Butterflies

Butterflies

 

 

Luhan calls him Monday morning, way too early for a vacation day, and asks Yixing to meet him at Wufan’s cafe because what’s the point to go any other place if that is just the perfect set. It’s near his home and Yixing can see his disgustingly mushy lover, as Luhan made sure to call him, so it’s win-win. Yixing grunts and only after hearing Wufan’s name he decided to agree getting off bed in such hour. He goes take a shower and dresses anything comfortable but yet sensual enough to please his boyfriend. Or tease. That is probably the better term. Yixing finds great pleasure in teasing Wufan because, really, it’s adorable how the taller male tries to keep his hands to himself in order to control his eagerness. And funnier than that it’s how Wufan still thinks that Yixing is the innocent one of the relationship that acts out without a thought. So there he goes with a nice white tank top that not only compliments his milky skin but also shows his lovely collarbones and his preeminent arm muscle. He’s proud of those. He hasn’t shown Wufan any part of his body ever since that day when he caught him out of the shower so this is just a little push to drive Wufan over the edge a bit more. Yixing laughs to himself as he looks at his outfit through the reflection of the stores’ windows and thinks that he looks just close to perfect for today. If Wufan complains he’ll blame it on the heat.

When he gets there the shop is empty and at the sight of Wufan by the counter he makes sure to flaunt his presence a bit too much. He catches from the corner of his eye the exact reaction he wanted from Wufan. He doesn’t spare a look at him or the storefront displaying the cakes and goes sit by the usual table where Luhan is already seated. He doesn’t look too bright has he usually does though.

“Hey.” He says softly and Luhan looks up at him and smiles. He has a bubble tea between his hands and it’s still full so Yixing hopes it means he hasn't been there waiting too long.

“Why do I feel like I don’t want to go?” Luhan speaks, suddenly dropping his smile.

“You’re scared.”

“I am. I don’t know Korea. What the hell was I thinking about? I can’t even speak Korean!” He drops his head and brings his hands to his hair.

“It’s okay. Isn’t that why you’re going earlier?” Yixing tries to comfort him.

“I want to spend my summer with you.” He raises his head again and speaks a bit franticly. “I don’t want to be closed inside an empty house learning a language I don’t like. Why aren’t you stopping me? Why do you always support me? Dammit Yixing!” Yixing laughs. He was expecting this actually. Luhan is only acting out in fear. He’s panicking. But Yixing feels as if his words hide some reality. Yixing had thought about it. Stopping him. But he never did because it was Luhan’s dream and it would be selfish of him to just say he didn’t want him to go because he doesn’t want to be alone. It would be selfish to keep him there because he can’t think of his life without seeing Luhan every day. It would just be plain selfish to stop him because he would miss him too much. So he supports him. That’s what friends do anyway.

“First of all you love Korean, don’t bull me. Dbsk fanboy or you think I don’t know?” He laughs when Luhan looks embarrassed at this revelation. “And second you’re only saying those things because you have doubts.” He reaches to grab Luhan’s hands in his. “It’s going to be fine. You want this. You always had.” He sends him an honest smile.

“You don’t love me anymore, you have Wufan now.” Yixing thinks he’s kidding but Luhan looks serious.

“Always the over dramatic Luhan.”

“Make me stay Yixing.” Yixing sighs.

“I’m not doing that. You’re just panicking. Everything will be alright. You’re going to be great and if I hear you cry again I’m calling you a baby for the rest of your life.”

“I hate you.” Yixing smiles.

“I know.”

“The first no and I come back.”

“No you don’t. You stay and you push it and you rub your pretty face in their noses.”

“That’s disgusting.”

“Not figuratively, you marmite. Just don’t give up. You were never the quitter type Han.” He squeezes his hands before letting go and Luhan sighs and Yixing is sure it’s because he just realize that his words are truthful. “Now. Let’s get you some cake.” Luhan smiles and sounds like a little kid when asking for his beloved black forest and Yixing beams back thinking how much he will miss his best friend. It actually feels heavy on his chest this feeling like he has lost part of his heart. He was never far from Luhan for more than a couple days. This will pain him more than he thought. But Yixing can’t let that show to Luhan.

Before Yixing could get up and go order the piece of that sinful chocolate cake Wufan is already by their table.

“Can I take your order?” He says seriously and Yixing laughs.

“You’re so silly.” His dimple flashes.

“Your love gives me the chills. Give me my cake so I won’t feel so much like a third wheel, oh, and make that two pieces because I’m eating one by myself.” Luhan snickers.

“Yes. Coming right up, sir.” Wufan leaves and Yixing laughs some more.

“What’s up with your boyfriend?”

“Who knows.” The conversation about Wufan doesn’t go any longer than that because as Luhan likes to remember Yixing it’s not his favorite topic, you know talking about how you like Wufan to touch you, he even fakes a shiver to stand out his point. So over their obscenely big pieces of cake they revive the old times to remember. For a good laugh at nostalgia and at the end they find themselves just sighing with a smile on their lips and looking down at their own plates. Yixing’s half eaten when Luhan’s already empty which Yixing likes to comment on by calling Luhan a glutton. And his remark just gets utterly verified when Luhan reaches to eat the rest of Yixing’s. “You have no manners.”

“And you have no appetite. How can someone waste this? You horrible felon.” Yixing laughs. It’s always amusing listening to Luhan.

When they finish and Luhan goes back to be utterly sad Yixing goes pay for the meals making it his treat and they leave the shop. Yixing gets ready to say goodbye when Luhan latches himself to him and hugs tight. Almost too tight. But it’s okay, Yixing hugs back and rubs his hands up and down Luhan’s back. It lasts a while and Luhan’s hold doesn’t slacken even a bit and Yixing can hear him sob against his neck. When Luhan finally pulls away he wipes his tears and shrugs it off.

“Dammit Yixing. Always so clingy.” Yixing smiles. “I have things to pack. I’m leaving in some hours.” He breathes out. “I love you.”

“I love you too Han.” Luhan doesn’t say anything else and goes his way. Yixing watches him walk away because he knows Luhan will look back and he really does so Yixing waves and the other waves back. He only goes back to the shop when Luhan is already out of sight.

“You look nice.” Wufan mumbles when Yixing flashes his dimple. He smiles wider and thanks him for the compliment. “I’m surprised to see you here. Is something wrong with Luhan?” He asks behind the counter. There’s practically no one inside the shop so it’s not really a problem if Yixing lingers there for a while.

“He’s leaving.”

“Oh. Are you okay?”

“Yeah. I’m fine. I think…” Yixing tries not to look too downward because he really wants to be strong and not let this affect him so much. It’s all for the sake of Luhan, he mentally reminds himself. Wufan leans on top of the counter and pulls Yixing by the front of his shirt so he’ll be able to crash lips with him. Yixing smiles into the kiss because Wufan has a peculiar way of being romantic and it just melts him. “I’ll be fine.”

 

Okay so I had to give Luhan a proper goodbye because well he's a big part of Yixing's life. :)

I'm honestly touched from the bottom of my heart by your comments. I can't even tell you how much I love you for being so kind to me and reading my story and be a part of this lovely adventure of mine in the world of writing fanfiction. You make this whole experience the best thing ever. I smile so widely whenever you comment. You have no idea what it means to me. :'')

So THANK YOU. Thank you so so much. ;u;