Confessions

An Encountered Fate

Boy: Sorry I'm late!

Yoona's eyes widened a little. That voice... That voice has finally appeared after years.

 


 

Mr. Lee (teacher): Yoona-ssi? Hello?

Yoona: Sorry, what did you say?

Mr. Lee: I said, do you mind if you introduce yourself to eveyone?

Yoona: No, I don't mind. *stands up* Annyeonghaseyo, my name is Im Yoona and I was home-schooled since middle school. Please take care of me! *bows*

The class, even the boy who Yoona had looked at for being late, nodded and bowed. Yoona sat down, and started to look intensely at the teacher, without even thinking about listening to his lesson. Yoona thought, So we're in the same class huh? Wow, what a coincidence that is. Yoona finally started to listen to her new teacher until it was finally lunch time. 

Girl: Annyeonghaseyo, my name is Yuri! *bows*

Yoona: Annyeonghaseyo, I'm Yoona! *bows*

Yuri: So, do you like school so far?

Yoona: Yeah... except for the fact that people keep on staring at me!

Yuri turned her head towards my direction as her eyes bulged into discs.

Yuri: I know, right? I got the same thing when I first started here.

Without knowing, Yoona and Yuri became great friends and liked to talk to one another.

However, a boy whom Yoona nor Yuri didn't know at all, appeared in front of them.

Boy: Ummm.. Can I please speak to you?

Yoona and Yuri: Who? Me or her? *looks at eachother, then laughs*

Yoona: Seriously though, who?

Boy: Umm, you, Yoona.

Yoona: Okay...? *turns to Yuri* I'll be right back. *waves goodbye and follows the boy*

The boy and Yoona walked out of the classroom and into the hallway. The boy suddenly stopped and turned to face his body towards Yoona. Although it was faced her way, he was blushing and looking at his feet.

Yoona: So, what would you like to talk about?

Boy: Umm.. I... I like you! Please go out with me!

So it's a confession, huh? Yoona thought.

Yoona: Do you even know what kind of person I'm like? Do you even know my favorite color?

Boy: No..

She tried to reason with him.

Yoona: I don't even know you.

However, he tried to reason back.

Boy: That doesn't mean there isn't such a thing as "love at first sight".

Yoona sighed.

Yoona: Why do you like me?

Boy: Because.. you're pretty..and nice.

Yoona: If I were mean and vicious, would you still like me? Would you even date me if I were an ugly girl?

Boy: N... NO...

Yoona: I'm sorry, but the last word you said is my answer. *bows*

Yoona left the boy who was surprised at her answer. She was about to walk through the door when another boy came to talk to her. She followed him, and as it turned out, the boy confessed to her like the other boy did. She asked the same questions, which stumped him too, and rejected him before walking back to class. For the next 2 weeks, this repeated over and over again until the boy Yoona looked at when he was late the very first day she came, finally called Yoona out. At first, the boy said the first line like the other boys.. but Yoona reacted differently.

Donghae: I.. I like you! Please go out with me!

Yoona: *giggle*

Donghae: What's so funny?

Yoona: I'm laughing at how ridiculous you are.

Donghae: What? Why?

Yoona: *stops with a serious expression* Do you still remember your middle school years?

Donghae: Yeah... Why?

Yoona: Do you remember a fat and ugly girl you said you would never date?

Danghae: Yeah...

Yoona: Then, why are you asking to date me now?

Donghae: Wait... WHAT?

His face was priceless to her.

Yoona: I said, why are you asking to date me now? I thought you said you would never like me EVEN IF IT KILLED YOU.

Donghae was speechless. He didn't know what to say. He had no idea that the beautiful girl in front of him would be Yoona he had met in middle school. He had thought it was a mere coincidence that they had the same name, just like with the pile of books.

Yoona: I've got a question though. When did you start to have these feelings for me?

Donghae: Since the day you came her *closes mouth*

Yoona: Ahhh... So it's only been 2 weeks. Well, do you remember what I said if you ever liked me?

Donghae: N-

Suddenly, Donghae stopped talking. He felt something squeeze his heart and left knots when it had gone. What is this feeling? Why am I feeling this way? Maybe... No, it can't be... Maybe, I had fallen in love? IT COULDN'T BE...

Suddenly, the pain worsened and he thought, Is this what Yoona had felt? Is this what she felt when he had broken her heart? Since I yelled it in public, wouldn't it hurt more than what he was feeling right now?

Just as he thought that, a tear fell from his eyes.

The pain really hurts right now. If Yoona had felt this, how did she even bear it? If I felt this pain that hurts so badly from liking someone for only two weeks, wouldn't it have hurt more if I liked someone for many years already? Wouldn't I have felt like I died already?

 Now, all that Donghae could do was yell out these two words while crying.

Donghae: I'm sorry.. I'm sorry... I'm sorry!!!!

Yoona: So you finally felt it? No, you couldn't have felt all of it. Do you know how it felt? It feels about 1000 more hurtful than the feelings you have right now. Unfortunately, no one can do anything to fix it... All you can do is CRY and CRY... Hey, when we were in middle school, do you know HOW I fainted from lack of sleep? I had two things to worry about: the project and my CONFESSION to you! I had researched non-stop for a whole week and worried the next week. Do you know how many hours I had slept just to finish that stupid project? Do you? IT'S FOUR FREAKING HOURS!.. Four hours... Four... 

Suddenly, Yoona's eyes teared up at her painful memory she had remembered from explaining.

Yoona wiped away the tears that were about to drop and spoke again.

Yoona: Do you have anything to say right now?

Donghae: I'm... I'm really sorry, Yoona. I'm sorry, Yoona. If there's anything I can do-

However, Yoona talked over him.

Yoona: Please.. Please don't try to look for me. I have already felt too much pain from you and I don't want the past to repeat. Goodbye, Donghae. I hope this is the last time you and I meet.

Donghae: I'm sorry, Yoona. And.. goodbye.

As Yoona's figure left from Donghae's eyes, he fell with knees on the floor, sitting on his feet. He then sobbed silently to himself.

As 15 minutes passed by, Donghae slowly stood up and, with puffy eyes, walked towards the classroom, never bothering Yoona again.

 


 

Well, here's a sad chapter... I cried while typing it but I don't know if you guys will cry or not. I hope you enjoyed reading this chapter! Please subscribe and/or comment! Thank you! Bye~!!! :,)