011

The Cursed Twins
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next morning, Kyungsoo felt like his head was about to explode from his headache, probably because he didn’t sleep at all and he had been thinking a lot which probably was too much for his head to handle. The older twin sat lazily on the chair, pulling his breakfast bowl closer to him. He was not feeling hungry but the thought that he might feel slightly better after gaining some sugar made him force himself to eat something  like  breakfast.

He was about to eat his first spoon of the porridge when Kai stepped into the dining room. He looked a bit better compared to last night but his sudden appearance made Kyungsoo almost choke on his food. He looked at his twin awkwardly as the tanned male pulled the chair across him slowly. The younger one stopped abruptly as he felt a pair of eyes looking at him nervously.

“Why are you looking at me like that?” Kai asked, a bit irritated by the strange gaze that his twin was giving to him. The older one quickly looked away from Kai and cleared his throat.

“Nothing...” Kai did not bother to ask any further. He took a seat on his chair and took a bowl of porridge too.

“How are you feeling today?” Kyungsoo asked calmly despite his awkward face.

“I’m feeling better I guess.” He still had his eyes on his bowl as he answered his twin’s question. He ate a few spoons of the porridge before he stole a glance at Kyungsoo. He noticed that his twin doesn’t look really good. The older one kept on pinching his forehead every once in awhile as he ate his breakfast.

“You don’t look good yourself...” Kai muttered. His voice was barely inaudinble but loud enough for Kyungsoo to hear. The older one quickly looked at him with his eyes wide.

“Uhmm... Just having a slight headache...” He gulped down his breakfast painfully slow, too nervous to even look up to Kai once again.

Kyungsoo took the glass and drank his water as quickly as he can. He wasn’t sure why does he had to be so nervous in front of his twin but the images that he had seen last night and the thought that he had intruded into his twin’s memories without permission bothered him so much.

“Where are Lumia and Eric?” Kai asked him.

“They went to check on the townspeople.” He answered shortly.

The sound of the door opening caught their attention. Both of the twins looked at the entrance of the dining room. They heard people murmuring as they headed towards the twins’ direction. Ilhoon appeared at the entrance not long after that and three guys were following him closely from behind. A bright smile spread on the blonde’s face as soon as he saw the twins looking at him.

“Hey!” Ilhoon raised his right hand up and waved it a bit. He touched on one of the other guys’ arm and gestured them to follow him.

“So, how are you today?” He asked Kai as soon as he reached the younger twin’s side. “I’m doing well. What’s up?” Kai smiled, narrowing his eyes towards the three strangers.

“Glad to hear that... Anyway, meet my friends. This is Sungjae...” He said as he pointed to the guy beside him. The guy nodded his head a bit. He was a bit taller than Ilhoon and his black hair combed neatly to the back.

“That one is Changsub and beside him is Minhyuk.” The latter looked skinnier than the other one. They both smiled a bit before they nodded their head.

“They are also the guards of this town. The three of them had been away for a few days to attend to some matters in our neighbouring town.” The twins nodded their head as they listened to Ilhoon.

“Guys, this is Kai and Kyungsoo. They were the ones who saved our town last night.” Ilhoon told them and they quickly bowed their body towards the twins.

“W-What are you guys doing?” Kyungsoo stuttered, too surprised by their sudden action.

“We want to thank you both for saving our precious town. We owe you so much.” Changsub said and to their surprise, Ilhoon bowed to them too.

“Ilhoon...” Kyungsoo and Kai quickly got up from their chairs. The sound of the chairs stretched on the floor made the four guys peeked on the twins.

“What do you think you're doing?” Kai asked, slightly irritated by all the bows they’ve been receiving since last night.

“I want to take this opportunity to apologize on behalf of my people. I know that they had been rude to you before this. They didn’t know that you both are royalties from Fierra.”

Kai sighed as he leaned his body on the wall next to him while Kyungsoo chose to stand still at his place. “Stand up Ilhoon, you guys too...” Kai said. He had his arms crossed over his chest as he watched the four guys standing up slowly.

“Tell me something Ilhoon. Will things change if they know that we are royalties since the very beginning?” Kyungsoo had both of his hands on the table, supporting his body as he leaned forward a bit and looked at the blonde across the table.

“Will they treat us differently if they knew our real status?” His big doe eyes watched the blonde guy carefully.

“They wouldn’t dare to act like that to the royal families.”

“So you’re saying that if we are not royalties, we still going to get the same treatment we got yesterday?” The son of the noble frowned. He rubbed on his neck nervously when he realized what Kyungsoo was trying to say here.

“Everybody should be treated fairly regardless of their status.”

Kai sighed and said, “Since convincing you that we’re not royalties is going to be a waste of time, fine. We are the princes of Fierra and Lamilla. Happy?” Kyungsoo watched his twin roll his eyes as he finished his sentences.

“Now stop with all these ‘Your Highness’ and please stop bowing before me and Kyungsoo because seriously, it's an eyesore.” Suddenly the atmosphere of the room tensed up by Kai’s wo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter