Butterflies

Butterflies

 

The car drive to a place Wufan ended up choosing somewhere on the fancy side of town is made pretty much silent. His hand rests on Yixing’s thigh and the latter has his hand to top of Wufan’s. Yixing takes interest in looking through the window admiring the view. Soft music playing in the background.

“Do you miss your parents?” He ends up asking trying to forget his conscious for a moment. He started to think about Jongin and what happened that morning and it is bothering him a bit too much. He doesn't want to lie but he doesn't want Wufan to get mad after something that didn't happen either.

“I guess. Why?”

“Just wondering. Since you asked about my father. Somehow it looked like you were feeling nostalgic.”

“They kicked me out and maybe I should hold a grudge but I don’t.”

“I don’t think you should.” He says talking from experience.

“I was just curious since you never spoke of him.”

“There’s no reason to. He isn’t here.” Wufan grips his thigh lightly in understanding. Yixing is glad that somehow even for different reasons they relate in this matter. Although it is something he makes question to not talk about he feels relieved Wufan comprehends. It pisses him off sometimes how there are people who think it isn’t normal that he lives with his mother already on his twenties and especially how, when he says he has no father, people crinkle their noses in skepticism. He usually doesn’t spare them explanations since he doesn’t owe them any.

Wufan parks somewhere and it’s a walking distance from the restaurant he mentioned. When they get there Yixing’s eyes go wide.

“Should I wonder how you can afford this?” he asks looking inside through the big windows and sees perfectly coiffed people inside with butlers fancily dressed walking around. He takes a look at his own clothes and feels underdressed.

“Well…my mom still sends in money.” He says sheepishly and Yixing glances at him from the corner of his eye. “She says she worries.” He shrugs his shoulders.

“Okay.” He goes back to look at the place and his gut twist. He was never a fancy person. Perspiration start to form and it isn’t entirely because of the heat. “But I don’t think this is for me though.” He swallows.

“Good food is good food. Do you care so much about appearances?”

“No I don’t. But they do.” He points in the restaurant’s way and Wufan sighs.

“If you’re uncomfortable I’ll buy you a burger then.” Yixing frowns and hits his arm.

“Jerk. Let’s go then.” He scoffs but doesn’t move waiting Wufan will come in first. The latter laughs as he opens the door.

Yixing feels so out of place it makes his skin itch but despite his awkwardness the food was so incredibly delicious that he soon forgot he was surrounded by elite people. Their conversation goes deep to the meaning of life up to cranks about costumers and a certain baby named Luhan that Yixing has so much pleasure to vent about. If there’s something he loves is how easy it is to talk with Wufan no matter what the subject is. When he isn’t all over him, that is. It isn’t easy to think when he’s got those collarbones exposed or those eyes only inches away bright on his. And especially not when they’re kissing. That does its job of wiping Yixing’s mind. Well if the food helped Wufan made the trick and Yixing feels completely loosen by the end of the meal. They leave the place with full stomachs that probably cost them an exorbitant amount of money. Yixing curiously asks but Wufan warns him that it was better if he remained without knowing. He doesn’t protest. They don’t leave town right away deciding to linger around the streets making the most of their time together and already out of habit the tall male grabs his hand as they walk.

“Wasn’t it nice?” Wufan breaks the silence.

“Yes.”

“I bet you thought the butler was nice as well.” Yixing shoots him a look.

“What? No I didn’t!” his voice comes out more high pitched than he planned.

“Oh I thought you had a thing for guys in barista uniforms.” Yixing starts to blush.

“That’s only you.” He looks away and Wufan’s grip becomes tighter without saying anything and lets out a contented sigh. They head down through rows of shops and something catches Wufan’s eye. Marc Jacobs. Yixing gasps because the price of a jacket could pay for two months’ rent of his apartment. He feels obligated to recline Wufan’s invite to take a look inside because his eyes might fall out of its orbits if he glances at another price tag. So he waits outside after insisting Wufan didn’t have to refuse going just because of him. Yixing uses his time alone to day dream because that’s just what he does most of the time when two figurines catch his eye. Shoot. It’s unbelievable how those two could be models now that he watches from afar. Out of all places they decided to come meander here. The odds are infamously small. Yixing curses under his breath because he doesn’t have where to hide unless inside the store. He makes a call to go in but before he could Jongin calls him.

“What are you doing here?” To Yixing’s infortune Sehun decided to go site seeing elsewhere so it’s only Jongin and him there alone. He laughs awkwardly and scratches his neck trying miserably to hide his nervousness.

