Onew's Choice. Minho's Reality.

Family Network

 

A/N: Double update. Parallel chapter. Things will intersect. ENJOY

 

YES. Onew woke up the next day. Nervous and excited. He put on some of Minho’s clothes from the laundry basket in the hallway and got his stuff together. Onew grabbed his wallet. He needed money for flowers. Today was the day. 

 

YES. Minho woke up the next day. Nervous and exhausted. He put rifled through a basket of lounge clothes and tripped over his school work he left in the hallway. Minho grabbed his confession cheat sheet. He needed all the luck he could get. Today was the day. 

 

Both walked downstairs and met at the kitchen table for a quick breakfast before Minho had to drive Onew to classes. Their dad cooked some lovely hardboiled eggs and perfect steamed rice. Onew grabbed coffee for the both of them. He had decaf. He gave Minho the regular. 

 

Both headed to the car. Minho got in the drivers seat and let Onew put on some bubbly music even though he was not a morning person. 

 

Onew was meeting Key at lunch time. 

 

Minho was going to the hospital to visit Jonghyun around the same time. 

 

Minho dropped off the nervous Onew at his college and Minho went home to get ready. 

 

Onew was in his world history lecture lazily scribbling down notes,  too distracted to pay attention 100%. 

 

Minho was taking a shower, dazed, trying to wake himself up. 

 

It was almost time to meet with Key. Onew went to a corner flower shop to buy some tiger lilies. 

 

Minho, with Jonghyun’s favorite cookies and his confession drove to the hospital. 

 

Onew walked to the park, seeing Key with food, on his back sleeping in the sunlight. It was a beautiful sight. Key was wearing sunglasses and brought a pillow to lay his head on. What a diva. Key was wearing his couple shirt. So was Onew. Onew set the tiger lilies next to the lunch boxes and woke the sleeping Key by smoothing his soft blonde hair, which was curly today. Seemed to match the mood of the sunshiny day. Key woke up, sort of startled, and suddenly wrapped Onew in a tight hug. 

 

I’m glad you came hyung! It’s such a nice day, I would be evil if I didn’t come out with you. 

 

They talked. They laughed. They released their stresses, expressed their concerns. 

 

Um...Key...I have something to tell you. Is this really happening? He looks so handsome and perfect and beautiful...Is he going to confess to me? We kissed, he basically already did, but is this going to be the official confession? Are those...are those tiger lilies over there? Am I...Is this....am I that lucky?! 

 

@The same time all of this was going on

 

Minho entered the hospital lobby, heading to the elevator. He rode up to Jonghyun’s floor and asked the lady at the desk where Jonghyun’s room was. 

 

The walk to the room seemed to take hours. Ages. Miles. 

 

His footsteps even seemed distant, his world blurry, he felt dizzy, adrenaline pumping. He was about to tell his love that he wanted to be with him forever. Was this really happening? 

 

Will he say yes? Does he seriously love me? That kiss with that girl meant nothing right? 

 

Minho reached the door. Room 408. He heard soft crying from the other side. Is hyung hurt? Do I go in? Do I do this? Do I do it now? Taemin said he has confidence in me. Onew has confidence in me. Key has confidence in me. Joon knows I can do it. Sulli said so herself as well. I’m doing it! I’m doing i...it....

 

Inside the room, the room with light streaming in, hitting Jonghyun’s hair just right, making his teeth shine brighter, his face look even more gorgeous, making the pink flowers in the room even pinker, there was Jonghyun looking beautiful as ever, with sad, sweet, concerned eyes, looking at....

 

At. That. Girl. That girl again...crying...holding onto his hospital gown. 


There Jonghyun was comforting that girl...that stole kisses away from Jonghyun, that cleaned his wound...that girl that made Minho the saddest and angriest he’s ever been. That girl...was crying...softly...making Jonghyun look concerned and sweet and beautiful...but for her eyes. Not his. Jonghyun was looking lovingly at her. Not him. 

 

Jonghyun looked up in a flash, seeing the door open.

Minho ran. Minho ran so damn fast. But this time, Jonghyun could not catch up. He was trapped. By machines. By Victoria. 

 

Minho, through sobs and sniffles called Key as Onew was about to confess. 

 

Hello? Minho? Minho ah! 

 

*cracking voice* He...with her....Key please....

 

Come to the park I told you about...you shouldn’t be too far away...Onew hyung and I are here. I’m sorry...come Min. 

 

Key hung up, wanting to cry. Onew held his hand. 

 

What’s wrong Key?! Is it Minho?! 

 

Yeah...he...Jonghyun...Minho is hysterical. Whatever you were going to say....can...I’m sorry...Minho is coming here...can it wait? 

 

Of course! Of course! 

 

They waited a few moments in worried silence. Not knowing what to say. Then Key gave up. 

 

Ah! Screw this! You know what Lee Jinki? Key let go of Onew’s hand, grabbed the tiger lilies and sat right in front of Onew, tilting his chin up to look at him straight in the eye. I love you. We’re beautiful together. I’m always happy when I’m with you. I will take care of you forever. I love you. Okay? Key...I.... Key then grabbed the back of Onew’s head and kissed him sweetly, tearing up. I am so happy I can call you my boyfriend now...yeobo. I love you. Saranghe Kim Kibum. Onew wrapped his new boyfriend in a sweet hug...not saying anything...but saying absolutely everything. They were together. They would do anything for each other. It was bittersweet at the moment though. 

 

They just sat there though after that...holding hands, fingers intertwined....waiting for their damaged younger brother and best friend to come and tell them what happened. 

 

A/N: O-N-K-E-Y!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hate doing this to Minho. Gosh...I knew from the beginning that Jongho would be the more troubled of the couples but it still  makes me saaad. I feel like the more emotion I try to put in the story the more incoherent it gets, but I guess that's my writing style. I am not great at describing feelings so I hope the writing style conveys the emotions of everyone. Thanks so much if you are subscribing or reading or thinking about reading or skimming or even viewing. Just a glance means a lot so thank you!