Taemin is Sure of It

Family Network

 

A/N: I hate, hate, hate quotation marks, so when conversations come up, they will be color coated. Normal conversations will be in regular text and texting conversations will be in a different font and thoughts will be italicized. Minho is orange, Taemin is yellow and Key is pink(Onew and Jonghyun’s colors are the same) Also, there is a diary entry that will be in different font. (For future reference too) 

Taemin woke up that morning around 11 am. He changed into comfortable lounge clothes because he had nothing to do. Saturdays were pretty boring for Taemin if his brothers or hyungs were busy in the case of Onew, Jonghyun, and Key, or sleeping still in the case of Minho. Taemin wandered over to the living room couch while drinking a carton of banana milk. His parents and Minho and Onew’s parents were gone for the weekend and a few days into the week because the two dads, who were now partners for their medical practice had a lecture to go and had taken their wives so they could vacation as well. They would be back on Wednesday. Taemin tried to think about where everyone was and wanted to see if anyone else’s schedules could fit him in. Onew hyung and Jonghyun hyung were moving into their new apartment that day and had to spend the day getting last minute things. (Jjong hyung could spend hours in Crate and Barrel, so they wouldn’t be home for a while) Key umma-hyung  had art class and wouldn’t be able to see Taemin until their dance practice at 6 before they all went over to their hyungs’ new apartment for a fun night. Hm...ah! Minho!!! He was just sleeping in Key umma-hyungs room because Key had fallen asleep in the study room and Minho forgot his keys to his house and was too tired and lazy to call Onew hyung to open the door last night. Taemin knew he didn’t have practice today because of their late night last minute practice was scheduled. (This was to scare the new freshmen on the team, Minho, being a junior thought this was entertaining to watch the freshmen squirm at 1 am while senior football captain Lee Joon screamed at them) Taemin decided to be a good person and let him sleep for another hour and then would wake him up. 

He walked into his room that he once shared with Jjongie hyung. (Key umma-hyung ended up being the one who wanted to have more freedom so he took the bedroom downstairs, and boy did he go to town on decorating it his own way) He sighed, he’s really going to miss sharing a room with him and talking about how annoying Key umma-hyung was sometimes. Then, something caught his attention. There was a box underneath Jjongie hyung’s bed. It was a green shoebox with his hyung’s initials on it and a sparkly trim around the edges of it. Taemin chuckled. He remembered: (flashback yay!) about 3-ish years ago, Jjongie hyung excitedly brought in his new found shoebox saying that Minho gave it to him because he had just bought a new pair of football cleats and didn’t need the box anymore. He remembered how Key umma-hyung shrieked about how ugly the box was and how it didn’t match anything in the room. Jjongie hyung scolded Key umma-hyung for being so annoying when Key snatched the box, ran into his room and locked the door. He came back 10 minutes later with the box, having hot glued the sparkly trim to the box. Jonghyun frowned down at the box. Key-ah! Why is my box bedazzled?! C’mon, it looks cute now and we all know you have been needing a box for your *teasing tone* DIARY~ and song book, so I tried to make it special looking! *offended huff* Jonghyun blushed and snatched the box back from his brother.  It was a box MINHO gave to me and now all I am going to think about is stupid Kibum and his damn sparkles when I am writing songs or in my diary. And there is nothing wrong with having a diary! When I told MINHO, HE didn’t think it was stupid!! Taemin had been laughing on the floor the whole time, but had seen his hyung’s look of sadness. It didn’t go unnoticed how excited Jonghyun was about not only the new box he was able to use, but more so WHO he received the box from. At that moment, Taemin sort of got a feeling about his brother’s feelings for the frog prince. He didn’t know if anyone else knew, so he had been keeping his suspicions a secret...from everyone..except Onew hyung of course. 

 

Taemin, back in reality, picked up the box and opened it, seeing what he needed to return to his hyung tonight at the party. In it, was to his surprise, was his hyung’s diary and song book. How could he forget this? He uses them like everyday! Taemin’s adrenaline was pumping. He needed to see if there was anything about his hyung liking Minho. He was super tempted to take out his invisible magnifying glass and go all Sherlock Holmes on the box. Even though he knew it was wrong. ...But his hyung needed a boyfriend and Taemin thought Minho would make such a good one. Jjongie hyung loved to protect people and so did Minho so it was perfect. They didn’t exactly go together perfectly like he thought Onew hyung and Key umma hyung did, but their relationship would be sweet and special and would last forever, he was sure. He slowly opened up the diary and what he found brought tears to his eyes: 

Dear Notebook-sunbaenim,

Me and hyung had a talk yesterday and today while we move into the apartment, I am gonna figure out how to bring Kibum and hyungs relationship out into the open. They love each other so so so much. Onew will never be happy and neither will Kibum. I need to help them. More news sunbaenim! Onew is gonna help me get to my Minho jagiya! I have known him for years and every moment, he seems to glow more and more. He works harder than anyone I have seen and is just perfectly handsome and utterly adorable. I am saying...I LOVE CHOI MINHO AND I NEED HIM IN MY LIFE FOREVER AND ALWAYS! It’s not even cheesy saying that at all. I want to take care of him and hold him and make him laugh and I want to make him food before practice and bake for him! I am so jealous when Kibum and him hang out and stuff. Minho should come to me more often and Kibum needs to go to hyung. He is under stress in high-school and his competitiveness sometimes scares me. He needs to have fun and be stupidly in love. He needs to be looser and laugh more, that omygosh not even kidding, gorgeous laugh he has. He needs to...I need him. And I am gonna take responsibility of him. I am going to be a perfect gentleman and never rush him or hurt him. I am never going to be like people I have dated in the past. If I hurt him I deserve to die. Sunbaenim pray for Minho and let him be happy forever. I LOVE HIM! Let our plan work and let Minho forever be my best friend and love. 


P.s. I am suspicious about Taemin-ah, do you think he knows everything? You never know about that airhead.
Bye Bye Sunbaenim, Jjong thanks you! 

He was crying, no sobbing. That is all Taemin needed! (Even though he felt a little offended at the airhead comment) He needed for his hyungs to be happy! He didn’t care about school, eating, anything at this moment. His hyungs are first and always will be. They need happy lovely sunny lives! He wants to see his hyungs blush when they hold hands with their loves, he wants to see his hyungs laugh together, and he never wants to see them cry over each other again because they WILL have who they want and need. Taemin will make it happen. It all starts at their get together after dance practice. But, he needs to at least tell one of them to help or something. He can’t do this on his own! Who will he ask? 

Then Taemin knew who he would ask. Minho. He would help him with Key umma-hyung and Onew hyung and at the same time push him towards the dino who would be waiting with arms wide open. Minho wouldn’t get mad with this plan at all, but would actually pretend he didn’t know that Taemin was planning on getting him and Jjong-hyung together. Minho was super observant but not a loud mouth, this was perfect. Taemin didn’t even notice that he had been thinking for 2 hours, 1 hour later than he said he would wake the froggy up. He packed up the box and put it back under the bed, texted himself to remember to take it with him to dance practice and mentally prepared himself to wake up sleeping Minho while trying not to sob still. But, Minho was already awake. He was sitting against Key umma-hyung’s bedroom door with his hand over his mouth and a tear falling on his cheek. Taemin had just read the diary entry out loud and probably didn’t even know it. Minho had heard it because he sleepily was going to get water. He heard the whole entry accompanied by Taemin’s racking cries. Minho could not believe it. Jonghyun-hyung loved him, truly loved him and everything he was and wanted him forever. This changed everything. Taemin just changed everything. Minho wanted to be with Jonghyun so badly and would try his best to make his hyung happy. He would try hard to be more outgoing and less distant and he decided he would do anything for Jonghyun-hyung. Anything and everything. Minho was suddenly broken away from his thoughts when the door slightly opened, softly hitting his back. He knew who it was and quickly jumped up, opened the door so fast it hit the wall and consumed Taemin in a tight hug. Taemin gasped with surprise and then began to relax as Minho-hyung his hair. Taemin felt tears on his neck. Minho’s tears, tears from the boy who hardly ever cried. *quiet but rushed, sincere tone, in characteristic deep voice* Taemin, Taemin-ah, I heard everything. I heard you crying. I love him Minnie, I love him so much. I want to help you with Onew hyung and Key hyung and I want to be with Jjong-hyung so badly, Minnie. You changed everything, you changed everything, Taemin-ah, thank you so much. Don’t cry, don’t cry, everything will be alright. Will you help me? I need you. We all need you.Taemin was now crying against Minho and Minho had tears streaming as well. They were in a tight hug. Taemin could not believe what he was hearing and was so overjoyed, he just squeezed Minho hyung tighter. Never had Minho truly told Taemin something no one else knew, never had he cried in front of him (With the exception of when they were really young) Minho reached up and kissed Taemin’s forehead. Taemin then took Minho’s face in his hands and looked seriously into his enormous wet eyes. Minho hyung, we start tonight. Everything is changing for the better, I’m sure of it .

A/N: I literally love this chapter so much, I don't even know if its well written but I had so much feeling go into it. Taemin is really fun to write about, especially his thoughts. Thanks so much for all my suscribers! Hope you stick with me and hope this quick update keeps you interested. :D Oh god I love the chemistry all of them have with one another.