The Network of Matchmaking

Family Network

 

A/N: This is so overdue but I have studying and my good friend who I have economics, world history, and Hispanic studies with got me sick. Ah~ I had enormous amounts of fun writing this chapter. It is sort of going back to the happier mood the story has. I know the school story and some of the couple stuff was sad and serious but, it happens. Warning: not , but enormous amounts of Jonghyun and Taemin mischief as well as confusion. Also swearing because this is how I imagine the boys thinking when they are confused and flustered. This chapter includes thought processes of the characters including Kai, Joon, and Sulli. Also this chapter begins Wednesday morning at around 2 am. This is also the day the boys’ parents come home from their trip. Enjoy :D 

 

It was 2 am. No one in either house or the Seoul apartment could sleep which meant that Wednesday would be an unforgiving . 

Ok ok. He said...he ing said he would give his love tiger lilies. Then he goddamn gives me ing tiger lilies. He gave them to me. But what the hell came after? Nothing. Absolutely ing nothing. Damn Jonghyun interrupted because he had no one else to talk to because Taemin, Kai, Minho, and Sulli were all talking and Joon was talking to Onew about college. Onew hyung....he’s so perfect but too innocent. Taemin ing knows more about love than him! Key....Kim Kibum chill for a moment. Think about something else. Ok...um...lets see...I can’t meddle in Jonghyun and Minho’s love life, but those two idiots will never figure it out without a push. Starting tomorrow I will meddle. What else? KAI~ He his totally in love with Tae. My baby brother....I think he may like Kai back. I hope he will come to me about these things. If he goes to the dino who can’t figure his own out, I swear...I’ll talk to Jonghyun hyung after school. 

 

 

My stomach hurts so bad. I ate way too much last night plus I laughed too hard during the performance and afterwards with Joon. Joon dancing with Key was hysterical and oooh the blackmail pictures I have of the two. However...I didn’t get to sit with Minho! I love Sulli and all, but I was totally going to sit there. He looked so happy and adorable and handsome and carefree. He has dark circles, but he looked better. Also...what were Key and Onew hyung talking about....did he confess? No he probably didn’t. My confession is still in the works...what if Minho can’t wait any longer? What if he needs me now? Who the hell will ing help me out with this? Someone who won’t freak out...who probably knows Minho’s personality and mannerisms better than anyone that isn’t Key. Ah! I will talk to Onew hyung about my confession and double up trying to get him with Key! This is perfect! Onew will totally get it! Okay so when he and I go eat dinner we shall converse! 

 

Did I actually say that to Key? Did I really say I would tell my love I loved them by giving them tiger lilies? That....I feel like Key deserves something more dramatic, something more...I ing only gave Key tiger lilies and I meant that to be my confession...but I don’t know if Key believed me and then Jjong came waltzing in, feeling neglected...that puppy. Aish! I need someone else to talk about this. Jjong is great but I need one of them at home to help me with this....I’ll talk to Minho. Maybe my baby brother will know what to do...maybe he can make me feel better. I don’t have any afternoon classes tomorrow so I will take Minho out of school early....if I remember...he has math, textiles, and photography. Wait no...appa would kill me...um I'll take him to dinner! Why in the world would he take textiles...I think Key might of made him....he loves photo...ah...he can take photos of things later. 

 

Kai is so in love with Taemin. I know it!! God this is so complicated...and Sulli looking at Joon. Everyone is in love but no one knows what to do. Am I in love? Fine. I am. Kim Jonghyun...he...I love him! Jesus Christ! Ah god~This house is so empty! I miss Onew hyung. I miss Jjong hyung too. They left to attend college...but they don’t know how much I need them. Key is great for angry ranting...but we’re the same goddamn age and I don’t exactly feel as secure with his advice. I need my brother’s smile and laugh and clumsiness to make me feel better. I need him to stay up late and help me study and make me ramen. I need Jonghyun hyung to hold me in his arms and tell me everything is all right. And I know there’s something more...there has to be...between me and him. I need him to kiss my forehead and sing to me until I fall asleep. Should I call Taemin? I need to talk to someone, and I don’t want to wake the diva from his beauty sleep. Aish...I’ll talk to him sometime at school. 

