Butterflies

Butterflies

 

“Hold on, Han.” The older stops with his hand on the doorknob and turns his head to search for the other not having noticed he wasn’t behind him in the first place and when he catches his glance he makes his way to join him.

“What? What is it?” he sounds worried.

“Do I look good?” he flashes a smile and Luhan rolls his eyes.

“You’re the hottest piece of China has ever seen now let’s get me some cake.” They get in and seat at their usual spot, a little table in the back next to a window that has a nice yet discrete view to the front counter and the rest of the shop. Golden boy can’t be seen anywhere and Yixing’s breathing changes. The coffee shop is what would be considered deserted, only two couples beside themselves and a girl in the cash register could be found. It’s the cute kind of cupcake shop, pinkish and mostly frequented by couples. Which was mostly the reason why they hesitated to go in the first time they found out golden boy worked there. The oldest fought with threats and bribery but the youngest’ puppy eyes took over him, something he curses until this day. “What kind of cake do you want? I’ll get it.” The best part of being Luhan’s friend is that there’s no need to talk for him to understand what is going on. He knows Yixing like the palm of his hand and remembers how his last relationship didn’t work all too well and how naively in love he falls each time. He knows he needs someone to be there for him even though he’s a perspicacious grown up man so he goes get the biggest slice of cake displayed for them to share.

“Holy Mary this cake is heaven!”

“Told you. Believe me when I talk about cake okay?”

“You eat everything edible. You have no manners.”

“Shush, I eat like a lady.”

“That’s not what the cake on your face is telling me.” He laughs and reaches to his face to wipe off the bit of pastry that’s found on his cheek. “You’re such a baby.”

“Good thing I have you to babysit me then.” He doesn’t even raise his head to gaze at him only giving the cake attention and almost slurping it all. He ends up finishing it by himself and Yixing takes some breaks from their conversation to eye the door in case golden boy comes in. “That’s not going to make him come faster. Stop. I’m pretty too, see?” The older male makes the so familiar flower pose that Korean pop stars do.

“I don’t like your face though.”

“What? Why?!” he looks genuinely stunned.

“You’re too cute.”

“Should I take that as an insult?”

“No, you’re just not my type at all.”

“But I’m manly though.” Yixing almost spits when laughing. “What’s so funny?”

“Nothing, nothing Han, you’re the manliest man I’ve ever met.” He comforts and pats his arm, the subject being marked as over.

Only a few minutes pass by and Yixing decides to go to the bathroom. He is feeling tired, his dance classes are getting harsher and his back is getting pained. He enters the men’s room to only wash his face and stretch his legs but he got a surprise when he entered making him be magically glued to the floor. A tall, golden haired figure can be seen looking at his reflection in the mirror while tucking the dress shirt in the black pants of his uniform. A few seconds pass before the tall boy notices Yixing rooted there with wide eyes looking paler than usual.

“Oh, I didn’t see you there. Do you want to wash your hands?” in a matter of fact he does but not really anymore and even if he still wanted he couldn’t even make is way to the sink since he’s frozen. “Are you okay?” he asks when Yixing doesn’t make any move neither answers him in any kind of way. Tall boy makes his way over to him to touch him and make sure he’s okay. That made the trick. Yixing flinched and took a step to the side.

“I’m-I’m fine. I was going to wash my face but you’re busy so I’ll come back.”

“No. It’s fine you can use it.” He smiles and Yixing thinks he could just stare forever. He goes over to the sink to do exactly what he said he would but his hands are shaking because golden boy is behind him watching. “I’ve seen you here.” At this statement Yixing wants to drown in the running water. “You come often don’t you? With your boyfriend.” Now he just wants to make it fast and take a piece of glass to stake it to his chest.

“What? Luhan? My boyfriend? No, no, no. He’s my friend.”

“Oh, but I thought since you guys come together almost every day and you were sharing a cake just now and if I remember correctly you buy him pearl milk tea all the time.” Yixing’s thoughts roam everywhere. He just walked in and he missed his entrance, he saw them sharing the cake. He knows who he is and remembers his orders. A smile threatens to creep all over his face and although he tries to keep it down, thoughts, like how cute it sounds when he says pearl milk tea despite the deep voice he has, keep popping out so he fails and smirks anyway.

“He is not my boyfriend. He’s just my bestfriend.” He’s not sure and believes it might have been his imagination but there was a glint of a smile on the other boy’s lips. He is looking at him through the mirror and stares because he never actually saw him smile before so he wants to make sure he’ll do it again but the other raises his head and meets his eyes which makes him look away in shyness.

“I’m Wufan.” He introduces and reaches a hand so the shorter male would shake it. A small smile leaves his lips and Yixing turns around smiling back. He takes his hand. The hand is much bigger than his and stronger, firm but soft.

“Shouldn’t we bow?” the sentence is out before he could stop it. He scratches the back of his head and Wufan laughs.

“I guess I haven’t regained that habit yet.”

“You didn’t used to live here?” Wufan chuckles again.

“I lived in America for some years.” Yixing lets out a breathy Oh, just blinks and when he senses the atmosphere going awkward he tries to make his way out of there.

“I should go. Nice to meet you.” He bows and the tall boy laughs once more making Yixing think he’s doing something really stupid to be making him giggle like that at every move.

“Wait, I-” his arm is stretched as if to stop him to walk out but doesn’t reach him. “You didn’t tell me your name.”

“Oh. I’m Yixing.” He gets ready to turn away again because he really doesn’t know how to prolong all of this and he’s starting to sweat and heave and the thoughts of failure and abandonment are starting to creep his mind. Maybe he really isn’t that interesting, maybe that was the reason he never got serious relationships, maybe it was his entire fault on the contrary of what Luhan said to him. He wants to leave and somehow cry at the realization but his task isn’t being easy.

“Wait. It’s something wrong? I mean, you don’t seem to want to be talking to me.”

“I…I’m not a good person to talk to, really.” He lowers his head.

“I’ll be the judge of that but I won’t know if you don’t.”

“Why do you want me to talk to you?” he looks at Wufan in curiosity and the latter looks away shyly.

“You seem nice.” His fanboying gets a private party in his brain and making the sounds not come out is getting difficult although he tries and somehow succeeds. Yixing didn’t took him for the shy type but first impressions are often wrong and so far he likes what he’s learning about him. Although he wants to scream his lungs out and just by any means kiss him, just ravish those lips with his own, he stops himself inwardly. “I’m not making you do anything you don’t want. Here, have my number.” He takes out a small note book from his bag positioned next to the sink and scribbles the numbers. Yixing takes a deep breath. “If you want to talk, I’ll be waiting.” The tall male hands out the piece of paper previously folded in two and he shakily grabs it. Wufan makes his way out and walks extremely closely through Yixing breathing out his last words once more. I’ll be waiting.

 

Length: 1400+

Since I ended up writing the little sequel and I was tired out of my mind this one came later. Uhm...yeah well I think it's pretty obvious what is going on right? lol Wufan is pretty straight forward, thank goodness or else Yixing wouldn't do anything haha

Oh and again thank you. I thank a lot but honestly I don't think it's enough. You guys are the best and the cutest and I love you all. Thank you so much for reading :) And to wrap this up I'll leave here the gif that inspired the Wufan of this story lol :P Little cocky bastard hahahaha cough