“I’m just wondering around.” Jongin’s eyes are always so blunt on him it makes him choke on air. He’s not lying but he’s not telling the truth either. Always making the wrong decision that makes him mentally hit himself.

“Nice hickey.” Yixing shoots a hand to his neck to cover it as a reflex and for no reason apparent because it’s not like he can hide it now. Jongin’s brows furrow and he doesn’t seem so pleased. “Who gave it to you?” his voice sends chills down Yixing’s spine. He doesn’t want to be in this situation. At some point it seems as if he has two boyfriends and he is trying to hide them from each other. It is killing him so he decides to finally, for once, to come clean and explain everything to him. Although something had to interrupt his act of courage and it had to be Wufan.

“You again?” Both Jongin and Yixing look at him and the first scoffs seemingly perturbed by finding Wufan there. Yixing just wants to bury his head in sand. He’s got into something he tried to avoid at all costs and ended up happening anyway. He questions the reason why he couldn’t just have clarified everything right at beginning.

“He’s the one? He’s the reason why you wouldn’t let me kiss you?” Jongin points an accusatory finger in Wufan’s direction who seems to have gotten suddenly angry. Yixing turns to give him an answer but before he could the boy has receives a punch to the face. Full blow to the cheekbone. Two inches to the right and his nose would be bleeding.

“Wufan!” he looks at him in shock not believing what he had just done. The tall male is clenching at his hand but doesn’t show any sorts of guilt.

“You dare…touch him again…I swear to god I’ll break something next time.” Yixing grips at Wufan’s arm just in case.

“I’m pretty stubborn.” Jongin breathes out a laugh and shows them a smug grin not even bothered by the hit anymore. Now Yixing wants to be the one punching him. Of course Luhan was right, he’s always right. Why is this happening to me? He considers that maybe Jongin is a masochist and thinks it’s funny to take blows to the face. It was cute in the beginning having Wufan jealous but it has gotten ridiculous now. He doesn’t want anyone to get hurt and Jongin is obviously testing his luck and he knows Wufan won’t hesitate to hit him again. Yixing pulls him some steps away from the other because he can feel the tall male getting tense and ready to strike again.

“Jongin please stop.” He pleads in hopes he would at least listen to him. Receiving threats from Wufan is just adding fuel to the fire. Jongin is taking it as an incentive when he shouldn’t. Fortunately his words seem to have some impact, at least for now. The tanned boy doesn’t seem too willing but he goes away when Sehun comes back and grabs him before he could do something regretful as well.

“See you Monday.” He shows his million dollar grin again and shoots a glare in Wufan’s direction for good measure. Yixing has to grab tight on Wufan as he seems to become angry again almost as if fumigating from his nostrils.

“Let me get this straight. That son of a…” he breathes in deeply trying to let his frustrations come out with and exhale. “…person tried to kiss you?” he is stating a fact but Yixing knows he wants reassurance.

“He did but I stopped him.” he better leave out the part where he finds Jongin handsome. It’s not relevant. It's all tricks of his mind anyway. He knows his feelings and knows he couldn’t even consider dating someone like Jongin.

Wufan still looks restless considering how he tries to hide his angriness. “I never punched someone before but this guy drives me insane.” He balls his hands into fists. “The nerve.” He sighs sharply.

“Don’t worry about him.”

“You said the same last time.”

“Okay well…then trust me.”

“I do trust you but you’re too nice. It so easy for guys like him to take advantage of that.” Yixing thinks about his words and considers that they’re probably right. His mom and other people including Luhan have always told him he treated people too nicely even the ones who didn’t deserve. But even though that’s true Yixing still knows his place and he wouldn’t let be taken advantage of that easily. It took a while to understand Jongin’s intentions but he knows them now and he doesn’t plan to give him hopes anymore. “And this idiot doesn’t even know when to back down. Just please stay away I don’t want to have to hit him again.”

“I will.” In full honesty Yixing doesn’t know what comes to Jongin not to give up. Maybe it wasn’t in the best of ways but it is clear the he has a boyfriend now. It should be more than a reason for him to stop. In hopes his last words to them might have been out of his ego. Not to sound weak.

I'm struggling so much with this story T_________T I don't even know what i'm doing anymore. I ran out of ideas. I'm blocking. ERROR ERROR I never planned this to get this biiiiig it's 19k+ words already ;A; ...even my writing is starting to . It's hard because it's all from Yixing's pov and there's not much I can describe at some point. T____T I stared at this for two whole days and nothing better would come up.

So I made Kai get punched. He deserved it. LOL

I have to finish this in the next two chapters or so or else I'll die. I'm sorry. ;A; Forgive mee...

I wrote a Baekyeol two chaptered one shot if you're interested.