Butterflies

Butterflies

 

 

 

It takes another two days until Yixing sees Wufan again just when he was starting to feel incredibly bored again and running out of possible ways of occupying his time. It’s sad actually how he got there. He finally has a boyfriend and now that he has one he can’t even be with him that often. He can’t even bother his best friend about it. At these times he misses Luhan the most, when he’s all alone and blowing carbon dioxide into air just for the sake of doing something. Or when something cool happens and he can’t just call or come over. To just talk about nothing under a tree or inside a coffee shop protected from the rain. He starts to revive his moments with Luhan but he stops because it makes him sad. Luhan is busy so he can’t really do much about that.

Two days and Wufan calls to ask him on a date. Food, nice clothes, the moon light and all that cheesy stuff Yixing says it’s not really his thing but it actually is. He smiles behind the phone and tries for his voice not to sound as excited as he feels. It’s still noon but Yixing doesn’t waste a minute and starts to scan his wardrobe without a second thought. If someone asks how he became so vain he’ll bluntly blame Wufan. Because it’s always Wufan’s fault. How he changed. How chick flicks are now his thing, how he sighs more often than not, how his hair suddenly comes styled prettily and how moisturizer became his best friend.

Night falls and he tries not to get too nervous. He wants to rationalize that he has done this before but he can’t stop feeling a bit anxious anyway while looking at himself in the mirror. He whispers little words of encouragement to get him through when the bell rings. He breathes and grabs his wallet and keys before opening the door. If looking good was a deadly sin Wufan would be so dead by now. The tall boy is wearing white and this makes Yixing’s insides all fuzzy because it’s without a doubt his favorite color on Wufan. He’s wearing a dress shirt and it outlines Wufan’s torso all the right ways. Not to mention the pants that is doing its job just as nicely. Yixing lets out a sigh because he can’t stop staring at the other’s chest. He gets lost in thoughts until Wufan speaks.

“Don’t stare too much your eyes might fall out.” He pats the under of Yixing’s chin and this makes the latter blush madly.  The reasons behind why he likes conceited Wufan are still a wonder. “You look really pretty.” Yixing wants to slap him because he’s cheesy and he’s obviously being polite because next to him Yixing is obviously underdressed but he likes the compliments too much to make him stop. He stares a bit more until Wufan kisses him waking him up from his trance and steps outside so they’ll go down and follow to Wufan’s car. The ride is silent and to Yixing’s surprise Wufan is gripping the wheel pretty tightly with both hands missing the gesture of placing one on Yixing’s lap. He doesn’t say anything though. Maybe Wufan just forgot-- they don’t ride together that often anyway.

They go to a fancy restaurant downtown, if Yixing can tell probably fancier than the other they went to a while ago, and again it makes him swallow hard with feelings of discomfort. They go in and Wufan steps forward, just as manly as he looks, asking for a table for two. The lights are dim and the ambience is really romantic, the table cloths are white and there are small vases with red roses inside at the middle of each table complemented with an unlit candle. The space is not too big but not small enough to be able to hear the neighbor conversation. Yixing feels cold sweats as he walks to the table and embarrassment rushes through him when the waiter reaches for his chair so he’ll sit, like they usually do for ladies. He nods awkwardly and waves his hands in the air saying there’s no need for such gesture. He can hear Wufan laugh as he pulls his own chair and sits down. Yixing frowns when the waiter leaves and he sits as well. This only started and he already feels like burying his face inside a bucket of ice.

“Relax…you look uncomfortable.”

“I am. You take me to these places and I really don’t know what to do.” Yixing grabs his napkin clumsily almost dropping his fork and it’s there he realizes how nervous he is.

“Oh. You didn’t want to come? You could’ve said so.”

“No…I did.” He sighs because he can feel Wufan’s disappointment in his voice. It’s not that he minds it’s just not in his skin to be around such fanciness. “I like it, it’s cute and romantic but I’m just not used to it.” He grips his cloth hard on his lap.

“What worries you then? Just act normally people won’t judge you. It’s just a restaurant.” Yixing nods and cleans his clammy hands to the cloth and takes a look around him. People are silently eating and some are talking and he can see couples probably commemorating years of marriage. They surely don’t seem to mind whatever is happening around them so Yixing thinks Wufan is right and he shouldn’t too. He sighs for the nth time and looks at Wufan who is smiling at him. Short after the waiter comes back with the menus. Yixing’s mouth starts to water the moment he opens it. He scans the few pages and tries, out of habit, to look for the less expensive dish but he sees no prices on. He remembers then what his mother told him once, that no price tags mean it’s too luxurious. He swallows and takes a glance at Wufan.

“You know. There’s really no need for you to spend so much money on me.” He says while closing the booklet and Wufan who was entranced in his menu looks up.

“I’ve told you it’s okay. Besides I don’t mind.”

“Well…that’s because it’s not your money.” Yixing feels bad for saying this but it bothers him a bit that Wufan uses his mother’s money to pamper him. She’s obviously giving it to him so he won’t fall short. The tall male sighs and drops his menu closed aside.

“Look. She’s the one giving it to me but if it bothers you so much I can tell her not to. Only, I won’t stop taking you to expensive places because that’s something I want to give you, and if I have to use my own money than I will.” Wufan doesn’t look upset but he doesn’t look all too happy either. Yixing doesn’t really know what to respond, he feels stupid now. “I’m sorry if this makes you uncomfortable. I just thought it was nice and different and I know you like food so I wanted to make you experience other kinds of food other than those cheap noodles from the supermarket.” Yixing smiles a bit because Wufan can always manage to turn things and be cute like usual but Yixing knows best.

“Aren’t you tired of cheap supermarket noodles?” Wufan looks surprised and Yixing laughs because he’s sure to have caught him.

“Fine. So I’m starving and I can’t even stand instant food and cakes anymore but I still mean what I said. I’m doing this for you.”

“I know.” He smiles while picking up his menu again. He knows it’s true but it’s funny anyway. Although after knowing this he starts to worry about Wufan’s health. The boy can’t spend his days just eating junk food and leftover pastries. Yixing appreciates the gesture but Wufan should put his mother’s money to good use like buying better food or hiring a housekeeper or something of that kind. Someone who could cook for him so he won’t starve. He doesn’t bring it up during dinner though. The subject about money and crappy food gets cut there and Wufan proceeds to change the subject to speak about the menu and complain about work which Yixing doesn’t mind really because first he’s used to it and second he doesn’t blame Wufan for being frustrated by working during the summer. If anything Yixing joins the complaining saying they should give Wufan vacations. They order and to Yixing’s surprise the food doesn’t take as long as he thought, to arrive. After that dinner goes rather quietly because, and Yixing can tell, Wufan gets busier eating than talking.

 

 

sorry for the late and crappy update. T~T I'm strugling a bit. Hum okay so yeah that...lol they're on a date ^^ 

I'll make sure to be quicker with the next chapter. thank you so much for reading and putting up with me. i love you all TuT <3<3<3

Happy New Year my lovely unicorns ^^  ✧・゚:*✧・゚:* \(◕ω◕✿)/ *:・゚✧*:・゚✧