Why not tell now

I met you along time ago

Baekhyun POV

When Sehun got into school,I knew something had happened ,there were huge bags under his eyes and he's voice was almost gone as if he had been screaming all night. I knew it was really bad when at lunch he stretched out his hand to get an apple and his jacket moved up his arm to reveal a blanket of bruises up and down ,they were just developing,telling me that he had recieved them last night. 

The worst ones were his wrists an angry red/purple like he had been pinned down for a long amount of time. I felt sick just looking at him,and when I looked up I realised Taemin,Kai and Tao were looking just as horrified as I did by the state of him.

"What happened last night?"Kai asked ,anger blazing through his eyes.

"I embarrassed my parents,I had to be punished"He replied quietly,looking down at the table.

"What did they do?"I questioned,my voice shaking.

"They put me in the basement"He whimpered his eyes filling with tears. 

That struck me,Sehun never cried in fact he never really showed his emotions,yet here he was looking ready to break right in front of me. I pulled him into a tight hug,trying to calm down his tears which were now freely flowing.

"You need to report them"Tao stated,his face void of emotions,but I knew he was just as angry as Kai.

"I can't"He said

"Why not?"I asked

"Their my parents,I can't ,they'll get in trouble"He reasoned

"Please,for your own safety tell the police"I begged

"No"there was a tone in his voice which basically screamed the conversation was over.

We all went silent after that,watching Sehun pull himself together and get rid of the cursed tears. 

"I got some ice"Taemin said,I jumped at his sudden voice cutting through the silence,I didn't even notice he'd left.

"Thanks"Sehun mumbled,gratefully accepting the little cubes of ice and placing them on his wrists.

"What happened to you?"came the undeniable voice of Suho,I gritted my teeth and looked behind me to see him,Jonghyun,Minho and Taeyeon all staring at the table.

Sehun stayed silent,not even looking at them as he continued to apply ice to his wrists.

Suho lunged forward grabbing Sehun's wrists,Sehun hissed in pain,while the school bullies all looked at his wrist. Jonghyun's face broke into a smirk,before he looked at Sehun.

"Rough night with your parents"He joked

But everyone at the table stiffened at the comment which didn't go unnoticed by the people intruding on our table. One by one their eyes widened in realisation before Taeyeon broke into laughter.

"Oh my god,you let your parents you"She laughed

I noticed non of the others laughed they were all staring at Sehun expectantly. 

"What the happened to you?"Jonghyun asked

"I messed up,my parents decided I need to be punished"Sehun explained no emotion in his voice.

Jonghyun and Minho looked appalled at this,whereas Suho just stared blankly and Taeyeon carried on laughing. Suho dropped Sehun's wrist before walking off followed closely by Taeyeon and eventually Jonghyun. Minho however stayed behind looking at Sehun in worry. 

"You should tell the police,or a teacher about your parents."Minho said

"Why do you care"Taemin hissed,anger evident in his voice and eyes. I noticed Minho's eyes sadden at Taemins words,before he walked off to join his friends.

"What was that about?"Tao asked

"What do you mean?"Taemin questioned back

"He seemed really upset when you spoke to him like that"Kai butted in

"We used to be friends...I don't really want to talk about it"Taemin replied coldly.

While this conversation carried on ,I watched Sehun sit blankly at the table,and began to worry for him.

Sehun POV

I was called out of maths by Mr Jinki,I've never had him as a teacher but he seemed like an alright kind of person.

He lead me to an empty classroom ,once I was seated he looked at me for a few minutes before finally talking to me about why i'd been called out of class.

"Whats your life like at home?"He asked kindly.

I stiffened at his question,did he know what my parents were like? But who would have told him,my mind immediatly went to Baekhyun he was always telling me to complain to someone about how my parents treated me.

"Why?"I aked 

"Suho informed me that he was very worried about your current state at home"Mr Jinki informed me

"SUHO"I shouted out in shock.

"Yes,now he said you had substantial bruising on your arms,may I please see your arms."He replied.

I froze in panice,how would I explain the bruises I had,wait I got bullied that would be a good excuse right.

I slowly pulled up my sleeves to reveal the countless bruises on my arms,some old some new. I watched as Mr Jinki paled at the sight of my arms,its a good thing he couldn't see the rest of my body.

"Did your parents do this?"he asked,strain evident in his voice.

"No,it was Suho and his friends,they beat me up alot"I said calmly,keeping my face blank so it was realistic.

"Why would Suho say it was your parents?"Mr Jinki asked me

"Because he doesn't want to get in trouble"I explained

He stayed silent for a few moments,before letting out a long sigh.

"I'll deal with Suho,you may return to class"He told me

I nodded sighing relief and left the room quickly ,I got away with it thanks god.

3rd person

Mr Jinki waited until Sehun was out of hearing range before picking up his mobile and phoning the police. 

"I'd like to report child abuse"He said tiredly.

He hoped Sehun would understand this was for his own good.

Sehun POV

It had been a long day for sure ,I couldn't wait to go to sleep for the night.

When I arrived at my house however I froze,there were my parents looking furious ...and the police.