Butterflies

Butterflies

 

The next day he wakes up uncomfortable and stiff, sensation he’s only able to understand when he sits up and notices he fell asleep fully clothed even with his shoes on but instead of a frowning he smiles. Good dreams make good mornings. He leaves the bed to take a shower that takes an extra portion of time than usual. When he finishes getting dressed, a pair of jeans and a white tee with a nicely low v cut, he inspects too see if his mother has arrived but she wasn't home, probably working extra shifts today he thinks to himself. Either way he leaves a message on her phone so he’ll be reassured. She answers late, when he’s ready to step off the subway but she does and Yixing breathes out a sigh. School is always tiring and this morning won’t be any different but his days aren’t even that workaday and uneventful when he has a silly older best friend that actually acts like a five year old.

“Hey lover boy.” Luhan hugs him from behind and breathes out puffs of air into his ear that he’s more that familiar with it being a soft spot. In revenge the younger kicks him in the shins. “. You know what. I’ve got good news for you.” He starts saying while they walk towards the university campus. Both of them are majoring in the Beijing Dance Academy which is one of the only that offers higher education in dance in China. Luhan’s specializing in performance - because he dreams to be an idol star someday - and Yixing's specializing in choreography.

“If it isn’t golden boy’s marriage certificate I’m not interested.” he purposely exagerates.

“Oh god Yixing, you’re not serious right? I know you’re in there somewhere.” The taller boy grabs him by the shoulders and shakes him. “Come back!” the younger slaps his hands. “I’m reconsidering telling you what I found out.” Yixing stops his feet and turns to him.

“What? What did you found out?” his eyes started sparkling like Luhan feared.

“You know Victoria right?”

“Yes I introduced you two, idiot.”

“My muse.” Luhan sighs and his blush is showing. He is hardly capable to control his fanboying when talking about her.

“Please. Where is this news for me?”

“Oh right, yes her, I talked to her the other day because well she was offering herself to teach the little kids from elementary and you know how selfless I am right? I had to offer my help.” He fakes a couple loud chuckles to make emphasis but Yixing shows himself not amused. “Okay, so we talked and I ended up venting about you and your little crush-”

“Who gave you the right to talk about my things to others? Jesus Luhan!” he starts pacing forward with heavy steps but Luhan grabs his arm and pulls before he could get to far away.

“Wait, wait…I’m sorry, I know I shouldn’t have but it came out as a good thing because your best friend discovered golden boy’s name.” he smiles brightly to show repent. Yixing hesitates but smiles back with sparkling eyes again.

“Do I even want to know?”

“Are you serious? It’s not like you gained some balls and went talking to him.”

“Easy for you to say! He’s so pretty and tall. Oh god.” He heaves.

“Yixing quit being a girl, you’re handsome as hell, get your together and do something. You know what? I won’t tell you his name.”

“What? Why? That’s not fair! Luhan!!”

“Nope. Go ask him yourself.”

“Don’t do this to me man, you know I’m shy.”

“Time to fix that no?” he smiles, pats the younger on the upper arm and starts walking his way towards the front door.

“Luhaan!” he cries and the older makes a reverse on his heels and is back in two seconds.

“Dude don’t embarrass me, I have a reputation to maintain.”

“Party pooper? Annoying y baby? monkey face?”

“Shut up, you’re so immature. Let’s go.” He pulls the other along.

“You’re the immature. Baby faced freak.” Luhan just sighs and keeps pulling occasionally passing a hand through his mouth to shut him up when a stupid comment threatens to escape from it and they walk towards the classrooms only separating when each make their way to their respective classes. Yixing doesn't do as good in dance class today having his brain disconnect from the steps and go float around the coffee shop and more precisely go orbiting around a certain someone.

Two hours pass and they reunite in the cafeteria. When Yixing arrives Luhan is already there.

“You want to be a star but that thing goes straight to your thighs.” He comments while watching the other munching on a whipped cream filled cake.

“Could you be more gay?” Yixing frowns.

“You’re lucky you’re an idiot or I would take you seriously.”

“I don’t get fat. I’m flawless like that.” Flaunting was always his favorite hobby and this goes for several more minutes, offenses thrown back and forth until someone joins them at their table, Luhan’s proclaimed muse to be exact.

“Hello boys.”

“Oh…Victoria!” he almost jumps out of his seat to bow to her. Yixing watches him with amusement staying put in his seat. “I was just talking about you.”

“No you weren’t.” that earns him a perforating glare.

“Oh you’re charming Luhan.” She gives him an honest smile. “Can I sit with you?” Luhan almost drops everything from the table trying to clear his bag away so she could sit next to him. This couldn’t bring more delight to Yixing even if he asked to. She takes the seat and smiles at him in recognition and he reciprocates the gesture slightly bowing his head. After all she was a senior and one of the best of the school which actually brings the question to why she’s even here with them. “I need to talk to you two.” Luhan is still staring holes at her face and misses her iniciative completely.

“Why?” Yixing asks nonchalantly. Victoria and him have met before and even danced together so he doesn’t feel that much intimidation by her being older and somehow along the way they got to acquaintance status. Although he still feels uncomfortable for what she knows about him from Luhan's blabber mouth.

“The school is doing a project for the end of the school year and you and Luhan are the best in your divisions so you’re invited to participate.”

“Invited?” she lets out a breathy laugh.

“I thought the term seemed less scary.”

“We all know that is not how this runs.”

“Well, it’ll give you credits so not all is bad.” She smiles warmly and starts talking about all the details they need to know about the project and their specific roles in it, something that passes completely by the older boy without a stop for memorization which makes Yixing have to explain it all again when she leaves.

“I’m going to dance with her! Did you hear? She called me charming.” he laughs proudly and the smile in his face hurts Yixing's eyes so he rolls them in annoyance.

“This is not ‘Luhan marries Victoria’ project. Don’t get any ideas.”

“Can’t a man dream? I’m a professional though, I know my place.”

“Yeah right. Anyway she’ll kick your sorry in every way possible so you better step it up.”

“I trust you to be my mentor XingXing.” he flashes a grin and pats the other’s cheek.

“Don’t call me that.” he glares, Luhan draws back and informs him the status of his stomach considering all the pros of buying another piece a cake which makes him roll his eyes again. “Walrus.” Yixing’s shoulder receives a harsh slap.

“But…you know where they make the best cakes?” insinuation is palpable in his tone even though the younger tries to ignore it.

“For future references you were the one suggesting it!”

“I’m in a good mood and I’m the best friend someone can ask for if I can be quite honest.” Yixing isn’t even listening to him anymore busier grabbing his bag to make his way to the exit. The older shouts in annoyance but soon enough follows giving a quick run. They catch the subway to make it downtown and take their way to the coffee shop however Yixing stops some feet before making his way in.

 

 

Length: 1300+

Oh boy. So okay. I was going to bring Tao to the equation but I don’t see him as a dancer at all, he is a kung fu panda. Lol so I brought Victoria instead since she's chinese and all. Anyway. Uhm yes. No Wufan yet but this is a pretty rushed plot so he’ll be there probably in the next chapter. My English vocabulary is so restrict I’m finding hard to write bigger fics and not repeat myself. Despite my lack of ability I hope you like it anyway :) here have Luhan munching on a cake. haha Luhan/Cake=OTP