Truth or Dare?

Family Network

 

A/N: I know I say this about most chapters, but I love this one also. Things begin to sort of fall into place so if you've been like omygod like 13 chapters and like 2 distractions that didn't work later and she still hasn't progressed don't worry! I actually was writing the last chapter worried that it wouldn't get anywhere. Since it's the busiest time of the year at school right now, I haven't been able to write a bunch of chapters and post them often like the first few. When I thought of Minho and Onew's house, I thought of my friends awesome house that has this stage in the basement and we always play games like truth or dare or never have I ever and I thought this would be the perfect vehicle to not only progress with, but have fun with the character responses. Also quick note in case you were wondering: there will be a chapter working on Taemin's relationship issues, it's just Onkey and Jongho are being impossible right now. Please enjoy :D THANKS

 

The rules were simple. Pick a truth or a dare. This game however, was way too simple for Key when they first played truth or dare. He wanted excitement so he added additional options. His game was truth, dare, double dare, promise, repeat, and get whatever the other person wanted. A truth was simple. This option was picked mostly by Taemin because he would rather answer a question than do something stupid. It was also so much more entertaining to watch Jonghyun put hot sauce in his eye or Onew put ice cubes in his shoes 

 

A dare was a slightly more challenging category. One had to do the thing the person asked them to do. A normal dare was a small thing, Minho often picked this because it was easier to do something daring than open up about personal stuff. Minho always accepted the challenge and never backed down. In his experiences being dared to do things he has stolen fruit out of a neighbor’s tree, pulled an all nighter playing dance dance revolution, braided corn rows into Onew’s hair while he was sleeping, (Minho picked up braiding and styling in his job at the salon, even though he is just the cute guy at the counter) given Taemin a three hour piggy back, hidden Key’s favorite face cream and much, much more. 

 

Double dare was something bigger that only really Jonghyun and Key went for. This has included egging someones’ house, taking their parents’ cars for joy rides at 1 AM, sweet talking an old woman, and filling Minho’s pillow case with rocks. (This was a double dare because of the consequences that once faces when messing with anything that could endanger Minho’s sleep. Minho was scary when he could not get perfect sleep.) 

 

Promises, which were rarely ever picked would be something like Key promising to buy Taemin a month’s supply of banana milk. If a promise was not followed through, they all agreed on the worst form of punishment. If a promise was not followed through which has not happened yet, the guilty promise breaker would have to go to Taemin, Key, and Jonghyun’s umma and ask to do a ballet lesson, in which one other person had to go along and film it. Because of this brutal punishment, no promise has ever been broken. 

 

A repeat can be chosen after choosing to answer a truth. After the person answers the truth and a repeat, they can pick a victim to ask that same question to. This option often makes enemies. When anyone would ever choose repeat and turn to Key to make him answer the same truth...well, it was dangerous. 

 

The last option was something that Key added in because he often got hungry, thirsty, cold, warm, needy during the game. Get whatever the other person wanted was something that was more of a punishment. The thing about the Lee/Kim/Choi truth or dare games was that they kept going all night. Whoever was awake would have to continue to play. If a player was guilty of any of these things during the long game, they would have to get whatever someone wanted. 

 

This punishment was carried out if: 

  1. You were the first one to fall asleep 
  2. You go upstairs to your room to get a better nights rest 
  3. You absolutely insist on refusing a dare or a double dare 
  4. You are caught lying on a truth 
  5. You drank the last soda 
  6. You came late to the game
  7. You wake someone else up when going to get something 
  8. You were yelled at by Key because he wanted something 

 

The receiver of the most stuff because of this added rule, was Key. He never fell asleep first, went upstairs, refused any dare, lied, drank the last soda, came late, never woke anyone up, and he couldn’t yell at himself, so Key obviously benefitted the most from this option. The poor ers that had to get the most stuff were Jonghyun and Minho. Jonghyun often fell asleep first, drank all the soda, leaving no soda for the rest of them, and was late a lot of the time. He was yelled at by Key to get stuff as well. Minho had gone upstairs to get better sleep, refused a really outrageous double dare involving lighter fluid and frozen food, and was yelled at by Key to get stuff more often than anyone else. The two poor boys could never win with this one. 

 

This current game of truth, dare...etc, was suggested by Taemin who wanted something fun to do now that they were all together. It was after a long day of thursday classes for all of the boys and there was actually a power outage in the area caused by an enormous storm. The boys, all excited about the cancelled friday classes all decided to sleep over at Minho and Onew’s house in their comfy basement. They were in a circle surrounded by pillows and blankets with a lot of candy laid before them, courtesy of Taemin. Only Onew and Taemin were taking part of the candy feast because both could not resist candy. Ever. 

 

Onew hyung, have you ever had a crush on one of the assistant teachers? 

Ms. Jung...she’s pretty 

She’s 50! 

I was trying to be funny...

*silence...everyone together* WHATEVER HE DOES IT’S ONEW CONDITION~

Key hyung, I dare you to call up Jessica and ask her out to see her reaction. 

I’m on it! *few minutes later* She said she spit out her water and asked a bunch of times if I was switching my preferences. Then she got angry kinda. 

When you go to art class with her, I am sure you will face consequences. 

She knows she’s my best friend...well...who’s a girl...well...besides Sulli of course...anyway....she can’t stay mad at me. 

Jonghyun, have you ever stolen something from a store? 

I stole a dinosaur bandaid because my head was bleeding after Siwon decided to open a locker into my face...what a lovely guy. Hm....who shall I pick for this repeat? Ah. Onew hyung, have YOU stolen anything from a store? 

What...I just asked you this...ah. Well when we were little, I snatched a hair pin that Key told me he really wanted. 

So Key...you pretty much knew that early? 

Jjong, let’s not forget that you told me first that you were gay and I helped you. 

Ani. I know Key ah, I’m just laughing at how you were already a diva. 

Okay okay. Jonghyun, do you have any tattoos we should know about? 

Don’t tell umma or appa...but I have one on my side. *Lifting up shirt showing off his treble clef tattoo* 

*Furious blushing, thinking to himself* I didn’t know he had a tattoo...Minho stop staring you idiot! 

When the hell did you get that? 

The day I was suspended from school for an afternoon for doing nothing, I was angry and needed to treat myself to something I wanted. Hm....Key, would you ever think about dating Minho? 

Bwo? I mean he’s good looking and sweet but I don’t know...I am looking for a guy with an amazing eye smile and with lighter hair I suppose. 

Heh...the eye smile...lighter hair...it has to be Onew hyung. 

Wow okay...I am honestly going to say I’m offended. Admit it now that you would totally date me if it weren’t for your stupid rules...

Ah whatever...you’re so full of it, frog. 

Yah! Minho what about me? *joking but not actually joking* 

Sorry Jjong hyung...I don’t think your in the running to date Key umma hyung. 

Yah! Don’t be stupid, I meant me for you! *adding on fake laughter to make it seem like a joke* 

*staring*

*blushing*

*blushing*

*staring* 

*cough cough* Um...um...omo! Look Onew hyung fell asleep over there! Key umma~

Keke...that pabo...Taemin, I dare you, to pour cold water on sleepy Onew hyung over there. 

*tiptoes over to his hyung with a nice icy bottle of water*

*startled and cold* LEE TAEMIN! WHY?! 

I made him do it! You hyunggie, are the first one to fall asleep which means you have to go get me stuff and whoever else wants something. I want ice water with a lemon in it...anyone else? 

Hyung! Soju! 

A blanket would be lovely dear Hyung. 

Banana milk! 

Ah~ Okay fine. 

 

While poor Onew hyung ventured upstairs, cold and wet, to get his friends and brother their stuff, the game was still going on...

 

Minho hyung, I dare you to let Key pierce your ears. 

Bwo?!

 

A few minutes later after the needle, alcohol, and lemon were all ready...

OW DAMN IT DIVA! ARE YOU CERTIFIED? AH THAT HURTS! ONEW HYUNG HELP ME!

 

At the sound of Minho’s booming voice, a tired, cold, shaky Onew dropped Key’s glass of water, shattering it, also getting glass in his hand. Key miraculously heard the noise over Minho’s screaming and had the urge to check on Onew to make sure he was okay. Key put down his tools, commanded that Taemin keep Minho exactly where he was, and when Key walked up the stairs, he saw Onew in the kitchen cold, wet, tired...and bleeding...trying to pick up the broken pieces of glass. Omo! Hyung! What happened? Onew was freezing and wet and Key felt really bad that he dared Taemin to do that. Ah, Key-ah, I just...dropped this glass. You go back down, I have to take care of this. Go have fun, I’ll be there soon. No hyug, this is my fault, lemme help you. Omo! You’re bleeding yeobo! Onew’s wincing went silent, Key touched his fingers to his mouth. He just called Onew yeobo. Onew was in shock and had this fluttery feeling in his stomach when Key called him yeobo. Key had his hand around Onew’s painful wrist. Ah! Key! It hurts! Okay, let me get the first aid kit! Onew was leaning against the fridge while Key was rifling through the cupboards to find the first aid kit and mentally kicking himself for calling Onew yeobo. Key came back to Onew, finding his hyung, who was level headed and didn’t cry as much, crying in his hands. Key’s heart clenched. He had never seen such a sad sight. Key flew over to Onew, his umma-like tendencies kicking in. He sat in front of Onew, intensely focusing on his hyung’s hurt hand. Key didn’t know if he should ask Onew why he was crying so he kept silent, carefully cleaning the bleeding hand. Key began to hum. The quiet, calm environment, free of conversation and noises from downstairs caused Onew to begin dozing off while Key hummed. Onew looked so perfect just sitting there, eyes a little puffy, but Key had the chance to observe his handsome love. Onew had glorious soft skin and an adorable nose. His face looked so much younger when he was sleeping, but the bags under his eyes were visible. His lips. His lips that hid that brilliant smile and amazing laugh looked so...so...tempting. Just a few inches away from Key. Key could kiss his Onew hyung. 

 

Key could kiss...his...Onew hyung....I can kiss my Onew...my yeobo. 

 

Key leaned in and placed his heart shaped lips on Onew’s full ones. Only applying slight pressure, Key still felt like a billion fireworks were bursting inside his chest. No other kiss was like this. His past flames...none of them could even compare to this...and Onew was basically sleeping at this point. That is how magical this kiss was to Key. Onew then suddenly, in his drowsiness, realized what was going on. Key’s lips, the ones that hid his diva smirk, the ones that hid that powerful don’t-you-dare-mess-with-me rapping voice, the ones that were shaped like a heart, the ones that contained a loud laugh that almost reached the same volume as his younger brother’s, those lips...were on his lips and literally nothing in the world, singing, laughing, sleeping, even chicken, could compare in the amount of happiness that this small kiss was giving him. He opened his eyes to see Key, lips still on his, looking back at him, face red, tears staining his face as well. Onew broke the kiss and pulled Key into a loving hug. Key relaxed in Onew’s arms, snuggling into his chest and falling asleep. Onew then began to speak against Key’s soft hair. Onew hoped his words would give Key sweet dreams as he slept there in his arms. Key ah, if I am your yeobo, then you are my jagiya. I will always try to make you happy so you never come home crying about your broken heart. Your kiss...nothing compares. No one compares to you, and I will always be by your side, for a thousand years. I promise. Onew then pecked Key’s forehead and headed upstairs to his room to place Key in a comfortable bed. Onew then set up a makeshift bed on his window seat and dreamed away in happiness. 

 

Behind the wall in between the kitchen and the living room, stood Taemin, clutching his heart, almost in tears of happiness. His hyungs. They kissed. They were in love. They would be happy. Taemin had to cover his mouth from squeaking and screaming from all his feels. He was overjoyed. Taemin then went down the basement stairs to see if the other two were still awake. 

 

Downstairs, after hours of waiting for the other two to come back down, Jonghyun was coming back from washing his face and brushing his teeth. Yawning, he realized then that Minho wasn’t there either, just a tired but giddy Taemin lying face down on a pillow, screaming into it, flailing his arms. Jonghyun couldn’t tell if his brother was having a dream, or sad or happy so he backed away slowly. He figured that Minho went up to his room to get a better night’s rest. He was right. In Minho’s bed, was the long sleeping figure on his back, bundled up in covers with soft music playing as he slept. Jonghyun was enchanted by the way the moonlight sorta shined down on Minho. He looked so calm and gorgeous. Jonghyun approached the bed and sat next to it. He then felt the urge to wake Minho up and tell him something. He didn't know what, and he knew that it may be difficult. He knew Minho would be too tired to remember anything, so he figured now would be the perfect time...to maybe confess something perhaps...as a practice. *cooing* Minho-ah, sleepy, wake up a moment, huh? Minho stirred and woke up a bit easier than usual. Jjong hyung I have something to ask you. Truth or dare? *chuckling at the sleepy and totally cute Minho, who's voice was cracking with sleepiness* Um...truth! Do you love me? Because I really love you Jjong hyung! Holy pope in the Vatican! Minho just out right told Jonghyun that he loved him and probably wouldn't even remember it. His heart was pounding and was about to jump out of his chest and land on the floor. His stomach churned with the amount of butterflies that were fluttering around in there. For once in his life, he was lost for words. Literally Jonghyun couldn’t even begin to register what the extremely delusional and tired Minho just asked him. All he could do was lift up the covers, slide into the bed, peck Minho on the forehead, and hold his love in his arms. In the morning Minho would find him there and that should give him his answer...if Minho remembered his confession. Jonghyun was sure he was done running away from what was right in front of him. Minho wasn't distant, or detatched. He was right here, heart beating just like Jonghyun's. They were alive and close and he had never been apart of such a beautiful moment. Jonghyun wondered why he went through all that heartbreak when he knew his love was right across the street, or in the park playing football, or in his shed doing crunches. He wondered why he was so afraid of losing Minho when Minho seemed to want him and need him back. Jonghyun shed a few tears of happiness, and fell asleep with Minho curled up in his arms. 

 

A/N: My favorite part besides the truth/dare game is just the tenderness and the feels I got reading this back at the Jongho part. Jonghyun's feelings and his revelation are kind of jumpy and disconnected, but that is how you feel when you feel such intense emotion. So I hoped you enjoyed this chapter and I hope you feel this progresses things a bit in case it was moving too slow for any of you. Thanks so much for everyone for subscribing, you give me confidence to write this story and I have enjoyed reading many of your stories as well. The next chapter is called The Progress Report: Onew and Jonghyun. There are going to be 3 shorter "progress report" chapters between the busy match makers in which the parents will also play a role in it as well. Tell me what you think Jonghyun and Onew are going to discuss! Thanks :D