 

Okay okay okay okay....damn our performance was so good and exciting! But...Kai. KAI~! The way he was looking at me...the way he called me hyung....the way he danced with me and blushed when I kissed his cheek. Does he like me? We have been friends for a few years and good friends too...has he always liked me? He looked...I have to admit...amazing in his costumes. He’s so handsome...my face....it’s so warm...aish! I’m going crazy! Omo! Minho hyung was watching! He totally knows....will he use that against me? I always ...would he get back at me? NO HE COULDN”T I AM HELPING HIM WITH HIS LOVE LIFE! I AM HELPING HIM WITH EVERYONE”S DAMN LOVE LIVES! I need someone to talk to that won’t tease me like Minho because I ...and he likes to get back at me~...hm....kyaaaa! Key umma-hyung will help me with Kai! Okay so tomorrow I will work on matchmaking and talk to Key. Good plan, Lee Taemin! FIGHTING~

 

It was now at least a normal hour...7 am. Everyone was exhausted from absolutely no sleep.

 

Today was the day their parents come home and that kind of weighed on everyone’s minds. Parents could totally help or they could limit their children as well. Well, Jonghyun and Onew could practically do anything they wanted to, but the three younger boys were still living in their parents’ households. It was a bit scary because now that Jonghyun was gone, who was often a trouble maker and a drama queen himself, Key and Taemin’s parents could put all their attention on them. This meant that their appa would try to convert them into sports lovers like Minho or try to bond with his more feminine sons that took more after his wife by going to the mall with them. Probably the only thing their appa had in common with Key was their love of cooking and the only thing he had in common with Taemin was his love of picking on Minho. (Minho and Onew were like his sons too and they were all very close, so it didn’t offend Minho that he and Taemin would gain up on him.) This also meant that their umma, who was a terrible cook, would make Key make her food because she loved it so much, or try to teach Taemin ballet moves to add to his arsenal of dance skills. (Their umma was a ballet dancer for years and was amazing at it too, however, Taemin often felt restricted regarding ballet moves and liked more freestyle and modern dance.) 

 

In the other house, Minho was by himself. Alone. Without Onew to drag any attention away from him. This meant his energetic appa would want to play football at every moment even if Minho had already had a long practice. (His appa played and coached so he was always so excited to watch his son play. The 24/7 play time though was often not possible because he tried to get Onew to play with them all the time but Onew wasn’t one for football and was super clumsy.) Their arrival back home also meant that Minho’s umma (who totally knew about Jonghyun’s love for Minho) would try to push the subject of romance on her son, hoping he wasn’t as obtuse as her older son. She wanted to gossip with her younger son because she felt she used to spend more time with Onew because Minho and their appa were busy with football. (She also totally knew that Onew and Key loved each other.) 

 

The parents were coming home around 8 that night so each boy had a lot of time after school to find each other to talk. The boys though, were all looking for the other person to talk to...

 

After a long day of school, Key went to his after school art class. After once again out shining the teacher and back seat instructing her, Key decided to go to the art center to pick up an assistant teacher application for an art class. This teaching opportunity could get him an internship at a prominent art and photography firm, which would be bound to have fashion components, which was what Key was truly interested in. After the art center, Key drove to his brother’s apartment, hoping that Jonghyun would be there, not Onew. When he walked to the door and banged on it, out came a nicely dressed Onew with his keys and a bag. Key was blushing furiously. Hyung, where are you off to? And where is Jjong hyung? Um hi Key ah. Onew then stubbed his toe because...well...he was looking at Key. I am off to go to see if Minho wanted to go to dinner with me because I needed to talk to him about something and I haven’t seen him much. We were then going to meet our parents for dessert when they get in. Jonghyun is actually getting a tour of that big recording studio so he will be back in a bit, I think. I have to go um...bye Key! Onew ran or rather limped out on the way to find Minho, so Key decided to stay in their apartment until Jonghyun came home. But little did he know that Jonghyun would actually be going to look for Onew after his tour, desperately needing to talk to him. 

 

When Onew got to his former house, he ran in looking for Minho. Minho ah! Where are you? Are you hungry frog? Minho was in his room trying to get ahold of Taemin who wouldn’t pick up his phone. Come on, Taemin ah. This is important! Little did Minho know that Taemin was not answering his phone because he was trying to get ahold of Key so he could talk to him. Minho ah! Found you! Are you hungry? I thought we could go out and later meet umma and appa when they get in. Sure...hyung. Do you know where Taemin is though? I really need to talk to him. Why does freaking everyone have to talk to one another? A hesitant Minho walked out with a confused Onew as they went to dinner. 

 

Jonghyun was finally done with his tour which he thought was awesome. He now had to find his Onew hyung. He figured, Onew probably wasn’t doing anything other than homework or tripping so he went back to their apartment. He walked in ready do gush all of his bottled up anxiety when he noticed that Onew was not on the couch, but his blonde drama queen of a brother. Key! What in the world are you doing here and where is Onew hyung? I need to talk to him! What the hell, does everyone have to talk to people today? Jjong hyung. I need to talk to you first. Will you listen to me? There’s a lot that needs to be... *bursting through the door* Jonghyun hyung! I need to know where Key umma-hyung is...oh!! Key umma-hyung! You’re here? Why? I have been looking everywhere~ for you!  Taemin ah, how the heck did you get here? I teleported here....*complete and utter silence* ...no I had Joon hyung drive me here because no one was around and I had no idea where Key umma-hyung was and I needed to ask you, Jonghyun hyung. I have a lot to tell Key so if you excuse me, hyung I... Taemin-ah, I need to talk to Jonghyun hyung right now, so you should ask someone to take you home. I’ll bake a cake for you~ Whoa. You two are not even who I was looking for...I need to talk to Onew hyung right now so I don’t have time for this. Key-ah talk to Tae. Where the hell is Onew hyung?? Just then Taemin’s phone began vibrating with calls from Minho. Yoboseyo? Ah, Minho hyung. Why have you called...um...20 times? Sorry Taemin ah, but I was trying to call you because I need to talk to you about Jonghyun hyung. *outside of phone call* Wait! Taemin ah why does Minho need to talk to me?! *outside phone call* Oh god shut up Jjong hyung! Wait...Taemin ah, you’re with your brothers? Aish! *outside phone call* Tae! What is he saying?! Hyung! *outside phone call* Hyungs! Please I am trying to talk! *rolls eyes, back in phone call* Aigoo Minho hyung, where are you? And where is Onew hyung?  He needed to tell me something so we are going out to eat now. I am in the car and if I put Onew on, he’ll crash the car. *outside phone call* Yah! Minho, you stupid frog, I am a capable driver! Taeminnie don’t listen to him! *chuckling* Minho hyung, where are you two going? Apparently we are all looking to talk to each other so maybe we can meet you there. Minho needed to talk to Taemin, but he also was needed by his hyung. He also didn’t really want the headache that was often caused when the Kim/Lee brothers came along. Due to the fact them three were extremely loud together, tt was basically a sure fire way to cause a commotion in any setting. Um...give us about an hour and come meet us for dessert. Our umma and appa are supposed to meet us and since you are coming, tell your umma and appa to come too. 

 

Onew needed to talk to Minho who in reality needed to talk to his understanding, younger best friend Taemin who actually needed to talk to his Key umma-hyung who didn’t want to admit it, but really needed to talk to his stupid dinosaur of a brother who needed to talk to his amazing Onew hyung. Since their parents were coming home anyway, the Kim/Lee brothers figured that they should go meet Onew and Minho after their chat. Jonghyun promised to sleep at their house because he only had one afternoon class the next day and he knew his little brothers needed to talk to him and each other. 

