Progress Report: Key and Taemin...and Everyone Else

Family Network

A/N: Okay so I changed the title a bit because it involves everyone. Please enjoy this overdue chapter. And don't forget to scroll all the 

 

A/N: Hello everyone! I hope you enjoy this chapter and for some reason I had like a sudden burst of ideas for all the upcoming chapters so I think their gonna come out better than originally expected. Also for those of you who have had a bad day or want to live eight years longer, watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3G3yK52Psgs (If you haven’t seen it or if you have haha) 

My mom sings this all the time and I was recommended it on youtube and this song and SHINee ah god it is the weirdest and most adorable thing ever! The beginning! Ah Onkey feels. Onew’s reaction whenever he sees Key. And 2min is precious and Jonghyun is brining back the rich man Hello Baby mustache. And Jongho feels too for like a second...but Jjong has a mustache so...This video is perfection and hilarious and Choi Minho could not be better looking. Onew dubu angels leader he’s so adorable. Taemin and Jonghyun made me do a spit take because of their dancing. Key is hilarious and insane as always. I love them. I’m writing this chapter while listening to Mental Breaker by Block B...so catchy and good. Just reminds me of Park Kyung’s idontgivea dance in his teaser :D 

 

Friday evening. Everyone was busy doing their own things, trying to think. 

 

The parents were out. When the two couples went out, the only thing they did was gush about their children and their other set of children. (They considered all five of them their sons) Many memories were brought up and many things were discussed: 

 

  • How hyper Jonghyun was as a child and how absolutely nothing changed 
  • How Jonghyun was so short, but that along with his cute facial structure made him look young
  • How Jonghyun was doing at the art school and what talent agencies Jonghyun was looking at for his future career 
  • How Jonghyun wrote a song about a frog when he was younger and dedicated to Minho 
  • How Jonghyun and Minho make a perfect match 
  • How Key would end up going into the fashion business after arts college 
  • How Key’s cupcakes are as addictive as crack 
  • How jealous Key got when Taemin and Minho were not telling him anything 
  • How Key looks good with any color hair 
  • How they were glad that a guy like Onew would always be there for Key
  • How Minho never beat Onew’s Japanese score, but tried super hard anyway 
  • How serious Minho could be but how his laugh said otherwise 
  • How Minho should also earn money by being a model because of his poise 
  • How Minho needs a guy like Jonghyun 
  • How Onew’s clumsiness is now concerning but still funny 
  • How Onew is very frugal with his money regarding other things, but then buys pricey amounts of banana milk for Taemin 
  • How hardworking Onew was and how he would do anything for both families 
  • How when Onew was younger he would always take the blame for Jonghyun’s actions 
  • How Key would make Onew’s life exciting everyday 
  • How manly Taemin has gotten 
  • How Taemin is by far the best dancer in the area (...or the world) 
  • How Taemin would never grow out of two things: his nickname: Minnie Mushroom or his banana milk infatuation 
  • How Taemin seemed to be born with absolutely no bones in his body and was as flexible as a gummy worm (Taemin didn’t like this statement because there was no way he could be any type of worm if he was raised by the most loving parents in the world) 
  • How amazing it would be if Kai were there for Taemin forever and how he would make the perfect addition to the family 

 

Gushing about how their sons would be lovely together with the other couples’ sons. Love was on the mind of everyone that Friday evening. 

 

The two older boys’ utter desperation due to boredom as well as the feeling of dejection after being turned down by still angry Key to do something fun lead them to buying a five pound pack of walnuts and sitting in front of Jonghyun’s television, Onew, ttakbam-ing the frick out of all the walnuts, and Jonghyun snapchatting selcas to Minho with cute faces, however getting no reply. Jonghyun tried many times, but Minho was busy, so he ended up snapchatting angry Key, who sent back a scary picture of himself, the caption reading: “send me another picture or prepare to fight”. This caused Jonghyun to give up all together. The ttakbam dubu king and the lonely dinosaur looked at each other and sighed. They could be out with their friends from college, but they were both extremely tired, however, not tired enough to do nothing but crack walnuts. Something had to be done about this lack of Friday night fun. 

 

In the shed: 

 

Minho and Taemin were done with writing up the one confession to rule them all and now were talking about Kai. 

 

...do you really think Kai likes me that much? Only people in love stare at a person like that, I’m telling you. Not that I’m experienced or anything...because I am unsure about anything regarding Jonghyun hyung, but Kai loves you. Kai really loves me? Should I confess or should... Just as Taemin was about to ask Minho if he should confess, Key swung open the double doors of the shed Aragorn-style. Lee Taemin! We need to talk! Hyung! Were in the middle of something right now. Can it wait? No it cannot Mr. I-am-about-to-confess-to-Key’s-older-brother-but-didn’t-tell-Key-about-it-and-told-mushroom-head-instead. I will not wait! I need to talk to Taemin like right now! Minho couldn’t fight Key on this. Key had that look in his eyes. That desperate pleading look that he gave Minho when he was heartbroken over a relationship and pleaded to Minho to let him sleep over so he had someone to talk to. Minho knew how much Key needed Taemin right then so he let him go, sighing to himself, looking over his confession he prepared. 

 

Taemin and Key went back to their house deserting Minho. Onew became so bored with cracking walnuts because Jonghyun fell asleep, that he got up and went to find Minho. He wanted to spend more time with his brother. As Onew was walking back to the shed behind his own house, he saw a very determined Key (who he also really needed to talk to) being dragged by a pleading Taemin. They passed each other blushing, saying quick hellos and going off to talk to their younger brothers, leaving the second oldest alone sleeping upside down on his living room couch. Key and Taemin entered their house finding their brother occupying the couch, so they went to Taemin’s room upstairs. The not so quiet whispering awoke Jonghyun, he was confused. Where was Onew? Why didn’t Onew make him popcorn like he asked? Where was Minho? What were Key and Taemin whispering about? He had to know all this stuff. Jonghyun was not stealthy as Key, however, so as soon as he put a glass to the door and put his ear up to it, the door sprung open, causing the shorty to tumble into the room surprising Key and Taemin. 

 

What the hell hyung? Have you been spying? 

Eh...didn’t you see I was home? I was bored and you two came along and...

Yah! Why don’t you go find Minho then if you’re so bored? 

Well...you...I...we...

Keke...hyung, I know...I spied on Taemin and Minho talking. Better get a move on! 

And what about you Key? Any progress with Onew hyung? 

 

Jonghyun was speaking in a teasing tone due to his brother’s annoying nature. Key was furious...Jonghyun knew exactly how hard all of the stuff everyone had going on made it difficult to do anything about their raging feelings. Taemin was embarrassed because he didn’t want his hyung teasing him about Kai which was what they were talking about when Jonghyun fell through the door. 

 

Talking for hours and hours, the boys fell asleep after a long friday. They had talked about a lot about Key and Onew mostly and a bit of Taemin and Kai. Jonghyun for some reason got choked up about Minho every time it came up, so he told them he was there to help them. The next day, Jonghyun and Onew had to go to their respective commitments and both had others on sunday so pretty much the boys could not see each other until the next weekend. 

 

Minho had a plan. 

Key didn’t have a plan. 

Taemin was confused as hell. 

Jonghyun was a confused blockhead. 

Onew was thinking. 

 

*time elapse to the next wednesday* 

 

Onew was super bored. It was severely thunderstorming. Taemin and Minho decided to stay at school and talk and eat. He had finished his term paper and decided to meet Jonghyun for lunch along with Sulli, Joon, and Victoria. Sulli was blushing hard when Joon was ordering for her. It was cute. Victoria...was Jonghyun’s new friend from his school. She was training to be a musician as well and was very talented and pretty, however, she had an enormous crush on Jonghyun, which made both Jonghyun and Onew and Sulli very uncomfortable. Joon didn’t notice because he was trying hard to be charming for Sulli. How could Jonghyun love anyone other than the frog prince? It was absolutely impossible to think of him being with anyone else, let alone a girl. Tori, as they all called her was very sweet, but with Jjong, she was very clingy and flirtatious. When Jonghyun met her, he didn’t know if coming out to her would make her uncomfortable, and he thought that it didn’t even matter, but now at this point, with Tori being flirtatious and all, he wish he had told her. Sulli and Onew kept giving each other puzzling looks. Most of the awkwardness between Tori and Jjong diffused when Key and Jessica and Sunny bursted through the door. Less awkward for Jonghyun, since he could go over to his brother and his friends to distance himself from Tori. More awkward for Onew. Sulli realized how uncomfortable this was for Onew so she sat next to him, along with Joon and tried to reassure him that everything was going alright and to not feel bad and to have fun. However, the weather was so bad, the lights out, completely dark...leaving everyone scared and confused. They were the only ones in the ramen shop because it was an early lunch. 

 

Joon, being protective, held Sulli’s hand. She wasn’t scared, but liked the feeling of his warm hand around hers. 

 

Onew got up and went to look for flashlights, asking help from the workers. What a good leader. But before the staff could go get the flashlights, BOOM. Shattering glass everywhere. The storm was now in full effect, ominous black clouds swirling, a street lamp had just crashed through the side store window, freaking everyone out. 

 

Joon was still hugging Sulli from the shattering glass. Is everyone okay? Key...Sunny...Tori? Jjong? Onew? Guys?! Ani...Joon hyung. Near the window, Jonghyun had been shielding Tori from the shattering glass, but some glass got in her hand, and the lamp actually fell on Jonghyun’s ankle. Jonghyun was swearing and sputtering with pain, his ankle bleeding and swollen, and Tori was freaking out, asking if he was okay, while wincing at her own wounds. Onew quickly got up and called the only one that could help at this time. 

 

He called Minho, telling him what happened. Minho gasped and yelled. Is everyone okay? Is Jonghyun okay? Are you okay? Is Key? Sunny? Sulli? Onew hyung!? Tell me!!! Jonghyun is badly hurt, and his friend Victoria has some glass in her skin. Please get the car and the first aid kit...

 

Onew’s phone died. He couldn’t even call an emergency number, and no one was walking around on the street because of the god awful storm. 

 

Even though Key wasn’t hurt, he was deathly afraid of thunderstorms and blood, so while Tori was cleaning her and Jjong up with napkins from the tables, Onew went over, sat, with his back up against the wall, pulled Key to him, and hugged him while his hair to comfort him. Key relaxed against Onew’s body and felt very safe with him there. Onew kissed the top of Key’s head, talking about funny things (i.e.: Minho) to make Key feel better. There was no awkwardness. It felt completely natural.

 

Sulli, Sunny, Jessica began to listen to music and Sulli pulled Joon over as well, putting one earbud into Joon’s ear, resting her head on his shoulder. Sunny and Jessica who knew Sulli and Joon very well both snickered and mouthed to Sulli how cute they were. Sulli and Joon blushed and then smiled, totally knowing that they were cute together. 

 

Back over to Tori and Jonghyun, Tori was busily trying to clean up Jonghyun’s terribly hurt ankle, crying..but not for the reasons one might think. Tori...you don’t have to cry...it’s going to be fine. No Jonghyun...I’m crying because, I’ve liked you for so long...and...no we’re here...and you...don’t you feel anything with me? Jonghyun felt terrible about Tori’s one sided love for him, but he could never love anyone else but Minho. Tori, you’re an amazing girl...but I’m not the one for you...I’m...g... Before Jonghyun could finish his sentence, Tori reached up and kissed him. Jonghyun could not even register what was happening and the kiss seemed to last way too long. Tori was reaching for the Jonghyun’s shirt to pull him closer when Key stood up from Onew’s embrace, fuming at Tori. Yah! Whoever you are! What the hell do you think you’re doing? A yell from outside was then heard. What the ?! That was then Onew and Jonghyun and Key looked up in the direction of the vicious voice, with words laced with venom and hatred and anger. Oh gods no. Please. This isn’t happening. Oh my god. No. Oh my god. Please. No. Please. Please. No.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

There they saw a furious Taemin in the car with the angriest eyes a person could have, and a tall frog, first aid kit in hand, soaking wet, with tears about to escape from his beautiful eyes. 

A/N: I almost cried when writing this. I hate writing anything terrible or hurtful happening to them. God. I'm sorry for the lateness of the chapter. I hope you are enjoying the story so far! :D Thanks so much!!!! XOXO