Misunderstandings

An Encountered Fate

 

As the girls walked away from the unconcious Taecyeon carried by Nichkhun, they heard some shouts.

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU FAILED YOUR JOB?!" a girl yelled.

"SHHHHHHHH, BE QUIET!!!" a familiar voice hushed. And that male voice turned out to be Chansung.

Yoona's eyes widened, "It's Chansung," Yoona mouthed.

"I know," Yuri mouthed back.

Yoona pointed at the direction of where the voices came from, signalling if they should eavesdrop.

It only took a second for Yuri to agree because then, the female voice was heard again. "YOU IDIOTS! How can you miss the fact that the website had TWO PAGES?! Now you're saying they REMEMBERED?!"

It was a complete yes.

"Oh god," muttered the girl, "Now they're going to know I hired you guys..."

Chansung looked up, "Do we get paid still?"

Minjung looked at them incredibly, "Getting PAID?! Heck to the no! You FAILED! You were supposed to brainwash the boys and break the girls' hearts! It didn't even have to be that Nichkhun dude!!! It could've been just Taecyeon!!! I wanted Yoona to SUFFER!!"

"And why would you want to make me suffer, stranger?" Yoona asked as she came out of her hiding spot.

At first, Minjung was quite surprised. She didn't expect Yoona to pop out of nowhere. However, her anger was soon replaced, "Do you want to know why? You broke Donghae's heart. He started to be in love with you and his heart is broken. He thinks you don't forgive him. That's why."

Yoona raised her eyebrow, "And you know this how?"

Minjung face-palmed herself before tears threatened to fall. "Because I am currently his GIRLFRIEND!! But he speaks more of you to me than he does of me to anyone. It's all your fault that I ended up this way!!!"

Yoona's suspicion in her eyes softened, "Then why don't you break up with him?"

"Easy for you to say!!! You have a boyfriend and you're so happy!! He loves you and you love him. I can tell. And I can tell that I really do love Donghae, no matter how much we know of eachother, but all he talks about is you, Im Yoona, that's why I can't stand you."

Yuri smirked, "But that's not her-" she started, but Yoona looked at her and shook her head. Not yet.

"I understand but It's not my fault though," Yoona retorted, "He broke my heart in the first place."

"He's changed though, after he confessed to you. I've liked him for who-knows-how-long, but all he's talked about is YOU! He even says he can't love anyone BUT you!!!" she cried out loud. "How can you, of all people understand?!"

Yoona smiled, "Minjung, listen to me. How old are you?"

Minjung paused for a second. How could Yoona be so calm about this? she thought. "I'm one year younger than you and Donghae."

"I want you to know that I don't have a boyfriend. He really isn't who you thought he was. He's my best friend and he's the best guy friend I can ever have. In fact, I would trust him with my life. So, you're right, I don't understand, but I do know what it feels like to get heartbroken. However, I do know that revenge towards someone that was innocent isn't the way to go. I didn't even know he loved me until now and I got to tell you, I think I already forgave him. Even though he broke my heart, I got to fix my appearance and once I did, I got to experience such wonderful things in my life." Yoona started.

"Why didn't you just tell him that?" Minjung asked in a whispered voice. "Then he would've known you had forgiven him."

Yoona smiled, "I only knew that just a while ago. Even though my heart ached from heartbreak, I recovered from it... just like you might and/or will. You say you love him, but you have your whole life to figure things out. Do you really love him? Does he really love you? Ask that to yourself. Because I think you already know the answer."

Minjung whimpered, "I do know, but-" However, Yoona cut her off.

"Shhhhh, it's okay," Yoona stated promptly. "Even though you cased a bit of trouble for Yuri and I, I am sure that all four of us forgive you. You were jealous, huh? And that jealousy just took over you. It's okay though, I'm pretty sure you weren't like that from the very start. From the looks of it, you look like a cute, bubbly girl and I'm pretty sure that, deep inside, she's still there. Now, go through your mind. Ask yourself this. 'Has he ever genuinely stated that he loved me before?'"

Minjung thought for a moment, before her face softened and tears flowed from her eyes. "It's true, he's been tell me it recently, just after I call Chansung and Wooyoung... "

 

Flashback:

 

"Hey, baby" Minjung greeted flatly.

"Hey, babe," Donghae stated. "Do you want to know something?"

They were at the cafe, where they usually meet up. And Donghaw was awfully hyper than usual.

"Is it anything Yoona-related? You told me that about a bajillion times, I understand."

"No, it's not that. I was just wondering where you wanted to go. Anywhere. Just pick."

