Taemin's Eyes Are Opened

Family Network

 

The weekend passed. Holidays were coming up soon so there was a lot of stress for all five of the boys. Jonghyun was now an assistant to the vocal coach, on top of preparing for showcases and recordings as well as not having had yet confessed to Minho due to the fact that Minho was completely avoiding him. Onew was busy with his work and sang on the side as well, but also...with Key. Everything about their relationship he loved, and he was so happy when Key was around. Same went for Key...but when he was verbally harassed by bullies, called into the principle’s office on counts of being too “flamboyant”, and having Minho and Taemin to worry about, he missed Onew all the more. Minho was going through the motions, not really taking any interest in much. He rapped and shopped with Key when he could and spent time with Taemin. He called his brother to say hi...and completely avoided Jonghyun...except to wish him a speedy ankle recovery while running out to practice, and wishing him good luck on his next recording over the phone. 

 

Taemin. Taemin was burned out. He was not going to rest until his other hyungs were together...but he was tired and sad. 

 

Taemin and Kai had gym class that day. It was last period and they were playing handball, which Taemin enjoyed a lot. It was what was awaiting him in the locker room that scared him. He knew Siwon would be there because he seemed to know whenever he had gym. Siwon would never lay a hand on Taemin usually, and then call his goons to come beat him up, but today, Siwon was in a terrible mood and would be worse. And scarier. And now that he knew Key was dating the one person he hated most besides Minho, he wanted to target the youngest, to get out all his frustration at Onew. 

 

Kai usually got ready faster then Taemin, on a count that he did not care how is hair looked nearly as much as Taemin, seeing as how he had short dark hair, not in need of careful washing and drying as Taemin’s long honey hair. But he noticed that Taemin was uncomfortable while walking into the locker room. Kai, now having realized he was head over heels in love with Taemin, he wanted to make sure he was okay. He then peeked his head outside the locker room and told Taemin that he would wait outside until he was done. Taemin looked worried for a second, but reassured Kai that it was okay for him to wait outside. Kai walked outside, seeing Minho sitting by the balcony of the gym. He was a fast changer and had never seen Minho chilling out by the gym before at the same time as him, so he went to say hi. Minho felt a ton better knowing that Kai was there while Taemin was changing. However, Minho swore to Taemin that he would never tell Kai about what Siwon would order the bullies to do to him. Taemin didn’t want to worry Kai. 

 

Minho then looked down at his phone, getting a text from Taemin saying it was okay for Minho to leave because Kai said he wanted to wait for him. Minho patted Kai on the back. Kai, look after Taemin for me okay? He said he would be out soon. If he takes too long, go in and get him. You never know. Minho walked away but didn’t actually leave the gym building because he had weight training to do before lunch. Kai nodded. He was confused at what the hyung was saying. Never know what? Kai shook it off and continued to wait as he played Candy Pang on his phone. 

 

In the locker room: 

 

Lee Jinki, huh? That’s who Key is ing now? Taemin cringed at the vulgar language Siwon just uttered. He was furious. He wasn’t in the mood, especially at this time, to hear the poison coming out of Siwon’s mouth. Don’t talk about my hyungs like that. Key hyung and Onew hyung are happy together, okay? Please leave me alone. Siwon then took his fist and hit it against a nearby locker to intimidate the younger boy. Jinki doesn’t deserve Key. Key is just going through a phase. He’ll come back to me....but in the mean time...neither that or that er Minho are here to protect you, eh? Taemin was crying and angry, but his legs couldn’t move out of fear. No one calls his brother a , no one insults Onew hyung or Minho hyung. In the mean time...while I’m waiting for the to come back, you’ll do. You’re pretty Taeminnie. Very pretty. Siwon Taemin’s cheek and Taemin slapped it away, and then slapped Siwon across the face, leaving a red, angry mark. Shut the up! You don’t know any of us! You’re a terrible person, you . Now get away from me! You’re going to pay for that you ! Siwon then slammed Taemin against the lockers, running his hands up and down Taemin’s sides and touching him with a hungry look on his face. Taemin was struggling and never felt so sick in his life. He felt dirty, exposed. He felt disgusting. 

 

He then heard shouting. Running. Footsteps. Screaming. Didn’t know who or what. Swearing. Shoving against lockers. Taemin lost all his senses and fell to the ground, shivering, feeling feverish, dizzy. 

 

He then felt himself be lifted, bridal style off the ground, and felt the temperature change from the locker room to the gym building lobby. When he felt the person’s strong arms, he began to struggle, and cry, thinking it was Siwon, taking him away. 

 

He felt a warm hand smooth his hair and moving his head to the crook of his captor’s neck. 

 

He was set down a few moments later. The person had run very fast. He was on the couch in the school’s dance studio. He heard footsteps coming back into the room, and looked down, not wanting to make eye contact with his captor. He saw white Doc Martins. 

 

Wait. Those weren’t Siwon’s. 

 

Taemin shut his eyes tightly, trying to erase himself. 

 

Taemin, open your eyes.

 

The voice was soft, silky, comforting. Taemin wanted to get lost in that voice. He opened his eyes to a bruised Kai, worried, and panting, with a cone of water in his hand. 

 

Kai! It was you! You saved me! You...Siwon...he tried to...you were there. Taemin jumped up and hugged Kai, burying his face in Kai’s chest. Crying. 

 

Kai’s heart was breaking and beating at the same time. He held Taemin there for a long while. Saying nothing. He then took Taemin’s tear stained face and took a leap of faith. 

 

Taemin, I cannot stand here with you, watching you like this without feeling my heart break. My heart pounds so hard against my chest when I see you, it hurts. The dance performance, you kissed my cheek. I never wanted that feeling to go away. Taemin, I love you. I want to be with you. I had no idea you were getting this kind of abuse, but I will never let Siwon or those idiots touch you again. You make everyone around you a better person, and I am attracted to your laugh, your personality, and your confidence. I will always be there for you. Taemin...will you be my...

 

This was actually happening. Until the dance performance, never would Taemin have thought his best friend was in love with him and he in love with Kai back. 

 

Yes. Kai, saranghe. My best friend. You know I was going to confess to you, but you beat me to it and said everything i was going to say. I love you. 

 

Both were crying. 

 

Taemin felt himself lose all his sense of feeling when he felt Kai kiss him. 

 

The only thing he could do was stare at Kai scratching the back of his head nervously after he pulled away from the kiss. 

 

Nothing was more perfect then opening his eyes, after each blink, and taking in the sight of his incredible best friend and newfound boyfriend. 

 

Taemin’s eyes had been opened. He has seen the love that had been waiting for him. Although still scared and trembling over being touched by Siwon, he would never close his eyes in fear again because he knew Kai would tell him to keep his eyes open and be there to show him the way out. 

 

A/N: This is a chapter that is not super long, but I think says a lot. Taekai should be real in my opinion. But in all seriousness, I appreciate every view and subscription and comment. This has been more than I could ever have imagined. I loved writing this chapter. Please feel free to comment on anything going on in the story! Thank you so much!