 

Anyway, back at the restaurant: 

 

Hyung...whats up? I should be asking you that. How have you been? I haven’t talked to you in a while...it feels likes it’s been forever. Hyung...you’re busy and all so I don’t want to bother you...besides I know you know our that’s going on at school and Key, Taemin, and I we’re doing fine. Key and I only have one more year after this...and Minnie...he has Joon hyung who is going to be an assistant football coach so he will be there and Donghae hyung of course, and Leeteuk...and Kai...and Sulli will visit often she said. Minho ah, you know you can come to me about anything. I am not living far away and if you need me to kick Jjong out so we can talk, I will. I don’t care if it is during exams, if you need to talk I can. I need to know that you are ok. I promised umma and appa. Onew noticed Minho’s sudden blush at the mention of Jonghyun’s name and figured now would be the time to talk about him and Jjong and then ask Minho about Key. Onew was taking a big step asking Minho about this considering Minho usually doesn’t like complex drama...but he was sorta in the middle of it...and Onew needed some advice. Minho ah, I know you are waiting for a confession. I know who it is coming from. I am afraid though, if you don’t do something first, he may never figure it out. Hyung...you know everything? Oh Hyung~ what do I do? I want him to love me so badly but I have so much going on and he may never ask me. Please hyung...help me... Minho ah...you should confess. I think it will work. I will kick him if he messes up...we sorta made a pact that he and I would help with each others....love...lives. Wait..has he helped you with your love life with Key? Minho ah don’t change the subject...and how the hell did you get to Key from me saying love life?! Literally, the whole world knows you two love each other...and it’s the shyness at this point isn’t cute anymore...you NEED to get on your confession because Key is sure not gonna wait forever...

 

It hadn’t even been an hour yet at the restaurant and in walked Taemin, Key, and Jonghyun. The Choi/Lee brothers sighed and looked at each other. They weren’t done with their conversation and their parents would be there soon. This wasn’t working out. Damn Key and Jonghyun for being invasive and impatient and damn Taemin who will follow whatever Key tells him to do. 

 

Before any of them could even open their mouths, the four parental units came into the restaurant, earlier than expected. While the two appas sat down at the bar and began talking with an extremely bored looking Taemin, Hye Min Umma, Minho and Onew’s mother was nearly choking Key to death with a century long hug, then moving to a scared but happy looking Jonghyun. As she was embracing her not actual son but mind as well be, she remembered something she had to do. She grabbed Jonghyun’s wrist and marched over to the bar to drag away Taemin. Min Young Umma, Taemin, Key, and Jonghyun's mother, looking extremely confused but chuckling at her hyperactive best friend drag away two of her sons, walked over to her son Key and gave him a gentle hug, then walked over to the two confused appas telling them that Hye Min seemed to have a plan. The three parents called Key, Minho, and Onew over to talk and catch up on their week. 

 

In the back room of the restaurant, Minho and Onew’s umma sat Jonghyun and Taemin down. Hye Min Umma, (they were all close so they called the other’s parents umma and appa as well) why are we back here? Taemin ah, I told you all to call me noona or something to make me feel young and beautiful again! Anyway...I know all of you guys are in love...but I feel like you two know how to sneak around the best. Key...he can’t keep a secret...and my sons...well Onew...that baby...he can’t go a meter without tripping over something...and my frog...well he is awkward....and I think a terrible liar. Anyway...little Jonghyun...I know you like my frog and I just need to tell you...you two need to be together now or I will lose all my hair. And Minnie mushroom....you my dancing machine...I know you have eyes for that handsome Kai and he likes you back. I am not going to lie, even though my sons and Jonghyun and Key would make adorable couples...I am a huge Taekai fan...so whenever you want to make your 2nd umma happy...please forever become everyone’s new OTP. Even though Minho is adopted...he definitely got my Sherlock skills. Anyway...you two need to play cupid okay? I want all of you to be happy. Also does it annoy you how long we have all been waiting for Key and Onew baby to be together? Because honestly... Jonghyun and Taemin were shocked that Hye MIn Umma...er...noona knew so much. She was putting so much trust in all of them to find their own hearts, but they did, as stupid teens and new adults, need a push, especially Key and Onew so tonight, there would be some Onkey matchmaking. 

 

After talking for a while and finally admitting that they both were in love, as well as sending Jonghyun out of the restaurant to get three walkie talkies even though the they all had cell phones, Hye Min sent them on a mission back to the front of the room. Jonghyun was in charge of pretending he had a stomach ache and that Key NEEDED to get him medicine at the convenience store down the street. He wouldn’t tell Key which medicine he needed so Key would have to be there a while. Taemin was in charge of guilting Onew into getting him ice cream from the convenience store, claiming that Key wouldn’t let him have any. This had to be done so they were not leaving at the same time and didn’t suspect that the other was going anywhere. This meant unfortunately, they needed to involve Minho and Minho’s appa as well. Although Taemin, Jonghyun, and Key’s parents didn’t know the specific plan, they thought this was all very entertaining. They found their son’s acting and ninja rolling under the tables really amusing. Thank god they were the only ones in the restaurant at this point. 

 

Phase 1: The Key Phase. 

 

Jonghyun walked out of the back room and clutching his stomach. This caught Key’s attention quickly and while Key looked annoyed, he also looked concerned. Key~ Ah! Er....please dear brother....can you go to the convenience store and get me medicine? My stomach hurts so bad...and...you are my favorite brother...so please~ *sweet smile* Even though Taemin heard the favorite brother statement, he figured that Jonghyun was playing around considering Taemin had to be everyones’ favorite. Jjong hyung! Ah...fine....I’ll be back...stupid dinosaur...

 

Jonghyun pulled out his walkie talkie and informed Taemin and Hye Min that Key was about to exit the building so they needed to enact their secret weapons...the Chois. Taemin, who had explained their plan to the father and son waved his arms like a bird to get their attention. 

 

Phase 2: The Choi Distraction. 

 

As soon as Taemin began flapping his arms like an idiot, Minho and his father sprung into action. They seized Onew and brought him to the bar and began drilling him about football and why he should play, and asking what his favorite player was. Onew had no interest in football so he was left sputtering to the point where he missed Key leaving in a huff to get medicine to his not actually sick brother. 

 

Phase 3: The Onew Phase. 

 

When the Chois saw that Key had left Taemin signaled with his walkie to Jonghyun and Hye Min that Key left and it was time for him to guilt Onew into getting him ice cream. Taemin prepared. He prepared his cutest face and even though he didn’t like acting cute...he knew it was for a good cause. Onew hyunggie~ Key umma-hyung won’t let me have ice cream~ I really want it. Please Onew hyunggie~ will you go to that store and get it for me? *batting eye lashes* When it came to Taemin, Onew was kind of a er for his cuteness. Um...sure...Taeminnie. I’ll go. Okay everyone! I’m going to get Tae some ice cream because diva umma Key won’t let him have any! Jonghyun, Minho, Taemin, and the parents all laughed and waved. After exiting the building Onew tripped on the sidewalk but got up and signaled he was okay, making everyone laugh harder at the clumsy and charming oldest boy. 

 

As Onew exited...they all sighed...hoping that everything would be okay...they needed to be alone. Jonghyun smirked at Minho which made Minho blush and turn away. The parents chuckled at how cute they would be together. Then...at that thought of all their sons’ romances, the four parental units turned to Taemin who was in the middle of drinking a large glass of bubbly juice. Why is everyone looking at me? Taemin’s umma, Min Young then spoke up. So, Minnie mushroom. How is that lovely Kai doing? Handsome as ever huh? 

 

Ah god! I had to write the worst in class essay today so I needed to brighten my mood by writing a lot more than I planned in this chapter originally. I love this chapter so much! I personally love Minho and Onew's umma. I don't know...I wanted to make MInho's umma contrast with him a lot and I wanted to show the similarities between the boys and their parents. There will be more interaction with the parents. I apologize again...if this chapter was a library book I would have to pay like $10000000 in overdue fees. But anyway...now that it is clear that all the parents are aware and Minho and Onew's mom is in on it...you will see some more of the parents. Also comment and tell me who your favorite character is and why and what you want to see happen with them. THANKS :D