012

The Cursed Twins
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“The horses look good, Siwoon.” Eric said to the landlord as they both walked together side by side while Lumia followed behind them closely.

“Of course they are. They're the best I have.” Lord Siwoon laughed while his hand patted Eric’s shoulder. The former knight laughed along with him.

“Thank you so much, Siwoon. Here's the money for the horses.” Eric took out a small bag from his pocket and handed it to the landlord but Siwoon just shook his head lightly.

“You don’t have to pay for them. Consider them as a gift from me.”

Eric stopped walking and looked at the kind landlord with a surprised face. “I don’t think we can accept that, Siwoon. It’s already too much and you already helped us a lot ever since we came to your town.”

Siwoon placed his hand on the Eric’s shoulder gently with a warm smile plastered on his good-looking face. “My friend, you have to accept it or else I will be disappointed.” He paused and looked at both the former knight and the guardian.

“Both of you and the princes helped us a lot. You saved our lives. I don't have anything else to give to show you how much I’m grateful that you are here. So please, just accept the horses as a gift. If there's anything else that I could do to help, please do tell me.”

Lumia stepped forward and reached for the landlord’s hand, with a grateful smile spread on her beautiful face. “Thank you so much for your help, Siwoon.”

“This is nothing compared to what you have done for my people.” He returned the guardian's smile and let go of her hand when he realized the uncomfortable look on Eric's face as he saw both of them so close like that. A smile spread on the landlord's face again when his eyes met Eric’s. “So when will you start?”

Lumia tilted her head to Eric as she replied, “The sooner, the better, I guess. We have something important to do.” The former knight cleared his throat and nodded his head a bit. “We’ll probably leave this afternoon.”

“So soon?” He exchanged glances with both of them and they nodded their head politely.

“Yes. Unfortunately, we have to. We don’t want to delay our journey for too long.” A sorry look was shown on Eric’s face as he said that.

They were about to continue their conversation when Siwoon looked behind their backs and saw his son walking his way to them. The blonde young man  approached them, with a polite smile  plastered on his face as he bowed his head a bit to greet the elders.

“I’m sorry for interrupting  but I need to ask you something, father.”  Ilhoon bowed his head to Eric and Lumia before he turned around to face his father. The landlord smiled as he watched his son’s politeness. He had always reminded his son to treat people politely regardless of their status.  Siwoon had to admit that he was proud to see that his son has grown up to be a polite and kind young man.

“What do you want to ask, my son?”

“I need your permission to allow me to join them in their journey.” Ilhoon’s voice was soft but firm enough to show how serious he was.

The three of the elders looked at him with shocked faces, “What?” They all said at the same time.

“I know where you are heading. I can show you the way.” Ilhoon was determined to go with them although he wasn’t sure if his father would allow him. Actually, he  never  left the town without his guards or his family members. He was dying to go out and explore the world he had never seen before.

“How did you know that?” Eric asked, confused.

“The twins told me.”

“What?!” Both the guardian and the former knight shouted. Their eyes widened as they heard the word ‘twins’  come out from the blonde’s mouth. They were sure nobody in this town knew that Kai and Kyungsoo were actually twins.

“I know everything now, so please let me go with you. I can help.” The landlord was too speechless because of the whole situation but he quickly grabbed his son’s shoulder as soon as he heard his son's statement.

“I’m sorry, young man. You’re not going anywhere.” He said firmly. His face was confused but he was sure that he wouldn’t just let his son go anywhere just like that.

“Please, father. Let me go with them. I’m old enough to  leave this town. You have to trust me.” Ilhoon pleaded, his small eyes glistening with determination as he looked into his father's worried ones.

“I... I’m sorry but where are you heading?” The landlord looked at both Lumia and Eric as they both exchanged glances with each other.

“We are searching for the cave of Rogunth...” Eric answered hesitantly.

Siwoon’s eyes widened in fear as he heard that place. He looked back to his son worriedly. “You know how dangerous that cave is, don’t you?” He asked them both and they nodded their head slowly.

“We know but we don’t have any other choice.” Lumia's sight darted to her left. She was hoping that the view outside of the balcony could ease  her worried heart.

“What's important for us right now is to help and protect the princes. Only that cave can give us the answer that we need.” Eric placed his hand on Lumia’s shoulder,  who was still looking outside  the balcony when a sigh escaped from her red lips.

The landlord frowned after hearing their words but he  doesn't want to ask any further, since he knew that both of them wouldn’t tell him everything.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter