Dance Practice and the Forgotten Frog

Family Network

 

A/N: You guys know how conversations work, this chapter has the first text conversation which will be in a different font and color coded as well. 

 

To: Key umma-hyung :D

From: Minnie-sprout

 

ummaaaa-hyung~ where r u? It’s 4! Dance studio closes @ 8. practice hmm?

 

To: Minnie-sprout

From: Key umma-hyung :D

 

yah! I’m coming! teacher wouldn’t let me go. i didn’t follow the rules apparently igaf 

 

To: Key umma-hyung :D

From: Minnie-sprout

 

whut did u do?? and kk. i’m home, i got ur stuff

 

To: Minnie-sprout

From: Key umma-hyung :D

 

i actually created beautiful artwork, noona must’ve felt out-shined and ur the best Minnie, oh and u woke up Minho-ya right? did he eat ok? is he icing his feet/back? does he need coverup for dark circles? tell him jjong-hyung is picking him up, idk onew-hyung said it was easier. give him a kiss for meeeee ;)

 

To: Key umma-hyung :D

From: Minnie-sprout

 

kekeke. u should just teach the class, poor noona getting out-shined. answer to ur questions in order: yes yes he ate fruit/eggs, yes he is doing it right now, he knows where it is if he needs it, OMG PERFECT I’LL TELL HIM!!! :O and u can kiss the charismatic frog prince urself later

 

To: Minnie-sprout

From: Key umma-hyung :D

 

i’m pulling in come out. time to danceeee

 

Taemin excitedly ran  outside to his brother’s car. Did you tell Minho about Jjong picking him up? I don’t want him to feel like we forgot about him. Taemin totally forgot to tell Minho and ran into the house to find him on his back in the middle of the living room staring up at the ceiling. Minho hyung, what are you doing? Wait! Wait! Wait! I don’t really care! Anyway Key umma-hyung and I are going to dance practice now and so Onew hyung thinks it would be better if Jjonggie hyung came to pick you up and take you back to his apartment. This is your chance to be alone with him and start our plan off right! I am so happy you are helping me by the way. *shriek from outside* Lee Taemin! It is time to go! I wanna get my dance on! Go Minnie-ah, Key hyung is gonna lose it if you don’t. That’s perfect! I’m so excited now for him to come, just nervous. And I will always help you Minnie-ah, but you helped me more. Taemin bent down to ruffle Minho’s long hair and then skipped out of the house. Minho sighed. 

 

Back in the car, Key and Taemin were on the way to the dance studio when Key decided to interrogate his younger brother. Key wasn’t sneaky and didn’t use word play. Key likes to come right out with it and say it. Do Jjong-hyung and Minho-ah like each other? Taemin nearly choked on the water he was drinking conveniently at the moment. Taemin was angry, if Key knew and took control of the situation it would surely make Minho uncomfortable. *under his breath* Aren’t you and Onew-hyung in love with each other? *blows air upward to move a strand of hair from face* Key stopped the car abruptly and turned to Taemin. Taemin seriously thought he was going to yell at him or something but to his surprise there were tears on his face. I love him so much Taemin-ah! I love him so much okay? He is so perfect and everything I want but it is complicated because I don’t know how it will work out and if it will ruin our friendship if it doesn’t work out and..and...and... Taemin leaned over and hugged his brother. Key umma-hyung, Onew hyung is one of the greatest people we know. If you are with him it could never not work out. He loves you, I know it. He loves you so so so much. He will never let you go ever. I want my hyungs to be in love and have special people in their lives. There is no one better for you than Onew-hyung and there is no one better for Jjonggie hyung than Minho hyung. I am here to help anyone who needs help. I want everyone to be happy. Everyone kinda knows you two have a thing for each other so it could never ruin your friendship with anyone else or Onew-hyung. Your best friend is the best person to be with okay. So don’t cry and be happy and work hard for Onew-hyung. Taeminnie-ah, you are the best little brother ever. Thank you so much for allowing me to come out with my feelings about Onew-hyung. *screams at the top of lungs* MY ONEW HYUNG~!! Taemin couldn’t help but chuckle about how cute his older brother was being. Wait, but Minho and Jjong hyung? Taemin slowly shook his head as he broke away from the hug. They would make one good looking couple. Key umma-hyung~ please, please, please, don’t intervene. Minho and I have a plan and you know Minho, he doesn’t like big affairs and so help him from afar and support him and hyung but please, he needs things taken slow. He is very scared and nervous. Ok, ok Minnie-ah. I’ll try, but I am going to help. It is our brother we are talking about our hyung and our Minho! We must all work very hard to be happy. But...what about you Taeminnie-ah? Anyone special in your life? Hmm? You would tell me cause I am your favorite, right? Taemin sighed. He was now very worried about how involved Key would get. Key deserves to know, but for nervous Minho hyung and fragile Jonghyun hyung, one must be gentle, and Key doesn’t exactly have that gentle personality. He also sighed because there was no one at the moment for romance in Taemin’s life. (At one point, Taemin did have a slight, very slight crush on Minho-hyung when they were 13 and 14, but he saw how Jjong hyung cared for Minho hyung and Taemin thought they looked better together anyway. It was a tiny crush so it wasn’t hard to let go, he was just happy Minho hyung was still his best friend) Hyung, there’s no one that I like right now but I still have 2 years left in high-school so I can meet someone in that time. Enough heavy stuff, let’s dance!

 

After only 3 and 1/2 hours of dancing, Taemin and Key had created a brilliant and complex dance routine for their annual preforming arts showcase at their school. They were able to use both of their dancing strengths to complement each other and make a dance surely no one could copy or present the way they will come performance day. These dances that the two brothers put on mesmerized Minho, made Onew proud, and Jonghyun dizzy from watching them spin. The car ride to Jonghyun and Onew’s apartment was loud. Key couldn’t stop gushing about Onew hyung now that he could admit he loved him and Taemin turned the music up one notch to drown out Key, only Key had the uncanny ability to be louder than the fullest radio volume. Taemin rolled his eyes playfully. He was so happy that things were going to fall into place for Key umma-hyung and Onew hyung. But, the frog prince and the dinosaur would be a bit more difficult to figure out. Taemin loved seeing people in love, it made him feel fuzzy and warm inside. One day (please, please be soon) Taemin knew he would find someone to love. 

 

Directions that Jonghyun scribbled on a sticky note for Key on how to cut through the side streets and dodge traffic were difficult to read. There was a concert a few blocks away so Key decided to park in the parking garage about a block away from the apartment building. It was a nice warm night, perfect for a lively celebration. Key and Taemin were at the door to the apartment and it suddenly opened so fast it banged the other side of the wall. Out ran Jonghyun as fast as his short legs could take him. Sorry umma, the diva of all other divas and Taeminnie! Ahh~!! Onew then came to the door looking very handsome in his casual blazer, jeans, and boots. As Taemin was asking Onew why Jonghyun ran away, Onew grabbed Key’s wrist and pulled him into the apartment. Key blushed...more than usual considering he just finally figured out his true feelings for the amazing Onew hyung. So...um...hyung, why did the dinosaur run out? *still gripping Key’s wrist* Well...um...I was finishing up my work and then took  shower, *blushing some more* and he was asleep and lost track of time...and sort of forgot to pick Minho up. He remembered about 5 minutes ago and almost left the house in his boxers. I will never know why I agreed to live with him. Kekeke. What? That stupid dinosaur! We can’t forget Minho of all people!! What is he ing thinking?! Key just realized that yelling about his idiot older brother, Onew had interlaced their fingers to calm Key down. Key looked down, blushed again, looked at Onew’s beautiful face and Onew then tuned a healthy shade of pink as well. Both were lost for words. Taemin was lost for words too and hoped that Jonghyun hyung and Minho hyung would come through the door soon to break the obvious awkwardness. Not even Taemin’s bubbly personality could break down this complex wall of buried feelings both of his hyungs built up. 

A/N: Omygod so with each chapter the characters become more and more fun to write about. This chapter made me grin like an idiot while I was writing it. Thanks so much for suscribing and or reading my story!