Minjung looked at him curiously, "What? Why?"

Donghae looked at her innocently, "What, I can't spend time with my girlfriend?"

Suspicion grew in Minjung's mind and, to take the safe side, she chose the park. "Perfect! I brought along a picnic basket with all your favorite food!!"

They got out of the cafe soon after and drove towards the park.

"Okay, what would you like to go on first?"

"The swings.."

"Okay, I'll push you!!" Donghaw dragged her to the swings and plopped her onto the seat. 

"Seriously, what's going on? What did you do wrong?" Minjung asked suspiciously.

"I just figured that, since I don't really do anything for you, I want to do something for you today."

"Why?" Minjung asked.

"Why?" Donghae repeated. "Well... It's because I love you."

Minjung's heart skipped a beat. "Wait, what'd you say?" She tried to turn around, but Donghae held on her shoulders. 

"Just stay still." Donghae stated.

Minjung did as she was told and waited. And waited. She was about to turn around again, when a chain slowly appeared around her neck. It was a simple yet beautiful necklace of a butterfly. He back-hugged her and gave her a kiss on the cheek. "No matter what I say, I really do love you, Minjung. Happy anniversary!!"

Minjung remained emotionless. What was she to do, believe him after the countlesstimes he said he loved Yoona more?"

"I don't believe you," Minjung stated which made Donghae tense. It seems he knew this was coming.

And that was when he twisted the swings into a cross, so that Minjung was facing him. He had a look full of sincerity as he leaned agains the swings so it won't untwist. "Look at me as I say these words, Minjung. I love you." And that's when she saw it. The sincerity in his eyes. Full of love and care. But, deep in her heart, embedded into her mind were the words he had spoken countless times. THOSE words made her feel suspicion, no matter how many times he said he did. 

All she could say was, "Well, I love you 100 times more than that. Happy anniversary!!" she yelled as she hugged him, scared that this moment might fade and he would say those cruel words he's always told her, indifferent to her feelings about it.

 

- Flashback Ended -

 

Minjung's eyes were all puffy from crying, after she snapped back into reality from her daze into the flashback world. "maybe..just maybe.." Minjung croaked, "he finally learned to love me more than you now."

Yoona smiled wider, "You see~? Falling into heartbreak hurts. I know, I experienced it. But once you get back up, and you see who's around you, you finally cherish the ones who stayed by your side the whole time. And I think Donghae learned that lesson just before your anniversary came. I think, now, he truly loves you more than me."

Minjung started to cry again just before Yuri started to smile, "Awww, you don't have to cry~ It's alright! We get it! Just make sure that, from now on, if you truly love that man, show some more trust and understang to him, no matter how tough the situation is. Love hurts, but what I think, love is also happiness."

Minjung sniffed. "Okay."

Suddenly, a voice was heard. "Minjung! Babe!" And that voice was identified as Donghae. "What are you doing here? I heard from my classmates that the new owner's daughter was here at this park, but I didn't think it was you!" He hugged her really tightly. "This is great!! We can spend more time together~!!!" he chirped.

As Donghae let go, he finally notice Yoona, Yuri, and Chansung. "Yoona? What are you- Did she cause trouble?" 

Yoona laughed, "Not much." She looked at Minjung, "Be happy, okay?"

Minjung nodded vigorously and gave Yoona a genuine smile. "Thank you."

"No problem," Yoona stated, "Oh, and by the way, your smile is really beautiful. Be your regular bubbly self, got it? And if you don't mind me anymore, let's chat in the future?" Just before she turned to walk away, she mouthed to Minjung, "He's serious. He's so chirpy from you than he is regularly."

Just then, Donghae turned that made Yoona act like she didn't say anything. "Yoona?"

"Yeah?' she answered as she put her arm around Yuri.

"I'm sorry about before. Do you forgive me?" Donghae asked with a sincere face.

"Pabo~" Yoona called. "I already forgive you from before. You should be saying sorry to your girlfriend over there. Do you see her eyes? You made her CRY!! You're really mean!!!"

"Were you crying, babe?" Donghae asked with a shocked face as he turned his attention to his girl. "Your eyes are really puffy!!"

"No, it's nothing~" Minjung teased before she saw him pout.

And at that moment, Yoona turned around and walked away with ease beside Yuri towards their rooms.

 


 

Well~ Since I'm editing this story, I decided to add a few more things to give it some awesome sauce. You likey? It's a bit different of how I made the characters talk in the rest of the story, but, you know, you can't do anything~

(but please don't hate me :< )

 

 

Heehee, thanks for reading~!! ^-^

1/19/14