We Shouldn't Wait Any Longer

Family Network

 

A/N: Please enjoy! I love this chapter! Also, if you need to refer to chapter 5, Taemin Is Sure of It for the end of the chapter, please do. 

 

Minho finally reached Onew and Key who were still holding hands, but this went unnoticed by Minho. Minho stood there, shaking in front of his worried hyungs not knowing what to do. 

 

Back at home, Taemin was getting ready to visit Jonghyun. 

 

Minho found himself being wrapped in a loving hug from his brother. Onew sat Minho down and the three talked about what had happened. 

 

Take a deep breath, Minho-ah and tell me what exactly happened with you and Jonghyun. Minho tried to regain his breath and get rid of his tears, but could only answer shakily, breaking both Onew and Key’s hearts. I...I went to g..go visit him. And a girl was with him...the same one who was KISSING HIM! And...you should have seen his eyes Key hyung. He...he....Minho was hyperventilating at this point so Key rubbed circles on his back while giving a concerned look to Onew. Needless to say, Onew was pissed. Jonghyun promised not to hurt Minho and here for the nth time has hurt him, but this time deeply and terribly. Onew was there. He knew that Jonghyun was caught by surprise, but to be with her again comforting her? There’s a difference between being a gentleman and being a total clueless jerk to the one you love. 

 

Taemin was now at the hospital, stuffed frog in hand...ready to face his hyung. Taemin knew he couldn’t wait any longer to confront Jonghyun about Minho. Jonghyun had no idea Key and Taemin were in on it, so it may come as a shock, but Taemin loved his hyungs too much. 

 

Taemin was nearing the hospital room when he heard similar soft girly crying from inside. No. ing. Way. In. Hell. Is. She. Here.  Taemin slid open the hospital room door finding exactly what Minho had seen earlier, only Taemin wasn’t teary and afraid or heartbroken, he was enraged, pissed, and royally disappointed in his Jonghyun hyung. 

 

Jonghyun looked up in surprise to the loud door sliding open. Taeminnie! Hi! Have you come to see your...Is this the same girl from earlier? Taemin interrupting his hyung to point at Victoria who was still clinging like a fool to Jonghyun. This is the same girl who we saw you kissing. She’s pretty and I bet she’s nice...so maybe you should stop leading her on like this and tell her that you’re not interested?! Taemin! This is Tori! My friend from college! She’s your noona! You should respect her! Not when she and you are the cause of my best friend’s pain! I’ll respect *mocking tone* Tori noona when you respect Minho hyung! Do you love him or NOT?! Jjongie? What is this kid talking about? Tori was on the verge of tears again. She really liked Jonghyun and had been trying to get him to have feelings for her too. Jonghyun winced and turned to Tori. Tori...you’re talented and pretty and sweet, but what I have been trying to tell you is that I’m gay...and yeah...I’m already in love with my best friend. I love hanging out with you and you're an amazing friend...I'm so sorry, Tori. Oh...I must seem like a huge idiot then. Please excuse me! I’m sorry for causing all this trouble for you and your friends! I hope you’re really happy with M...Minho. Tori ran out of the room, tears streaming down her face. No one felt more horrible than Jonghyun at that moment, but something drew him away from that guilt and threw new guilt onto his shoulders. Taemin’s venomous, angry stare. Are you going to go to Minho or what? You claim to love him but you keep messing up because you don’t know how. Ah. Taemin. I know I am the biggest idiot on the face of the planet. I keep hurting Minho. But I don’t think he’ll want to see me for a long time. Jonghyun began to nervously drink water as he waited for Taemin to register what he just said. What the hell did you do?! He was on his way to ing confess to you! Jonghyun spit out his water. He had everything prepared! EVERYTHING! He ripped up the confession after he saw you kiss...her and then taped it back together, sure that meant nothing and he came here. Why wouldn’t he talk to you?! He came to confess! What happened?! Taemin was near screaming and Jonghyun was overwhelmed by all the emotions. He came to confess?! He just opened the door...saw us...and ran away. HE KEEPS ING RUNNING AWAY FROM ME TAEMIN!!!!!!!! Oh my god Jonghyun hyung! He runs because he’s scared! He can protect me and Key from bullies, he can score thousands of goals in a game, fearless when running a race, but he builds up this wall when it comes to himself because in his own mind...he’s not fearless, but scared less by romance, and the thought of being hurt and not being good enough for you. He put back together the confession and had to rebuild walls of courage to even think about confessing again. But you know? It’s not even about the paper that has the confession on it, you broke Minho’s heart twice in a span of like two days, you idiot! Taemin was screaming. Jonghyun was crying. Taemin rolls his eyes and goes over to his injured hyung and wraps him in a tight hug. But you love him. So show him. You should not and cannot wait any longer, hyung. Jonghyun nods into Taemin’s shoulder, shocked at how much Taemin knew when it came to other people’s romances but had never had one himself. 

 

Taemin stayed with Jonghyun for a while. Jonghyun was now exhausted and sleeping. Taemin was writing down Minho’s confession that they wrote together on a piece of paper and put it next to Jonghyun’s bed for him to read when he woke up either later or after his surgery. 

 

On the way out of the hospital, Taemin got a ring from Key telling him to come to the park near by. Taemin arrived, seeing Minho sleeping, looking just as exhausted as Jonghyun and found Key and Onew holding hands, Key leaning on Onew’s shoulder. We shouldn’t wait any longer to be together. It’s been too long. He’s mine. All mine forever and ever. I LOVE HIM~ Onew and Key explained everything that Taemin missed. Sulli and Joon going out now, how Minho felt, how Minho needed some space and would talk to Jonghyun after he was home from surgery, and how they got together and were now in a relationship. Taemin burst into tears of happiness for Onew and Key, hugging his hyungs, and tears of sadness for Minho, who he then laid down next to to relax, still shedding tears of joy and emotion. 

 

Taemin was not the only one crying at this moment though. 

 

Jonghyun had woken up not too long after Taemin left. He was reading Minho’s confession. 

 

Dear Notebook-sunbaenim,

 

Onew hyung and Key hyung and Taemin and I have been talking a lot lately. There’s this one thing bugging me. It’s this dinosaur. He’s too talented, too good-looking, has a smile that is too beautiful. More news sunbaenim! I am confessing right now to my yeobo Kim Jonghyun. I have known him for years and every moment, he seems to glow more and more. He has the best sense of humor and is just perfectly handsome and utterly adorable. I am saying...I LOVE KIM JONGHYUN AND I NEED HIM IN MY LIFE FOREVER AND ALWAYS! It’s not even cheesy saying that at all. I want to take care of him and hug him and make him laugh and I want to make him food when he comes home after classes on certain days and bake for him! (With help from the diva, of course) I hear he is jealous when I talk to Key more than him...but I promise to come to him more often and make Key go to Onew hyung. He is usure of the future and is under stress in college and his forgetfulness sometimes scares me, but I know my competitiveness scares him. I know now I need to have fun and be in stupidly in love, which is what I feel like when I’m with Jonghyun hyung. When I with him I will be a looser and laugh more, that omygosh not even kidding, gorgeous I apparently have. I need him. And I am gonna take responsibility of him. I am going to be a perfect gentleman and never hurt him. I am never going to be like people he has dated in the past. If I hurt him I deserve to die. Sunbaenim pray for Jonghyun and let him be happy forever. I LOVE HIM! Let our plan work and let Jonghyun hyung forever be my best friend and love. 


P.s. He must be suspicious about how I got ahold of his diary entry and wrote this confession based off of the most beautiful piece of writing I have ever heard...well Taemin was going through your stuff and found it and sorta read it out loud. And this is how it all began...Taemin said I shouldn’t wait any longer and that he is sure that everything will work out in the end.
Bye Bye Sunbaenim, Minho goon thanks you!

 

Every fiber in Jonghyun’s being ached from not being with Minho at that moment. He absolutely will not wait any longer. 

 

He was crying hysterically, loving every word of Minho’s confession. I love him. I need him. I can't ever be without him. I need him to give me one last chance. I can’t wait any longer. 

 

A/N: I love Taemin in this chapter! Laying down the law! AWW YEAH! Gosh I think I would explode if I ever got a confession like that...or a confession at all from Minho! GOSH JONGHO STOP BEING SO STUPID! Anyway thanks for subscribing/reading/skimming/viewing/commenting/loving/questioning/demanding and all that. :D THANK YOU