A While Later

Family Network

OoOoOoOoOnewww! Wake up!

Key kissed the small part of Onew's head that was sticking out of his cacoon of covers. 

 

hdsjkfsdkjhflksd hhmmmmmm....

Baby, do you want to go eat something? 

...

Key chuckled at his boyfriend of five years. Key was extremely busy with collaborations and designing clothes for shows and videos, however, if Onew, who didn't work at all on Sundays, was up to it, they liked to get breakfast together before Key headed off, really only a few blocks down, to his studio he worked at on the weekends so he could be closer to his love. Onew, who started out as a business student and intern, made his way up the ranks from coffee runs, and was now apart of the conceptual design department of the very SMEnt. Onew loved every minute of it, but because he was very tired, Key often forced him to stay at home and do nothing on Sundays. 

Hey, you seem really sleepy, eh. I'll go to work and then come home for a bit with food later, okay? Sleep well! 

Saranghe~

Key cuddled into Onew's embrace, but if he didn't leave right now, he would never want to leave the special hug his boyfriend always gave. Key kissed the top of his head and headed out with binders in hand, bag over his shoulder, wearing his signiture "King Ki Bum" citrus scent. He was more than ready to take on this sunday. 

As Key arrived at the transparent double glass doors to his studio, he saw a pair of familiar long legs sticking out, that could only belong to one person. Key smiled because it had been quite a while since they last saw each other. 

Key walked over to the body that the legs belonged to. 

Tch. Always sleeping still. Keke. 

Key bent down and embraced the sleepy Minho, making him wake up, surprisingly quickly. Maybe because they weren't teenagers anymore, Minho had an easier time getting up, but really it was because he was super excited to see Key. 

Key!!!~ 

Min!!!!! Why are you so sleepy? Did you not sleep on the plane ride? 

Minho yawned, streched his arms, and then stood up, greatly surprising Key. 

Yah! Did you grow even taller now? What are you, like 184cm?! 

About that tall I think keke. I didn't realize the plane ride from New York to Korea was so long! 

Hmm yeah. It is super long, but you had the dino to entertain you, right? 

No! Our tickets were moved around so we weren't sitting near each other. I just went through my photos and studied and slept. 

Wow that sounds boring. Learn anything new in those history studies or film or photography? Oh! And I hear your photography is very impressive. You need to take pictures for me one day, you might be the only one on the set that will listen to me unlike some OTHER people. 

I would love to! But...did what did Taemin do wrong? He didn't take photos did he? 

Ani! I would never let that kid touch any equipment. He would lose it all! As a sophomore in college, he really shouln't be totally overly busy, so I asked him to get coffee for me, pick up food for Onew, stuff like that, but he always made excuses. Kai, school, dance practice, working at the salon...etc. 

*sarcastically* Ooh he's evil! 

Whatever. So, were you and hyung joined at the hip in NYC? Or was he too busy? 

Ani! He made plenty of time for me. We had a lot of fun! 

Key smiled. He was relieved that Jonghyun wasn't as forgetful anymore. Being with Minho for five years really changed Jonghyun from being clueless to being very observant and in the loop when it came to other's feelings, especially Minho's. They were a very cute couple. Minho was hired by new up and coming entertainment companies as a photographer or filmographer. Minho also worked as an assistant to the history professor and would sub when the teacher could not come in. He was quite popular in the class because he was interesting, funny, and young. 

At the same time Key was catching up with Minho after not having seen him for seven months, Jonghyun was actually gracing SMEnt, same as Onew, as a special guest vocal coach for up and coming trainees. Jonghyun, who was extremely successful, and after becoming quite the popular singer-songwriter, he began producing music the way he wanted to, through collaborations. This actually got him to the point where he would be starting up his own record label. This was about to be Jonghyun's first time teaching trainees rather than just music students, so he knew that he would be taking part in the molding of new future performers. He took this very seriously and had a presentation prepared as well. 

Sitting in front of him, were tables neatly lined up, filled with hopeful trainees who had made the cut to work with Jonghyun. He set up his computer, and then addressed the students. 

