020

The Cursed Twins
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“What do you mean by King Charon’s order?” Lumia asked as soon as she got her senses back. She was still standing in front of Eric with a complex expression on her face.

Nobody knows the whereabouts of the royal families, or the people in the four main castles in Tamara after the war. So how did Eric got his king’s order? That question was the first to surface in her mind, and it stayed as long until the gentleman in front of her answered the question she gave seconds ago.

Eric did nothing more than sighing and sliding his fingers through his black hair. But still, no answer came out from his mouth. He turned his back towards Lumia, and threw his gaze up to the open sky. He probably was trying to collect his thoughts and words together.

“I received the order from him before the war broke upon our land.” His answer came out unexpected, after a long silence accompanied the three of them.

“It seemed like he had seen all of these coming, not that he told me so, but the way he had planned everything made me think so.”

“When Prince Yunho and Princess Boa, being as stubborn as they usually were, claimed that their love was by far stronger than the old curse, it was then I think the King had seen these coming.” Eric looked calm, but he couldn’t hide the way his voice trembled a bit as he let the words out of his mouth.

“He asked me to meet him in private, away from other people in the castle. It was only the two of us in that secret chamber, which I didn’t even know existed before that.” He turned around once again, and looked at Lumia’s softened face.

“He said that if anything happens to him or the rest of the royal families, he wanted me to take care of his future grandson. He didn’t know that they will be twins or even fraternal twins at that time. He and his siblings knew that their fate, were somehow linked to that old curse, so when it was awaken, they were prepared for it.”

“You mean,” Lumia asked, cutting his explanation halfway because she needed to get her question answered, “they knew that the war was coming?”

Eric shook his head, looking pretty unsure of it himself. “I don’t think they knew about the war, specifically, but they knew that something bad was about to happen and he said something about fate.”

He took in a long breath and continued. “He said that it was written in their fate. That one day, the kings will not be the real kings and that this world of ours will fall apart once the curse ends.”

Lumia, once again, had a complex expression on her face. She couldn’t understand as to what the former king of Fierra meant by saying those words to his fellow general.

“What did he mean by saying that ‘the kings were not the real kings’?” she asked.

“Honestly,” He paused for a second, “I don’t understand it either. He looked troubled when he told me those words, and I couldn’t question them more than I should have.”

“I think—” Both Eric and Lumia tilted their head towards Ilhoon, who they had seemed to forget.

“Erm... mind if I interrupt you both?” He asked, out of politeness. The other two cocked a brow before they nodded, permitting his odd request.

“I think what the former king meant was that the kings, our new kings, were not the real royalties. They, obviously, don’t have the royal blood running through their veins because none of them possessed the ability to control the elements.” Ilhoon was certainly a man with a lot of knowledge, something that was not expected from a person as cheerful as him.

Lumia and Eric both exchanged their glances with a pondering look on their faces. It seemed like they had forgotten, about the rules of their own world. The royal families all came from the people who can control either one of the four elements. They never  knew the real reason why, but it had been like that since forever and nobody care to question it, except for the Orpheous people, of course.

“That explains half of it but then, what  did he  mean by saying that our world will fall apart when the curse ends? Was it really meant to be like that in the first place?” Lumia shot another question, which she clearly couldn’t find the answer by herself.

“I don’t understand about that either.” The blonde shook his head as he threw his gaze toward Eric, who was now looking at the cave not far from them.

“That is why we are here now.” Eric said.

“Because the King had told me that all the answer for every question that we have are here, in that cave. And only the twins were allowed to be in there.” Naturally, all of them had their eyes set on the cave’s entrance, with a puzzled face on each one of them.

“What is in that place?” Lumia asked for the numerous times.

“Only God and the former kings can answer that question, Lumia.” Eric’s voice came out rather low and nearly audible for the other two to hear.

..................................................................

The air in that cave was damp, like the smell of old clothes piled up together, and the coldness it carried in it did not make the environment any better than it already was. The entrance was quite big, a bit dark but the light escaped from the only big hole was enough to lighten it up. There were some small and big stones cluttered at almost every part of the cave, a normal view in any cave they could find.

The only difference this one had was a pair of certain fraternal twins laid harmlessly on the ground, with their hands neatly placed on their chest, lips parted a bit as their chest move in a synchronized pace. The sound of water dripping every two seconds, inside of that cave, sounded like their heart beating to the beat.

It was dusk when the twins finally woke up. Their eyes jerked open, and their lips parted wider as they drew in the air at the same time. It’s quite creepy how synchronized they were in their movement, but it was nothing new for them anymore.

Kyungsoo rolled to his left, trying to get up but he stopped halfway, with his body hanging in the air, while hi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter