Butterflies

Butterflies

 

“You know, I actually never thought you would send me anything.”

“Why you gave your number then?”

“Some dire hope you’d find me interesting enough to so such thing.” Yixing’s brain not always works fully to its capacity and this moment wasn’t any different. He eyed Wufan with a bewildered expression and doesn’t respond. “It’s okay if you don’t even consider it but if you’re here I expect it means you’re giving me a chance to make you change your mind.” The shorter male couldn’t be more stupidly dazed. Could Wufan be saying he’s trying to win his heart. He tries to reason out but he is gazing at him so deeply it comes out hard to rationalize at all.

“You want me to change my mind?”

“I want you to like me.”

“You want me to like you?”

“It’s what I said. Is my Chinese that rusty?” Yixing blinks.

“No. No it’s not. I just-” he stops himself. “I really wasn’t expecting this.”

“Well. You didn’t actually leave me a choice. You attend the cafe more than anyone else it was hard not to notice you and-” Wufan seems to be weighing his words. “you’re really pretty. I couldn’t stop starring to be honest.” Yixing’s eyes widened. Wufan was in front of him confessing and calling him pretty. His world spins around he almost feels dizzy. I’m definitely dreaming. “Although I never actually considered talking to you since, well since I thought you had a boyfriend.”

“Oh yeah, Luhan. We’re pretty close I guess.” Even though that was probably the last thing he should’ve commented about, it was the only thing he could get out of his mouth.

“Do you like him?”

“What? No. No way. I told you, we’re friends!” his voice hitches and he waves his hand in the hair to emphasize.

“You seem to only consider him.”

“Like I said I’m really bad at conversations. Sorry.” He scratches the back of his neck and just in time to save him somehow a lady approaches to take their order. Wufan smiles brightly and calls her “nainai” showing how familiar he is with this place and the people that run it. He orders a typical dish of fried noodles and a set of Wonton dumplings on the side. The old lady turns to Yixing and he blinks statically staring at Wufan’s figure, his brain obviously still running slow. The tall boy turns to look at him and raises a brow in question. Yixing wakes up from his slow awake coma and orders fried rice with sweet and sour pork and slightly asks forgiveness bowing his head to her. She smiles and leaves giving a small caress to Wufan’s cheek.

“Are you always this distracted?”

“I guess. Is she your grandma?” Wufan laughs faintly.

“No but it is almost as if she were.” He smiles looking down at the table, again having a fine nostalgic feel surrounding him. Yixing asks him questions, loads of them because he’s the curious type and in all honesty Wufan does look like a pretty interesting person which he learns in the process to be true. Yixing smiles along with his stories about North American and what made him go live there. Stories of how life is, there, and how different it feels and how even though most of his teenage life was spent there his heart never left China. The food comes in the middle of their conversation but that doesn’t stop the flow of Wufan’s tales. In the end he smiles really brightly at Yixing. “I’m glad I decided to come back.”

“It’s a good place to live despite a lot of things. I don’t think I would be able to live anywhere else.” Yixing gives him an honest smile but he laughs instead. That’s something he does a lot Yixing notices. Laugh at little things he does. He wonders if he’s that funny to make the tall boy so amused. In his opinion half of the time he has the impression he’s not even in the same page as Wufan.

“I don’t really care where I am as long as I have the people I love with me.” Yixing stops fidgeting with his rice and looks at him.

“I guess you’re right. I could never leave my mother. I guess as long as she would be with me it would be alright.” Wufan smiles at the boys words and he goes back to stare at his rice and play it around the plate with his chopsticks. “I guess I don’t know any better anyway. I have my family here so all is fine I suppose.”

“You have your life here. Your family and friends. It’s familiar so you’re comfortable.”

“Not everyone is cut out to move out.” It seemed as if he completed Wufan’s sentence almost as if he knew what he was going to say.

“Not everyone is, indeed, but in the end it’s not about bravery, it’s about if you’re capable to endure the unknown or not. I suppose I failed at that.”

“You didn’t fail. As I see it you had your fair share of the unknown as you call it and you didn’t felt challenged anymore so you decided to take another turn.” When he stops he looks directly in the other’s eyes but it only lasts a couple seconds.

“I decided to take a turn back. I came back. I didn’t go on.”

“Well, you can see it like that, or as I see it. Because really,” now his eyes keep glued to Wufan’s “China is a big country. There’s always something new to see.”

“So is America Yixing.” His eyes show softness.

“You know, it’s needed a positive mind to survive.” he shifts his gaze to the window next to him to eye the people walking the streets.

“I ratter be realistic.”

“One thing doesn’t deny the other.” He goes back to eating his rice.

“Reality isn’t pretty.”

“Like I’m trying to say. Depends on how you see it.”

“You want me to look at reality through hypothetical fogged glasses?”

“No. Like it’s said, you can see a half empty glass or a half full one. The reality is that it has liquid in it. Now, your perspective on it it’s what matters.” Wufan smiles.

“I see.”

“This food is delicious.” The tall boy breathes out a laugh and Yixing feels a lot less nervous as he did in the beginning so he decides to ask what makes him laugh so much.

“You. The way you change topics so suddenly and how you look so absent mindedly cute.” His heart skips a beat and his ears are burning and he feels unexpectedly warm and he’s sure his cheeks are tinted red.

“Oh.” He tries to look everywhere but him, Wufan having his eyes stark on him. He brings a piece of pork to his mouth since it seems like something easier to deal with at the moment. Wufan’s straightforwardness is making it hard for him to breathe. He continues to eat and pretty soon they both finish. Yixing is stubborn and offers resistance when the tall boy offers to pay but Wufan succeeds so he goes to the counter and Yixing can see how he took the chance to chat with the owners who reveal themselves as loud old people. He grabs his bag putting it over his shoulder and makes his way to the door not waiting for the tall boy to finish his conversation.

 

Length: 1200+

So Yixing looks at things on a bright perspective and Wufan doesn't. That's kind of the impact Yixing will have in his life. Anywayyy... Yixing is a shy gurl and Wufan makes him blush all the time and prefers to ignore his compliments and confessions because it's easier. ╮(─▽─)╭

Btw don't think Yixing is mean in the end of the chapter because he's not. lol

Thank you so much for reading and subscribing. Your comments are so cute, you guys are the best! ºuº kjsjskshenjehej thank youuu <3<3<3<3