Butterflies

Butterflies

 

“I think he has that dimple ever since he was born.”

“I believe it’s his charm.” Wufan is all smiley at him as he pokes his dimple free cheek but Yixing just wants to punch him because really how much more can Yixing’s life be a recurrent subject. Alright that he might probably be the only thing those two have in common but he’s starting to feel really silly just listening to them talk about him.

“This cheesecake is amazing Yixing. I’ve never had tried cheesecake before and it’s really tasty.” His mom pronounces the desert’s name in the worse English possible but it’s understandable.

“It really is.” Wufan looks at him still smiling. “Thank you. It actually reminds me of America.” Thankfully the subject changes after that and Yixing’s mother starts asking Wufan about his life. How it was to live in America and if prefers there from here. He answers that he needed to change and, for some reason, to come back and what at first started by only being a trip to sort out his thoughts ended up to be a new life.

“You live here alone? Won’t your parents miss you?” She asks.

“Well…I don’t know if they do but they were the ones who told me to leave.” He lowers his head.

“Your parents told you to leave? Why?”

“I said I wasn’t going to college and they didn’t take it very well…I wasn’t working either so my father wasn’t really happy about me slacking around. He wanted me to join his company but I refused and this led to a discussion and ended up with my father telling me to leave the house.” Yixing and his mother are attentively listening to him. She hums and Wufan exhales before continuing. “I decided to just come back but then I got a job and well, I stayed.”

“I’m sure your father meant the best for you.”

“He probably did but I really don’t want that life for me.” Yixing’s mom hums again.

“Are you satisfied with your life now?” Yixing glares at his mother because these aren’t really the appropriate questions to be making. Wufan obviously doesn’t like to talk about his father as much Yixing doesn’t like to talk about his and he really doesn’t want his boyfriend to be feeling pressured by his mother asking about his life choices.

“I am.”

“You do work at a cake shop.”

“Mama that’s really not-”

“Perhaps not the most fulfilling job but I’m content and it gives me enough money to live. And I have something infinitely better than money right now and I wouldn’t change that for nothing in this world.” Wufan interrupts Yixing’s intervention.

“Enough for you to live alone.” She remarks and Yixing sighs. This was what he was afraid really. Her starting to talk about these kinds of things.

“We’re not getting married.” Yixing scowls.  Next to him Wufan goes back to silently eat the rest of the desert and his mother looks at him with dough eyes as if Yixing ruined her childhood dream.

“Well…maybe one day.” She says softly and this makes Yixing groan in frustration. He gets up and brings his dish to the sink. Mrs. Zhang does the same taking hers and Wufan’s. “I’ll clean up. I’m sure Wufan has to work in the morning.” She tells her goodbyes and Yixing walks Wufan to the door that ends up being taking Wufan to the car because, well, because it gets hard at some point to be around each other and not be all over each other in all the cheesy graphic sense of those words.

Yixing sighs between the kisses and grasps hard at Wufan’s jacket as he feels the hard surface of the car get more and more preeminent in his back the more Wufan presses against his body. When they pull away the tall male makes an unexpected question.

“You wouldn’t marry me?” Yixing almost gasps because could Wufan have been brooding in this matter the whole time?

“Wufan…that’s not…I…I just don’t believe in marriage.” He says softly and Wufan pulls away completely giving space for Yixing to breathe.

“It’s okay.”

“I really don’t want you to start thinking about that. It’s really no use.” He sighs. Wufan stays quiet so he continues. “I don’t actually believe in love forever.” It comes out a lot colder than he intended to. He doesn’t know how to actually put it in another way.

“You don’t…” It’s not actually a question but more of a self-confirmation.

“I prefer to think about the present…about what is happening now. I believe in destiny and that people are meant to be…but…”

“Not forever.” Wufan finishes.

“Yeah…not forever.” He scratches the back of his neck.

“It’s okay for you to think that Yixing.” He starts getting closer again. The closer possible and hovers over the younger’s frame and speaks his words softly. “But I’m not going anywhere…so even if it takes the rest of my life I’m going to make you believe in forever again.” Yixing forgets how to breathe for a second and Wufan leans to kiss him again. Not as heated as the one’s Yixing is used to but sweet and slow and just purely chaste. Almost like the way Wufan used to kiss him when they first met and Yixing learns that, yes, probably there isn’t an expiration date for everything. For the more he tries to reason that this is how fairy tails are build, on false promises, he falls in comfort once more because it’s Wufan. It’s Wufan and Wufan makes him feel like the world doesn’t spin and time is just a number. Like he’s eternally in freefall. Like he can’t actually breathe and he’s his only source of oxygen. But Wufan is the reason why he loses his breath, Wufan is the reason why he has hope for tomorrow. And apparently the one that will teach him that maybe…maybe there is such thing as forever.

For infinite reasons when Wufan pulls away Yixing doesn’t want to let go. This makes the tall male smile and brush a hand through his cheek and he tells him softly that it’s late. Yixing merely pleads for a last kiss and he makes sure it counts.

When he goes up and closes the door behind him he sighs and smiles. Those silly smiles love-struck people do after a date.

“I’m sorry son…” He gets surprised and tries his best to suppress his grin but she catches it and smiles as well. “You seem so in love.” She interrupts herself and her words make Yixing’s heart beat faster. His mind running every mile of his time with Wufan, every detail of his face, every touch. “…I didn’t mean to press that subject.”

“It’s okay. It doesn’t matter.” He pulls away from the door and presses a kiss to his mother’s forehead and wishes her goodnight. He knows his mother’s wish is to see him married although he always told her it was never in his plans to do so. Always in mind that he wouldn’t find that greater love to even make that decision. And to him marriage it’s merely a certificate and in most cases a blunt farce. He doesn't believe in it because he has no reason to. His father left and threw his vows at the window by doing so. It doesn't pain Yixing that he isn't there but it pains him to see how his mother suffered and how she stills hangs on to a delusion that he might come back. Yixing doesn't like to be skeptical and he never was but there was a time when he felt like love wasn't real. His mind changed and now...now he believes it's real more than ever. At this point he doesn't care anymore if the future is shaky he just wants to believe and let himself go. Wufan feels right and he trusts him and trusts his words. There's no guarantee tomorrow will happen but even if it doesn't Yixing still wants to remember yesterday.

 

Sorry...so sorry...it's small and not that good but I was stuck so for the sake of moving on I decided to just cut it here.

Baaaaaah this monster already has 35k+ o_o

Anyway...you know I started to write Sekai's side story and two chapters are already up so you can go read it if you'd like.

I'm feeling bad because I don't like this one bit. T__T I'll make it up to you I swear...