Bros in Tokyo

Family Network

A/N: I love Jonghyun and Key so I needed to write some bonus chapters about their experiences abroad. Hope you enjoy! 

The first semester of Jonghyun and Key’s study abroad program was in Japan. There Key shopped the streets Tokyo (to get his fly kicks) almost every night and talked with a lot of young and upcoming Japanese designers. Key also was invited to events and showcases and was able to present some of his designs, which were nicely received. Key wanted to break the mold of what he called “Asian” clothing. He thought that people needed to see a broader spectrum of fashion other than Hello Kitty. He presented the video of he and the dance team’s winter and spring performances, seeing as how he completely designed and collected pieces from head to toe for the outfits. Key impressed many of the designers with his Japanese, social skills, and raw talent. Jonghyun was also learning a lot and getting a ton of experience. From marketing to image to stage to music videos to appealing to markets abroad as a singer-songwriter, Jonghyun learned the works. Music was his passion, so no matter how exhausting it was, he loved every minute of it. He and Key had a ton of fun together. They had never truly hung out this much with each other since they were really little, and without the other three, so it was just another awesome experience to add to the list. 

 

 

The two, instead of renting simple flats, actually were occupying quite the apartment. Believe it or not, both Key and Jonghyun saved money, sacrificing themselves from buying clothing, musical equipment, and nice things for their boyfriends. They knew it would be worth it, especially when they went to America. The apartment had two rooms but unfortunately only one bathroom, which Jonghyun didn’t seem to mind, because it was always spotless when he came home, but it was Key who was the one cleaning it, not standing for Jonghyun’s messy habits. 

 

After spending a long night out, Jonghyun once again found the bathroom completely spotless, laundry drying, and dinner on the table. 

 

Whaaa! Key!!! You’re the best roommate evarrr! Shabu shabu? You’re an angel!

 

Jonghyun enveloped his younger, ill tempered, taller brother in a classic Jonghyun back hug. 

 

Y..yah! Hyung! You’re going to mess up my hair and make my clothes smell like you! Offended Jonghyun was offended. I smell really good Key! Yeah but you smell like you now! I have a signature scent that enchants people, I can’t just go walking everywhere having people thinking, “Oh here comes dinosaur Jonghyun.” People need to say, “OMO IT’S KING KI BUM!” This way they’ll know if I like them to be nice to me or if I don’t, to run and hide. My strawberry citrus scent is what people notice first. You’re ridiculous. How Onew hyung doesn’t want to rip off your head beats me. He’s a perfect all-around person and you are a grump all the damn time and don’t like to have fun! How Minho puts up with YOU, I will never know. Yah! I am the perfect gentleman, as a matter of fact. Wait till you two move in together. Minho might be a footballer, but he’s very neat and clean. How do you know so much about him? More than me? Because we’re the same age so we bond. Jealous? Yah! Well yeah! You know everything! I’m the ing Almighty Key! Please tell me some other stuff about Min. I need to know these things so I can take care of him. Fine. But you are treating me to dinner tomorrow night then and you have to tell me more things about Onew hyung! 

 

 

Okay! What food does he hate? 

Minho doesn’t like strawberries because he used to think they were bugs and still can’t get over that. 

 

What clothes does he like? 

His feet are a size smaller than mine and although he won’t admit it, he goes crazy for new shoes. His favorite accessory is a scarf. He likes decorative ones but also buys them at football games. 

 

Does he drink? 

Yeah but he’s responsible. 

Unlike you? 

Shut up! 

 

What food does he eat most often? 

He eats meat the most, but also loves ramen, but real ramen, not packaged ramen. 

I knew that already though! I know he loves ramen! 

You asked me you idiot! You know his favorite color is blue and his favorite number is 10? And he admires the footballer Park Ji Sung? 

Yeah I knew that! I feel like people know that from looking at Minho. 

 

Um...does Minho wear glasses? 

He has glasses but doesn't really wear them. 

 

Oh. Um...what is Minho’s favorite season? 

Fall. He loves it the most because the football season is at its peak. 

 

Does he go to bed late? 

He often goes to bed pretty late, around 2am, but can sleep for years. 

 

I know! I slept with him for two days! 

Bwo?! That long eh? 

I mean like only sleeping, just sleeping! 

 

Key knew what he meant but it was too funny not to make fun of him for it. 

 

Did Minho have any other crushes on people? 

I actually have no idea, but I know Tae used to like him way back when. 

 

Bwo?! Are you serious? Can you imagine them together though? 

Peace love 2min! 

YOU HAVE A COUPLE NAME FOR THEM?! 

Don’t worry, everyone knows it’s Jongho forever. 

That’s our couple name?! *blush* 

Yeah. 

Do you and Onew hyung have one? 

Well keke funny story, we were watching TV on his couch and Hye Min Noona came in, squealed and began to scream about how she shipped Onkey hard, and I figured that was our couple name.  

Whaaa! Onkey? That’s adorable! And Hye Min...noona? 

Their umma wants to sound younger. 

Oh yeah. She’s such a fan girl. Now tell me more! 

 

Key wanted to hear about Onew now, so he tried to think of some quick things about Minho to get Jonghyun off his back. 

 

He secretly wishes that he could be more like Onew hyung, secretly likes the nickname, “frog prince”, and he screamed like a small child when he found out Sulli and Joon began going out. He also can braid really well and a lot of girls came up to him and asked him to braid their hair rather than confessing to him. 

Whaaaaa! He’s sooooo cute!!! My Minho!!!! 

Tell me about Onew hyung now! 

Aish! You didn’t even give me a moment to think about my boyfriend! Hyung’s favorite type of chicken is that chicken our umma makes believe it or not. Onew can grill meat like a master but is always worried that people won’t like it so he only has made it for me and Taemin. He is a very neat person and would yell at me if I left my socks on the floor. 

 

As he should! 

 

Shut up! I’m not done! 

Aish! Go ahead then! 

 

He told me he wishes you would call him Jinki instead of Onew. He really likes wearing half pants now a days and wishes he could be more stylish. He also...

 

You sure you don’t wanna date him? You know way too much about him. 

Yah! Key! Don’t even joke! Taemin would roll himself into a volcano if he heard that!

 

 

Back in Korea, Taemin was off in his own little world with Kai and busy with work at the salon that Minho used to work. Taemin loved the attention and Kai loved working right next to his boyfriend. Only thing was Taemin couldn’t braid as well as Minho which made him jealous at first, but then remember how truly embarrassing it was for Minho to know how to fishtail braid like a 13 year old girl. 

 

Minho was a little lost, but was so happy that his hyungs were having such a good time. He skyped with them a lot, but it was always when Onew couldn’t. It wasn’t any of their faults but Onew was the busiest of them all, so he didn’t have time to see Key’s beautiful face and every time he was free to skype, for some reason, it would only be a hyperactive Jonghyun showing off his Japanese skills to Minho or telling Taemin that he highly recommended a movie he had just seen. 

 

Key and Onew texted of course, but it truly wasn’t the same. 

 

A half a year passed like this and the boys were headed to their half a semester in LA. 

Fun was fun and all, but every night, the boys laid in their rooms wishing their boyfriends were there with them. 

 

 

A/N: Sometimes thinking about their personalities, I feel like Jonghyun and Key would definitely disturb the peace when they all travel. Hope you enjoyed! :D