Hello eveyone! I'm...

Wait! Teacher! Are you Kim Jonghyun?! 

Jonghyun smiled back at the excited students. 

Yes, that's me! I was asked here to train you in all aspects of your singing performance. Pitch, breathing, stage presence, performance, timing, emotion, everything. However, before you begin learning from me as I hope to learn from you need to learn the basics. The basic of the basic, before vocal technique. You need to learn determination and resilience. How to bounce back, and bouncing back at a greater force. This is how you become an artist. Not how pretty you may be, or how much money you may have to bribe people with, or whatever, it is your work ethic and your ability to move on that will get you somewhere. 

Jonghyun proceeded to tell the story of determination by using Key as an example. He explained how Key was targeted by bullies, his exes, the principle, but never showed any sign of weekness except at home. He explained how Key went on to bigger and better things despite his troubles because he had the support of his family and because of his diva attitude, meaning that even though Key talked a good game about himself, he actually was truly good at what he claimed to be good at. Jonghyun yeah, fought a lot with Key. Who wouldn't fight a lot with Key? But...Jonghyun had total respect for him. 

After his presentation, Jonghyun got immense applause and cheering. However, the cheering was only coming from one person. In the corner, was a now wide awake Onew, going against Key's orders to stay away from work on his day off, making loud noises to cheer on Jonghyun. 

YOU KILLED IT TEACHER KIM AWWW YEAH! 

Now do you see students? This guy, is showing how NOT to act around your teacher. Keke. 

Onew patted Jonghyun on the shoulder and addressed the trainees laughing along with them.

This dinosaur is my best friend. Take care of him, neh? 

The students responded enthusiastically and exited the room talking about how awesome Jonghyun was. 

A few more blocks away from the entertainment building, was the hair salon that Minho, Taemin, and Kai all graced with their presence. Next to it, used to be an old flower shop that closed down, but was replaced by a dance studio. Both of these establishments were the domains of Taemin and Kai. The couple danced every day at the studio and they still worked at the hair salon. Minho and Key, wanting to visit with the two younger boys. They first popped into the dance studio and were almost attacked with questions and hugs and ooh's and ahh's. Sunny had to more or less fight off the fans from attacking Minho and Key any further. They managed to escape and watched Taemin and Kai do probably the coolest dance routine every choreographed ever. 

The two older boys found it hilarious that instead of kissing or even hugging after they were done, they did an elaborate handshake that they had created years and years ago. It was adorable. 

HYUNGS!!! HI KEY UMMA! CHOI MINHO. MINHO HYUNG WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?!

After being attacked by Taemin and bro-hugging Kai, Minho suggested that they go to meet Jonghyun and Onew for a meal. 

Minho sat next to Jonghyun who sat next to Kai. Taemin was in the corner, diagonal from Kai, pouting because Onkey and Jongho got to sit next to each other. Taekai is 1000x better.

They conversed about work, their trips, their parents, how Minho and Kai obviously have an athletic bromance thing going on. 

26 year-old protective leader, boyfriend of Key, Lee Jinki, 23 year-old caring diva, boyfriend of Onew, Kim Ki Bum, 23 year-old athletic, observant, boyfriend of Jonghyun, Choi Minho, 24 year-old hyperactive singer, boyfriend of Minho, Kim Jonghyun, 21 year-old loving, meddling cupid, boyfriend of Kai, Lee Taemin, and 20 year-old Kim Jongin, the new guy in the family, boyfriend of Taemin. 

Call it fate or whatever, but it was obvious that two families were absolutely meant to meet and bond.

 A network is an arrangement of intersecting lines lives. 

            

A/N: Thank you for everything. My first completed story, more subscribers that I had ever even imagined, helpful, encouraging comments. Apologies if anything I wrote was not was exactly what eveyone wanted, but I wrote from the heart. This has been an amazing 5 months of writing Family Network. I hope that you might come back to this story and read it if your int the mood for a family story. Infinite thank you's. I can't believe I am ending it but it means the world that people read this. Love you all. :D