Jonghyun and Onew’s Heart to Heart

Family Network

Note: I hate, hate, hate quotation marks, so when conversations come up, they will be color coated. Normal conversations will be in regular text and texting conversations will be in a different font thoughts will be italicized. Onew is green and Jonghyun is blue. 

 

Jonghyun and Onew were in Jonghyun’s room again. They were both sprawled out on the hard floor with pillows surrounding them. They decided to sing again today and after 2 hours of singing and writing and laughing, Jonghyun thought he should talk to his hyung about Key because no one else would. Jonghyun packed away his beloved guitar and moved over to the chair in the corner of his room to be on higher ground than Onew. Onew, who was about to shove a large handful of popcorn in his mouth, found Jonghyun staring at him with a serious look on his face. 

 

Onew was very confused. What? Jonghyun took a deep breath and started right into it. Okay, so a friend of mine REALLY likes this guy, who in my opinion is a fantastic match for my friend, but neither of them will talk about their feelings with anyone and try to hide it. I don’t know why though, hyung. If YOU were in that situation, what would you do? Onew was often clueless, (Not as much as an airhead as Taemin is but not exactly an expert when it came to people and feelings.) but he couldn’t help but think that this sounded pretty similar to his and Key’s situation....WAIT JUST A SECOND! Kim Jonghyun! I know exactly what you are trying to say! I came to sing to clear my head from everything and you just decide to jump right to the thing that is giving me the biggest headache? I’m your hyung! You shouldn’t pry into people’s lives!

 

Jonghyun rolled his eyes. Hyung~! I am not prying! Kim Kibum is my younger brother and your my closest hyung who I have known forever and love like a brother! You two like each other a lot, so I just wanted to know, what is holding you back? I’m not trying to make you feel uncomfortable because you should take a relationship at your own pace, but you guys have been like this for a while and...and...and (Jonghyun’s face was red and he looked like he was about to explode. Onew braced himself with a pillow, as if Jonghyun would combust and destroy him in the process. Jonghyun looked like he swallowed one of those electricity balls and his eyes were 2 times bigger than they usually were.) *3..2..1..breath* YOU WOULD JUST BE SO CUTE TOGETHER! YOU ARE A STABLE AMAZING GUY FOR KIBUM! I HATE SEEING KIBUM TALKING WITH GUYS WHO ARE WRONG WITH HIM AND WHEN HE GOES ON A DATE, I KNOW I SEE PAIN IN HIS EYES WHILE HE LEAVES AND I CAN SEE IT IN YOUR EYES WHEN HE ANNOUNCES HIS DATES AND I JUST WANT BOTH OF YOU TO BE SUPER HAPPY AND YOU CAN’T BE UNLESS YOU ADMIT YOU LIKE EACH OTHER AND BUILD A MORE ROMANTIC AND INTIMATE RELATIONSHIP!!!! *panting*

 

It isn’t like Onew doesn’t want to date or live happily in love with Kibum. Onew was afraid of what the future would bring. Sure his friends and family and other family are accepting and kind and supportive, but what about the rest of the world? And what about his studies and his job? Yeah he had a life plan with Jonghyun while finishing university, but Jonghyun wasn’t the object of his affection! And Kibum, being in high school is also under a lot of stress and Onew didn’t want to overwhelm him, even if Key did love him the way he loved Key. He didn’t want to be the guy who’s whole existence is chasing the person of his dreams only to be crushed and unhappy in the end. And...and...what if Key meets the person of his dreams before Onew even tells him how he really feels? WHAT IF KEY ALREADY HAS MET THE ONE AND THEY’RE LIVING TOGETHER AND SO IN LOVE THEY PLAN TO GET MARRIED AND ADOPT CHILDREN? Hyung! Jonghyun’s concerned voice broke Onew from his panic attack. Suddenly Onew became very angry, with himself for being such a coward because love and time are both precious and he is quickly losing time and his faith in love, and because Jonghyun brought this up. Suddenly, Onew remembered how Jonghyun had talked about Minho in his sleep. It was Onew’s turn to interrogate Jonghyun. Sorry, Jjong, I was just watching Minho do this amazing~ football trick! Out of Jonghyun’s bedroom window was a place where Minho could clearly be seen working on his foot-skills, looking very handsome, sincere, and...sweaty. Jonghyun suddenly went red in the face. Aha! So Minnie the airhead was right! I had a feeling...our Jjongie LIKES the frog prince. He dares to talk about my precious Kibum, well it is time for revenge. Hmm... let’s see how he likes it when I pick his brain about baby brother Choi Minho. *evil smirk* Hyung! You’re scaring me. What is with that face? Jonghyun’s face was still turning pink and he looked sweaty with nerves. Nothing Jjong. You brought up romance so it reminded me of how you act when you are with Minho. It has come to my attention that over the last few years you have become more protective of him and honestly...when he comes to eat after the shower, instead of saying a normal hello, you stare at him until he is forced by Key to go put a shirt on. I know you like him. Minho is a very unreadable and sometimes distant person so I need you to cherish my baby brother. I love him very much and could never see anything bad happen to him. You know, when you sing him to sleep, it always makes him feel better. He won’t admit it, but he loves your comforting ways more than anyone else’s. If you care about him that way, make him happy. He needs it. Jonghyun was dumbfounded. He also found a tear rolling down his cheek. The thought of Minho and everything he was made Jonghyun cry because he was so real and hardworking and lovely. Minho crying was like the world coming to an end in Jonghyun’s eyes. No tear should ever be allowed to slip from Minho’s gorgeous eyes. No situation should ever dare to make Minho upset. No person will ever get away with hurting my Minho. Minho is my everything and Onew hyung is 100,000% right. I need to tell him and soon. Okay, hyung. Let’s make a deal. I will help you in getting my little brother if you help me with my relationship with yours. I will cherish Minho everyday. I love him. *tears* We know our little brothers the best. Also, we cannot let them find out that we are making plans about them. Neither of them will take it well, especially the diva. Okay? *sniffle* Okay, Jjong. I’ll do it. *pulls Jonghyun off the chair and leans him on his shoulder giving a comforting hug. But on one other condition. *raised eyebrow* You have to pay your first payment for rent and utilities for our new apartment. I want to move in completely in a couple of weeks, but your parents won’t let you until you pay the goddam payment. I promise. *cheeky smile* Jonghyun stretched, looking relieved and walked over to the window where he could see Minho now playing with poor Taemin who looked winded from chasing after Minho. A smile spread over his face. Today hyung, our real love life is about to begin.

A/N: Sorry I originally forgot my ending authors note. So thanks so much for suscribing. Quick updates yay! Also if any of you are reading my other story, it will be updated more slowly until I get on a continuous roll. This one is just sort of continuously giving me more ideas, but don't worry if you are reading my other one because I love that one just as much. I loved writing this one! Jonghyun and Onew's actual chemistry in real life is hilarious and perfect so I wanted to translate that here. Thanks thanks thanks! :D (I also can't help gushing about Minho through my story)