Butterflies

Butterflies

 

The next three days pass and Yixing has his mind in a soup. Trainings are getting harder and the pressure of coming up with a choreography are taking the best of him. Not to mention Wufan. He never actually decided anything since then probably leaving the boy waiting for nothing. He feels remorse but can’t bring himself to do something about it. In this particular day, dance class was really forceful and Yixing being a person who doesn’t know when to quit he took it to his maximum causing him a sprain. Luckily for him it isn’t something that has to bring him to the hospital but ice and rest is required or else he’ll be confined to detention not allowed to practice. Not the kind of measures the teacher wants to take but Yixing is a special case of stubbornness. Luhan joins him at the practice room with a little sack of ice when everybody had already left.

“Told you not to push it. As if you ever listen to me in this matter anyway.” Yixing lets out a yelp when Luhan pushes particularly hard on the ice pack pressed to his ankle.

“The teacher wasn’t actually taking it slow either.”

“You know your limits yet you act on rushed decisions.” The younger boy rolls his eyes at him, such statement being all too familiar already. Silent settles until the older boy decides to touch the subject he so much wants to avoid. “So, did you decide anything yet?”

“No, not really.”

“You should consider his feelings too, you know.”

“Yes I know but…what do I even say?” he lets out a whimper partially of pain partially of frustration.

“How about the humanly common greeting word?” Luhan says with a slight sarcastic intuition to it. The younger frowns at the mocking but searches for the piece of paper in his bag that’s found next to him. “You haven’t added his number yet?”

“No.” he contemplates the paper and his phone that is now on his other hand and starts to add the number putting it under Wufan. He gives Luhan a look, not even sure why, if looking for approval or help he’s not sure.

“Go on.” Approval it is then. His heart is pounding in his ears when he thumbs the letters to write a small hello and he considers whether or not to include a smiley face. He ends up deciding not to and presses send.

“Oh god. Kill me.” His back falls on the floor and he brings his hands to his face dropping the phone and the paper along the way. Nervousness attacks him and he doesn’t like it at all, especially how the tall boy makes him be this way, all flustered and anxious. Luhan pats his lower leg for comfort reassuring him the worst has passed but his wish of death doesn’t flee away when he realizes the phone doesn’t vibrate the more time passes. Their classes are finished for the day so they grab their bags to leave the academy. Before entering the subway station the older boy suggests for them to go somewhere since his ankle isn’t as bad as it hurt but Yixing declines saying he ratters go home to get some choreography planning done.

“Don’t push it.”

“Yes mom.” Luhan gives him a judging look and makes his way to take the subway line that’ll lead him home and Yixing does the same on the opposite way falling into his usual ritual, headphones on and living life like a music video. When he gets to his endpoint his pocket vibrates, it makes his heart skip a beat with the possibility of it being Wufan. He fumbles in the pocket and it’s indeed the tall boy’s name bright in a little window opened in his phone’s screen and that makes his heart sink to his stomach in a familiar sensation. It’s the butterflies again. They dance around everywhere inside him to a point it almost makes him feel nauseous. He gets so distracted with what is happening he gasps when someone suddenly knocks him almost off the floor. He didn’t notice he had stopped in the middle of a crowded street since it felt like he was taken to another dimension for a split second. It takes him a minute to recover but soon the message is opened by shaky fingers. Hey. :) Can you meet me right now? A yelp leaves his mouth without the chance of stopping it. That was definitely not what he was expecting. Something so sudden. He doesn’t want to take this step, he knows he doesn’t and for what matters shouldn’t, but the butterflies talk and apparently also take control. Where? His legs feel heavy so he reclines against a wall and takes a deep breath constantly asking himself about his actions. Seconds pass when a second message comes with the place where Wufan is. To his surprise it isn’t even near the cake shop and actually not that far from where he is. He answers that he’ll be there soon and receives a wide smiley face in return. A smiley face guy joins to the list of things Wufan is that he wasn’t expecting. It takes an extra set of minutes for him to recover the feel in his legs and start walking towards his destination.

The walk calms him down permitting him to actually rationalize when he meets the tall blond boy. His thoughts are rationalized just right until he sees a smile flash his way and giggling fill his brain again.

“I never thought you’d actually come.” He forgot how much that deep voice had such an impact on him. Wufan was dressing a white t-shirt and jeans which was a complete change from his usual work uniform. He looks breathtaking. White is definitely is color Yixing thinks to himself. He breathes out a sigh not having noticed he was even holding one.

“I-I was about not to…” the sentence seems unfinished.

“I’m glad you did.” Another smile curls up his lips and Yixing can’t bring in himself not to reattribute it with a dimple on the side. Wufan pokes his cheek and his heart makes his a hundred race that day. “I hope you’re hungry.” He starts walking forward and the shorter boy looks at him confused but doesn’t say anything and follows. He is indeed hungry but he can’t keep wondering what the other’s plan is.

The walk is made silent and Yixing is thankful the place he’s taking him isn’t that far afraid the atmosphere would fall into awkwardness. It’s a cozy little typical Chinese restaurant and Wufan shows just how polite he can be by opening the door for Yixing and bowing to the restaurant owners. It makes him smile recalling their bathroom meeting.

“This is my favorite place in China. I used to come here when I was a kid.” He says while they seat at a table placed in a comfortable corner. He sits loosely almost naturally as if it was his home placing his elbows on the table and resting his chin on his hands while Yixing disposes his bag next to his chair and sits politely with his hands folded in his lap.

“I thought you were from America.” Wufan smiles.

“I am, I was but I lived here when I was really young and my parents used to take me here.” His smile feels almost nostalgic and Yixing smiles with him.

“That’s nice.” He lowers his head to look at his hands and some seconds fell into silence.

 

Length: 1200+

This chapter was going way too far so I cut it. Where am I even taking this? Omg. I guess we'll have to see.

I'm glad you guys liked my version of LayHan's friendship haha. Uhm yeah. Yixing is a confused pony that isn't aware of things half of the time and Wufan likes that XD

THANK YOU FOR READING, BLESS YOUR SOULS!!!

asdfghjklçlkjhgfdsdfghjklkjhygtfdfghjk cute idiot urgh