Butterflies

Butterflies

 

 

“You’re starring again Yixing.” His best friend tells him slurping on his 3rd bubble tea of the day but in Luhan’s defense they were lurking in the coffee shop for two good pair of hours and it is a horrifyingly hot summer day.

“I like his face.”

“You are blowing holes at his though.” Yixing slaps his head at the comment and goes back to do what he came there to do. Stare. Bluntly but yet, as he said before coming in, not that obviously. At Luhan’s perspective he was failing miserably. “Your eyes are glowing. Make it stop.”

“Come on dude I do everything for you, back me up a bit.”

“I’m sitting here for four hours straight already, my is sore. I’ll pay you back but please let’s leave. He’ll be here tomorrow again anyway.” Yixing’s mind didn’t feel the hours pass through so he didn’t want to leave. He bargained with paying all the bubble teas the boy wanted for the next month and cupcakes and whatnots but Luhan wouldn’t back down. “I’m leaving you here alone!” the older ended up threatening.

“No, no, okay, okay, we’ll leave.” He sulks but stands and follows Luhan to the exit although not before giving a last glance at the tall, blonde boy at the counter looking all majestic or so his eyes make out to see. He was nearly looking away when at the last second he catches the other boy turning to gaze at him and their eyes meet. When cupid hits, he hits hard and merciless he learns, his heart sinking to the bottom of his stomach and butterflies start to dance on it. If a thousand feelings could sink down into one, that massive monster was the attacking Yixing right now. His legs wobble and they stare for what feels like ages but all good things come to an end or in this case all good things get spoiled by a best friend because Yixing feels being pulled.

“Let’s go marmite!” he pulls until the younger boy is completely out of range of the coffee shop.

“He’s so pretty.” Yixing sighs to start daydreaming and filling Luhan’s pretty ears with all the disgusting cutesy little names he has ready for his boy crush.

“This is not healthy you know that?”

“I can’t hear you over my butterflies.” It sounds like a mock to the oldest but he actually looks serious.

“You are getting senile.” Yixing ignores and starts strolling faster not to have to listen to him and give his reveries some freedom to cruise freely in his brain. So what he’s a bit obsessed. It’s not his fault he endlessly defends. God created the most breathtaking creature and landed him right at Yixing’s line of sight, it was bound to crush the boy’s low expectations in men to rank them as high as possible. And Yixing is a believer, he believes in greater good and that his boy scout’s behavior will bring him rewards. He believes in destiny and how people’s paths cross each other for a purpose. Every person he meets is destined to be in his life even if to merely make him change routes or lead him to other people. Everyone has a purpose and his curiosity before the blonde male is killing his insides or his brain cells as Luhan likes to taunt. At this point the older male is long gone, probably gone home he thinks or at least hopes. They were never the kind of friends to have sugary goodbyes or be all cutesy together. They are old school friends, knowing each other since forever. It’s like having a fifth limb, it’s second nature brought together by a mutual passion. He texts him to make sure he’s okay, after all he’s not that insensible. Luhan replies with ugly angry emoticons with tongue sticking out saying he was abandoned. Yixing smiles because this is a side of Luhan he adores, the dramatic queen within him. It’s entertaining.

He grabs his headphones surrounding his neck, puts them on and the Korean boy band song he left off starts playing again. He gets on the subway and goes home. When he gets there his mom hasn’t come back yet so he goes directly to his room, discards his bag and connects his iPod to the speakers and Lazy Love is playing. The strong background beats get over his body and he starts moving to the sound. A big part of him is this, dancing. Dancing without thinking about the world, to forget who he is in each step, to be one with the music, to feel like the wind that blows lightly in his cheek in the morning. To feel alive. To feel love. To fall in love. He dances every bit of the music with passion and when it ends he comes back to reality. He doesn’t feel all that tired but flops onto the bed anyway. The shuffle keeps singing and he blankly stares at the ceiling until his eyes start to feel heavy and a soft song echoes the room, he closes them slowly and let’s his dreams invade him. He dreams of the golden haired boy tonight.

 

Length: 800+

Wow this first chapter is really small. When I wrote the thing I wasn't expecting it to be bigger than a one shot so I had to divided it. The next chapters are bigger tho. Uhm...I hope you like it. I feel like it's a bit cliche but yeah I just wanted to write something easy to make up for my non existent sequel and this idea poped out. I really like writing about Luhan's and Yixing's friendship. It's fun haha. Yes uhm...that is all. Oh the picture is sort of how Yixing sees Wufan at the coffee shop, all glowing and angel like xD Except the hair pushed up but his uniform has a white dress shirt so this goes well. lol I love you all just for reading ;u; thank youu. byee~