a series of muffled footsteps, and a few silent bickering from the identical twins. Kyungsoo, despite the annoyance plastered on his face, can’t help but to watch them in amusement while Kai chose to simply watch them in silence, without any emotion drawn on his face.

Sehun and Luhan settled down at the same place where their statues were, and silence engulfed them once again. Both of them exchanged glances as they stood side by side, the looks on their eyes were different now, gone were the glints of annoyance, and it was replaced by two pair of small eyes, gazing to one another with a rather complex glint.

Kai and Kyungsoo watched, in silence, as the identical twins placed their delicate hands on the top of the stone post, eyes closed as they hung their head low, it was as if they were trying to remember something – something that seemed a bit too old to be remembered - but the silence they had wasn’t that deafening anymore, it was more like a peaceful silence rather than an annoying one.

“So many things to do in such a short time,” the grey-haired one sighed.

“Oh, tell me about it, Luhan.” The other one replied, silently agreeing with his twin’s words.

The grey haired twin held his head up, throwing his gaze to his brother, “Standing here at the same place with you, remind me of the day we last talked to each other.” he said, the childish act he put up a moment ago was replaced by a calm face.

The sudden change earned a dazzled look from his twin, but a smile crept up to the white-haired's face soon after. “I’m not going to lie, it feels good to see you again, Luhan.”

Luhan burst out into a soft laughter, the tip of his eyes stretching as his lips grew wider, brighten up his pale complexion, and it made him look a lot younger. “Me too,” he choked out, “I can see that you’re still the same old brat you’ve always been.”

Sehun, the white-haired guy, pursed his lips a bit, not looking amused with his twin’s words. “Old is a sensitive word, Luhan,” he voiced out, “and don’t let me start with you and your lousy attempt to look younger than me.”

Luhan smirked, “With a face like mine, it can’t be helped Sehun.” He said smugly.

Sehun rolled his eyes. If it wasn’t because they haven’t met each other for god knows how long, he would had smacked the elder’s head, though he did plan on doing so later but he figured that it can wait, judging by the glare that Kyungsoo was sending to them now.

He faked a cough, an attempt to clear his throat. Maybe it wasn’t really a good choice because Kyungsoo was glaring a hole on his face now.

“Okay,” he started, “where should we start, hmm? Oh yes, why are we here...” he placed his fingers on his chin, and rubbed it gently. His voice sounded flat, and despite his ‘friendly’ gestures – if it could even be called as friendly – his eyes were blank, almost like they have no feelings.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter