005

The Cursed Twins
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Lumia held out her sword and balanced her body, her beautiful calm eyes glowing softly as she danced around with the sword swaying together with her. Sweat dripped along her long jaw line and in a flash she looked like a goddess playing with her sword.

A sudden edgy feeling that was crawling in her heart stopped her from continuing her practice. She quickly turned her body toward the forest, her eyes widely opened when she saw a dark golden fire flaring up in between the tall trees. She grabbed her sword sheath and slung the strap over her shoulder before she ran her way into the forest. She could sense a familiar strong power engulfing the place and she knew she had to hurry and stop it before something bad found them.

She gasped in fear when she arrived at the scene, noticing how bright and dangerous the fire was. She tried to walk closer to the source of the fire and then again, she gasped in fear. In the middle of the fire, there stood two figures and one of them was so familiar to her. “Kyungsoo!” She called out, noticing that the other figure looked a bit familiar to her also.

She watched in horror as the fire that had stopped growing bigger swayed a bit when the wind hit them roughly. The dark golden flame that surrounded the two men’s bodies danced dangerously. From her place it looked like it was reaching up to the sky. She took a step back, unsure of what she was supposed to do to stop it. Her eyes twitched when a sudden figure appeared upon her eyes. The stranger looked up to see how big the flame was and he was about to get closer to the burning figures when Lumia barely stopped his moving feet.

“Eric?” She reached up to the man not far from him and touched his shoulder lightly. That familiar man turned his head a bit. His face brightened up when he saw the beautiful lady beside him.

“Lumia, it’s been awhile!” He said and a smile curved on his lips. “What is happening here? Kai's in that flame, and the other one...”

“That’s Kyungsoo, the older twin.” Lumia briefly introduced the older twin after she recognized the other figure. “You’ve been traveling with the younger one?” She asked.

“No, he was traveling alone but I followed him secretly. I need to make sure he is doing fine.” Eric responded. His head was still debating on whether he should barge in between the twins to stop them or think of something else that will not sound as stupid as the one he was thinking right now.

“So the twins have finally met each other and this...” Eric titled his head a bit to get a view of the lady’s face. “... nightmare happens...” Eric can’t help but frown and threw his glance back to the burning twins.

“We need to stop them or else, they’ll be coming here.” The older man stated, referring to their mysterious enemy.

“But how?” Eric left the question unanswered as he stepped closer to the boys slowly. He was about a  four-step away from them when suddenly a big fire with a strange shape of an animal’s head flared up towards him.

The sudden attack made him stumble over his own feet and he fell on his . His eyes glistened with horror and surprise when he recognized the animal made from the twins’ fire. It was an animal he could only seen in the old drawing on the ancient walls. He could see clearly how the fire shaped the animal perfectly until he almost thought it was the real one. The animal roared a fiercely growl to him and they locked their eyes with each other.

“Ozuka...” The weird name escaped from his mouth, his two hands barely able to support his body as he trembled in fear of what he is seeing in front of his eyes.

“Eric!” Lumia ran to his side and quickly helped him get back on his feet. “What is that?!” She asked when the strange animal that was made from the twins’ fire disappeared from their sight.

“An Ozuka!” Eric said the weird name again and Lumia can only look at him with a confused face.

“How can that be? They no longer exist in this world...” The words came out of in an almost disbelieved tone. She knew it as much Eric that the animal they have seen just now is one of the sacred animals of Tamara: the Ozuka, the only sacred animal that are no longer exist in their world.

The animal appeared in a form of a tiger. Its fur was made from fire and their roar could torture one’s ears till it bleeds and their feet leave a fire mark in every step they took but that powerful animal had sadly disappeared from their world long before the twins were born and to find them reappear on the twins’ fire leave them both in confusion.

“How can we stop this if we can’t even touch them?” They both continued watching the twins’ fire dance in the air.

................................................................

In the dark gloomy castle, a man, Yonghwa, sat with a strong and stiff posture on a black luxurious throne. One of his eyes was covered by a black fabric. The strap from each side slung on his head and behind his ear while the other one shut closed. Another man stood stiffly beside the throne, he had thick eyeliner below his fierce eyes and they both shared the same cold expression on their face.

Suddenly, Yonghwa’s eyes opened widely and frowned a bit by the sudden edgy feeling that surged within him. The man beside him turned to him slowly, noticing that something is bothering the other one.

“What’s wrong, brother? Is something bothering you?” He asked with a concerned look in his eyes.

“Something weird is going on in the east of Tarun, Kangjun.” Yonghwa stated and the other man called Kangjun tilted his head, trying to sense anything weird but it was too far for him to reach.

“That kingdom is under Minwoo’s supervision. Should I contact him and tell him about this?” He asked. The one seated on the throne growled and leaned his head a bit on the left, his left hand supporting his head while his elbow rested on the throne.

“There is no need to tell him. It is his kingdom. He should find out by himself.” His voice sounded strict and deep. Kangjun remained silent beside him as he heaved a breath.

“But send someone to check what is happening there...” Yonghwa commanded and the younger one bowed his head with his right hand placed on his chest.

“I’ll send some of the black knights along with one of the Xerous to that place, brother.” Kangjun said as he straightened his body and concentrate on summoning one of the black knights' general. They didn’t have any general back then but Yonghwa found it useless to have an army of lifeless black knights that only moved and act with their instruction so he created another creature.

They are the generals of the black knights, slightly bigger than them but with eyes that shine in a dark red colour while the black knights are creatures with empty eyes, only a shell derived by the black spirits. The generals who were called as Xerous were different from the rest of the black knights. They were made from the filthy souls that were still scattered on this world after they died. The unwanted souls that were not accepted in the after world.

Kangjun’s brown eyes glistened in all black as he summoned one of the Xerous. He glared fiercely as one of them appeared in front of them. “My lord...” The husky voice of the Xerous echoed in the dark chamber as he bowed respectfully to his creator.

“You, go to the east of Tarun and check out what is happening there. Bring an army of the black knights  along with you. Remember, don’t comeback empty-handed.” Kangjun commanded to the Xerous. Just like his older brother, his voice sounded strict with a glimpse of threatening in his tone. The Xerous nodded his head before he disappeared. They possessed an ability that was almost the same as the knights of Tamara.

............................................................

“We have to do something Lumia, I can sense them on their way to this place.” Eric muttered, both of them still standing restl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter