Progress Report: Minho and Taemin

Family Network

 

A/N: Hello! How is everyone’s first few days of 2013 going? Here is another update. I think even though I love all my characters, that Jonghyun and Taemin are the most fun to write. It is super fun to write incoherent rants and word vomit that comes from Jonghyun and Taemin, the adorable little trouble maker cupid is a blast. Anyway, this chapter is also taking place on the day after their truth or dare sleepover. (It is friday, now.) Heads up, drama will begin to pick up. Family Network is not all sunshine and ice cream clouds! This is a loooong chapter for you because the last one is so short and also...I want to input more Jongho into it! Enjoy obsessive Key in a whole new light! :D 

 

When Jonghyun and Onew arrived at their parking spot in the garage, Onew headed over to the driver’s side of the “bat mobile”. Jonghyun insisted that his way was much faster back to the house. Onew said he should just drive because Jonghyun was a reckless driver and could take them over a cliff in his excitement over Minho. This argument went on for a good while. After all the arguing, Jonghyun drove them out of the garage and up to the stand where they had to pay their monthly fee for using the garage. Jonghyun reached for his bank card so he could pay, but realized it wasn’t in his wallet. Onew thought Jonghyun had his bank card with him so Onew left his in the apartment as well. The older woman who was obviously not in good spirits reprimanded them for being irresponsible and acting like children. It took about 15 minutes of Jonghyun sweet talking the woman into letting them go.

 

While the two flustered and impatient older boys were traveling back to the house, Key woke up finding himself in the covers of Onew’s bed. He kept replaying the scene of him and Onew in the kitchen. Key tended to his hand, Onew fell asleep, Key kissed him, Onew kissed him back, Onew hugged him, and Onew carried him up to his room. 

 

Key could not believe what had happened. Back a few days ago when both families went for dinner and Key had to get his stupid hyung medicine and found Onew in the same store looking for a suitable ice cream for Taemin, Key realized that Jonghyun wasn’t sick at all when Onew asked Key why he wouldn’t let Taemin have any ice cream. Key never said anything to Tae about ice cream so he figured the stupid dino, Taemin, and probably Minho and Onew’s mother were trying to get them to meet there. Anyway, he was so sure something romantic would happen, but a girl from Onew’s college class walked in and began talking to him. Onew, being polite had a friendly conversation with Sooyoung. She was pretty and seemed sweet, but if Key got jealous when Taemin went to hang out in Minho’s shed instead of going to the mall with him, then you could only imagine how Key’s blood boiled seeing his love talking so sweetly to Sooyoung. While Onew was conversing, Key stormed to the counter, threw the damn medicine in front of the cashier, who turned out to be his project partner in Japanese class, Mir, brushed off Mir’s concerned questions acting as though nothing was bothering him, smiled at Mir and suggested that they get an extension on their Japanese culture project, apologized for being in such a hurry, threw some money at Mir for the medicine, and ran back to the restaurant, leaving Onew super confused and sad. Onew thought Key was mad at him and didn’t know why and it irritated him that he and Key had not gone to Key’s closet to talk about much of anything so this was why Onew tried to get Key to leave him alone after cutting his hand. (While Onew lost all his sadness and anger when Key kissed him and fell asleep in his arms on the kitchen floor, Key was a mess still) 

 

At the thought of their lack of anything happening at the convenience store combined with the bliss of what happened last night, Key was angry and blushing hard at the same time when a sleepy Minho bursted through the door, interrupting his thoughts. Onew hyung! Do you know where Taemin might be? Key thought it was funny how tired Minho must be to think that he was Onew. In his best Onew impression Key decided to play along to get some information out of Minho, who lately wasn’t telling him anything about anything even though Key knew what was going on. Ahem. Oh...ah...Min..ho-ah...Tae...um...not sure where he may be. Key then to add effect, got up and pretended to trip behind the bed. Aish. Minho laughed and rolled his eyes. Diva, I may be tired but I’m not an idiot. You sound nothing like Onew hyung. Aish! Whatever Minho! I have no idea where anyone is right now! Go find Tae yourself! Key wasn’t happy for a few reasons. He was worried that Onew abandoned him, mad at Minho that he wouldn’t tell him anything, and even more mad that Taemin was the one that Minho was looking for because he was just a baby. In Key’s rage, Minho quietly tiptoed out of the room to find Taemin.  

 

Key was angry and jealous that the two boys were in on the whole thing as well but didn’t want to include him at this time. Key decided to get out of the bed and follow Minho down to the basement without him knowing. When Minho arrived down in the cold basement, Taemin was still in the same position Jonghyun found him in earlier, passed out among many banana milk cartons. Minho chuckled at how cute he looked but he really needed to tell him what at least he remembered happened between him and Jonghyun. He didn’t want to tell Key because he seriously didn’t need yelling and celebrating right now. He just needed quiet, to sort out his thoughts because he was thinking about confessing to Jonghyun himself before it was too late. Jonghyun was popular and handsome and probably had many other people he could be with. Key was trolling creepily behind the staircase as Minho began to tickle Taemin’s feet, which was a first because usually it was Taemin tormenting Minho. Taemin stirred and was surprised that it was his Minho hyung and not his Onew hyung waking him up. Taemin wrapped Minho in an adorable hug and just held on while Minho stood up to his full height like a koala. Minho ruffled his hair while he set Taemin down on the couch. *in cute sleepy voice* Good morning sunshine Minho. Why am I awake? Taemin-ah, I have a lot to tell you so I thought we could spend the day together. Do you mind? Key rolled his eyes. How dare they not ask the Almighty Key. Taemin on the other hand was overjoyed. Yay! Minho hyung that would be awesome! Let’s burn the town down! Taemin was flailing his limbs over his head in excitement while Minho tried to tell Taemin that he wanted a low key kind of day. It was a rare occasion for Minho not to be busy or tired and he felt really important. And if it was about what Taemin thought it was about then he was over the moon seeing as how he was determined to help everyone be together, even though he was super confused himself about a certain dark haired dancer...

 

Anyway, after Minho explained that he wanted to get out of the house, Taemin suggested that they go to their favorite ramen shop. Minho agreed seeing as how he also needed to pick up his check from the salon which was a block away from the ramen shop. Then they decided they wanted to go hang out in the shed away from all the noise of their parents cooking, cleaning, and talking, figuring Onew would be doing school work, Jonghyun would be singing or doing something stupid somewhere, and Key would be shopping or cooking, or baking, or complaining about something. Key heard all this and ran up the stairs as quietly as he could, went next door, changed into really low key casual clothes and a hat to cover his blonde hair, and plain sunglasses so he could easily follow the two younger boys. 

 

 

Taemin ran home real quick to change, while Key was leaning on the counter trying to look casual. Taemin in his excitement didn’t even look at Key and ran out of the house and to Minho’s house, further offending the diva who assumed he was always at the center of the two younger boys’ worlds. After the younger ones were dressed,  Minho asked to borrow his umma’s car and he and Taemin walked to the car. Key was creeping in the corner of his open garage trying to see when the two boys were leaving, when his umma caught him. Kibum...er...Key! Baby, what are you doing out here? Your father knows that you’re into fashion more than anything else, so you don’t have to try to appeal to his interests in cars anymore. There are also spiders in here! Something is up  with the frog and the mushroom and I need to know what they’re talking about! Key, baby, I don’t want to break your heart, but you’re not always the easiest to tell everything to. Umma, Minho usually tells me a lot and Taemin, he has to tell me everything! I’m his favorite hyung! Does Minho tell you a lot on a normal basis, or is that after your brother’s soju stash has been consumed? I bet you rant to Minho more than he rants to you on a normal basis, but something tells me Minho would make a painfully honest drunk. Ummmm...He’s also like that when he’s super tired too! Key was trying to change the subject away from the alcohol consumption. . His umma knew about the stash? And the fact that he and Minho enjoyed drinking heavy amounts of it sometimes? Umma!~ Key! I am not an old woman that is losing her memory! I was a 17 year old myself! I just don’t want you letting Taemin do anything stupid. That boy is made of rainbows.  Neh umma! I’ll keep Minnie mushroom safe! I have to go! Love you! Key kissed his mother’s forehead, grabbed his Keys and got into his car. Minho and Taemin had already left so Key went drove to the salon that Minho worked at because the two boys were picking up Minho’s check before eating ramen. Key was on a mission and accompanied his mission by blasting Ke$ha in the car on the way there. 

 

When Key got to the block and parked, Minho and Taemin were walking into the salon. Jesus Minho drives at old woman speed. 

 

Minho and Taemin entered the bright salon (Key creeping behind them) while all the women, workers and customers, all gasped and screamed hello to Minho. Minho hyung sure is popular here. Jonghyun needs to claim him before everyone else does! In a flash, Minho and Taemin were surrounded by workers who all adored Minho and his polite nature and looks. They were also commenting how cute and handsome Taemin was. The two beamed and laughed to each other when a cute short girl with wild blue-ish green hair and a hat emerged, Yah! Everyone! We all know that Minho and his adorable friend are handsome, but we still have customers! Just look, don’t touch! *chuckle* Hello everyone! Enjoy your treatments! This is my almost little brother Taemin! Sunny noona, I am here to pick up my check from last week and also schedule more hours if possible. All the women in the salon in unison said hello to Taemin as he bowed politely. They all chuckled and were chatting about how lovely Taemin’s head of hair was and how could there be such good looking people on the earth. Ah Minho, I have never seen such a dedicated student in the workplace, other than me, of course. You bring a lot of business and the Mrs. Oh, who owns the salon could not be happier, so how can I deny you hours of work behind the counter? Ah, next week if you could come early and organize some magazines and put the new products on the shelves, that would be fantastic! I don’t trust Yuri or Seohyun with shelving. I would be honored to bestow the fine products on the shelves, Sunny noona. Taemin beamed with pride and surprise because of how lively and even more hardworking Minho seemed. Minho turned around for just a second, causing Key to hit the sidewalk and army crawl away from the salon window. Minho and Taemin walked out of the salon of pleading women, hoping they would stay and rounded the corner to go to the ramen shop where Key could only assume was where they would be chatting about their love lives. Key needed to hear this but as soon as Minho and Taemin were out of sight, Sunny came out and found Key, in his hat and sunglasses, on his stomach looking like a stalker. Yah! Do NOT make me call security on you! Wait...Kibum? Ayo Sunny noona! Key blushed in embarrassment of being caught and scratched the back of his head. Sunny was Jessica’s other best friend besides him, but they didn’t share the same interests, so they never really got to know each other that well other than going to some parties here and there together. Because Sunny didn’t know Key all too well, this was super humiliating for Key. If it was Mir, or Joon, or Kai, or Sulli, it would have been less uncomfortable to be caught stalking. Um...Key, why are you creeping like that? Are you following someone around? A new boy caught your attention? Ani! And even if I was interested in a new boy, I wouldn’t stalk him! I’m stalking Minho and Taemin! They’re hiding stuff from me and I need to know what they’re talking about! Key was flustered and Sunny began to laugh. Keke, They’re going to get ramen around the corner if you plan on stalking more. Also, when you see Minho later, tell him he can’t come in glowing like a god and distract all the customers and workers! Hwaiting, Kibum with stalking and with Onew! Key rolled his eyes at the thought that uptight, serious, totally-in-love-with-Jonghyun Minho apparently makes women swoon, but then stopped at the fact that evidently everyone under the sun knew about him and Onew and their issues with actually coming out with their feelings. Um...thanks noona. Um...nice seeing you! 

 

Key ran off down the corner to go into the ramen shop. Minho and Taemin were seated in at a table. Behind the table was a booth that Key could easily sneak into and listen to the conversation while eating some ramen. Key sat at the edge of the table with one flap of his hat up and sunglasses down so he could listen without being seen. The waitresses thought he was a strange one, but Key couldn’t give less of a because he just needed to know! 

 

Taemin wasted absolutely no time. After sitting down and placing their orders, Taemin wanted to know what his usually silent hyung had to tell him and Taemin had much to tell as well. Okay hyung. Spill it right now! Okay so I’m going to tell you everything I remember because I was really exhausted after truth or dare and Key trying to puncture my ears. Also I want you to tell me what’s going on with you because I don’t get to talk to you alone all that much. Oh! And after this, back at the shed, I need some help in preparing something. Taemin was almost shaking in excitement to hear something juicy. And the fact that Minho needed to prepare for something. It was either he needed help with preparing a long carefully worded speech to give to Key about how his homemade ramen wasn’t very good without hurting his feelings, OR a confession for Jonghyun. He hoped it was the second one because they needed to be together now or Taemin will pull all his glorious hair out. Before Minho could speak more, Taemin made sure he was done drinking his tea so he didn’t scorch his hyung’s face if it was breaking news. Go on hyung! Please! I’m like DYING here! Okay so after the idiot diva (Key was super offended) tried to kill my ears with a needle and went up after Onew dropped something, he never came back down. (Taemin squeaked in his mind because he knew why Key didn’t come back down) And then Jonghyun went to do something, and you were watching TV and drinking unhealthy amounts of banana milk, so I went to bed because I was super tired. Then I remember I was woken up by Jonghyun hyung and he looked so cute. Minho laughed to himself while both Taemin and stalking Key smiled at how cute it was. And I think...I asked....Jonghyun if he loved me...and I think I outright told him I loved him...and then I thought he was like hugging me...and I fell asleep again...but I mean it could have been a dream, right? Holyholyholyholy that actually happened omgomgomg! Taemin was gripping the table so hard, his knuckles were turning white, trying to restrain himself from standing up and flipping the table. It wasn’t a freaking dream! How could it be? Minho hyung, a dream? Jonghyun came down like skipping this morning trying not to wake me up with his girly giggling. He obviously snuggled up with you last night and went to go tell Onew hyung about it! And I bet Onew had a lot to tell himself! Key choked on his water the puzzled waitress just poured him. Onew obviously was going to tell Jonghyun stuff as Jonghyun was telling what happened with him and Minho! This was a game changer! Information was flying everywhere and everyone seemed to be in the loop except him. Why was Taemin the person to go to? He was their goddamn umma! He quickly ordered his ramen because the waitress was blocking his view and her stupid impatient foot tapping was distracting as heck and Key needed to hear more.

 

All of a sudden: HOLY MOTHER OF SWEET JESUS MINHO HYUNG! Everything sort of stopped in that moment that Taemin screamed when he was reaching a revelation. Key had to restrain himself from laughing. He couldn’t be caught now. Minnie! Don’t scream! We’re in public! Why are you screaming? Huh? You need to confess right now for real! He snuggled you and all that! You need to confess like tomorrow because I don’t think Jonghyun-a-saurus-rex will ever confess unless he knows your exact feelings first. He thinks your made of glass and will freak out, but the truth is, I think Jonghyun hyung is fragile too and just needs some answers. Will you please? Please love my brother already! I mean...um... Taemin knew he already loved him, but he was just so damn excited. It’s okay, Minnie. Tell me what has been up with you and we can go back to the shed and prepare my confession. Ever since you read his diary, I think I was meant to confess to him. All I want is him to be happy. Taemin beamed brighter than the sun. Okay hyung, hold on to your hat, because I have a lot to tell you. *breath...3...2...1...* Okay so yesterday after Key ran up to check on Onew and you went somewhere and Jonghyun went somewhere, I went upstairs to scope your kitchen out for snacks because I forgot to tell Onew what snacks I wanted. I then saw Onew hyung and Key umma-hyung...omg...kissing and then Onew hyung hugged Key umma-hyung and it was the ahhhh hdjfadhsjfkhsdl cutest thing ever! They love each other! They really do! Key in his shock that Taemin had actually saw him and Onew together dropped his chopsticks on the floor and went to go pick them up before the other two saw. Taemin saw Key and smirked but shrugged it off and turned back to his hyung who’s mouth was in the shape of an O. They...they... Yeah... Wow. That’s so great for them. I’m so ing happy for them! Both Key and Taemin wanted to cry. Like hyung-umma, like little brother/son. I am too! Sosososoooo happy!!!! But...on another note...um...hyung...how do you know if you’re in love? Minho smiled, knowing where Taemin was going with this. Well um...when you wake up in the morning thinking about that person, when you go to sleep thinking about them too. When you have established a close friendship and both get different feelings. When they look you in the eyes and you know exactly what they are saying but both of you don’t know how to say it for real. Stuff like that...that’s how I feel about Jonghyun hyung. Every single day. Taemin had never heard Minho talk like that before. So that is what love looks like. I think about K...him all the time and they way K...he looked at me....and I think K...he likes me...and I think I like K...him too and we have been friends for a long time... Minho interrupted Taemin’s racing thoughts and said one singular word. Kai? Taemin looked up in surprise asking Minho with his eye expression how he knew. The dance concert. The way he kept looking at you...the way you blushed when you kissed him on the cheek. Is...is it that obvious? Key was basically leaning out of the booth at this point. You deserve more than anyone else in the world to be happy, you know. Now just admit that you love him. I love Kim Jongin! Taemin felt amazing and shy all at the same time saying those words. At that moment of hearing it, Key threw his chopsticks across the table, and screamed: I KNEW IT! Everyone was looking. Taemin and Minho now looked at Key. Key looked up and found the two boys staring at his capped, sunglass bearing face and fell out of the booth and onto the floor in surprise. Suddenly, Taemin threw his money on the table, and grabbed Minho by the wrist and ran out of the restaurant, puzzling everyone. The two younger boys ran laughing loudly and sort of screaming and panting the whole time to the car. KEY UMMA HYUNG HAS TO BE THE WORST SPY IN THE WHOLE ENTIRE WORLD! I SAW HIM STALKING US FROM HIS GARAGE! The two boys cracked up all the way back to the shed about how they would have told Key anyway eventually but Key was so damn obsessed and persistent. It was hilarious. Key didn’t think so seeing as how he was asked to leave the restaurant. 

 

Key came home in a bad mood, finding the person he least wanted to see. Jonghyun. He was just casually snacking on an apple. He didn’t want to speak to his taunting hyung. He was so embarrassed by the whole restaurant incident. Onew had fallen asleep on the couch waiting for everyone else to come back, but Key avoided everything and made a beeline towards his room trying to forget the embarrassment of the day. However, he did find out everything he wanted to know and more. Because of the trouble he went through today, the two younger boys best let him intervene. The monster diva has been unleashed. 

 

While Onew slept, Jonghyun ate fruit, and Key moped and tried to justify his ridiculous actions to himself, Minho and Taemin were sitting on the couch in the shed, with Jonghyun’s photocopied diary entry that Taemin read out loud by accident, talking about Kai and writing up a plan and a confession that would definitely change everything for the better. Taemin had never been so sure about anything in his life. 

 

A/N: TAEMIN LOVES KIM JONGIN!!!!! MINHO LOVES JONGHYUN! KEY IS A STALKER! Most fun chapter to write! Took me a long time but I had so much fun I couldn't stop plus my computer decided to my soul out by deciding not to function for a bit. I think all the characters are super fun to write for! More Onew diologue and more drama  and for those of you Jongho fans who invest like everyday in this ship (like me) who are in like a Jongho withdrawal by reading this story that has been so far filled with Onkey, don't worry theres many chapters left!!! Hope you enjoy this progress report :D THANKS