Flashback

An Encountered Fate

- The Next Day -

 

Taecyeon: Nichkhun... Nichkhun... *knocks on door*

Nichkhun: Come in.

Taecyeon: Nichkhun.. Nichkhun?!

Nichkhun was still sitting on the floor filled with worry and fatigue. As Taecyeon layed Nichkhun on his bed, Nichkhun finally spoke more words after laying down for a moment.

Nichkhun: I finally remmeber. We DO know Yoona and Yuri. Yuri IS my girlfriend. You know Yoona because you have been her first friend in 3rd grade. You came back just for her.

Taecyeon: What are you talking about?

Nichkhun: I'm saying you know Yoona.

Taecyeon: How? I don't even remember her no matter how hard I try.

Nichkhun: I'm saying WOOYOUNG AND CHANSUNG BRAINWASHED US AND MADE US FORGET YOONA AND YURI!!

Taecyeon: ...What are you talking about?

Nichkhun explains it to Taecyeon. However, it has no effect on him.

Taecyeon: I have no idea what you are trying to make me "remember".

So, thought Nichkhun. Taecyeon's brain is as stubborn as his outside appearance. He just won't give in to the fact that he knows Yoona and let it make him remember. What do I do? Suddenly, something popped into his brain.

Nichkhun: Can you call Yoona and Yuri here? I want to talk to them but I am really weak right now.

Taecyeon: Araso. Don't get out of bed, you hear?

Nichkhun: Araso.

 

Taecyeon came back 5 minutes later with both of the girls.

 

Yuri: What happened?!

Nichkhun: I don't know. I was just opening your presents to me and then suddenly, I remembered EVERYTHING. I rememrbered that you really are my girlfriend and how Yoona met Taecyeon and how I met Taecyeon and how Victoria is my EX and-

Yoona made him stop by talking over him

Yoona: You remembered? How?

Nichkhun: Like I said, I was just reading your letters with some bits of the past and then I just suddenly remembered.

Taecyeon: I still don't get what you're talking about.

Yoona and Yuri look at eachother.

Yoona: *whispers* What are we going to do?

Yuri: Since Nichkhun remembered by reading the past, maybe Taecyeon will have the same effect too.

Yoona: But there's no special occasion to write a card.

Yuri: It doesn't always have to be a special occasion.

Yoona: Then what am I going to put? Hi, I just wanted to let you know about our past. Thank you. *makes a funny face*

 

Yuri: *laughs* True, true....

Yoona: ... If he doesn't read it, how about showing it?

Yuri: HOW? We don't have third graders who can reenact the past by memorizing all the words you have said in one go.

Yoona: True.... Let'e think about it when we are done with class.

Yuri: Araso.

 

- Class Begins -

 

Mr. Shin: Alright class, since we have been training you guys the work of a lifeguard, we will test if you have truly learned it. Remember, those who don't pass have to take it again until they don't have major mistakes, whatsoever. However, you only get 3 CHANCES. Your first try will not count. ARASO?

Class: ARASO!

Mr. Shin: We will now assign your positions...

 

--

 

Mr. Shin: Remember where you have to watch!

Class: Araso!

After the class barely said that word, a whole bunch of kids swarmed towards the waterpark. The class ran towards their positions and started to watch after the kids. Coincidentally, Yuri and Yoona were assigned positions near eachother.

Yuri: Are you seeing what I'm seeing?

Yoona: KIDS?

Yuri: NO NOT THAT! I see characters who can reenact that scene in 3rd grade! *smiles*

Yoona: They can't just simply memorize every word in 5 minutes.

Yuri: No, but maybe that child actress can! *grins then points*

Yoona: WHAT?

Yoona looked where Yuri was pointing. 

Yoona: Wah! That girl was in the new drama, huh?

Yuri: Yup! Ask her if she can do it! I'll even watch your position too!

Yoona: Araso. *walks towards the girl*

Kim So-Eun: *sees lifeguard* Annyeonghaseyo! *bows*

Yoona: Annyeonghaseyo! *bows* You're Kim So-Eun right?

KS: Yup! *smiles*

Yoona: So, what brings you here?

KS: I finished another episode for my drama and they gave me a break today. Since it was the summertime, I went to the waterpark to have fun.

Yoona: Oh. Listen, can you do me and that Unnie a favor?

KS: What is it about?

Yoona: My friend apparently got brainwashed by someone. He is my childhood friend but he doesn't even remember me. I want to reenact a scene from the past to trigger his memory and make him remember.

KS: Oh, really? He got brainwashed?? *feels a little pity* I'll do it!

Yoona: Really?

KS: Neh!

Yoona: Here's what you have to say. We'll meet you at that table over there and tell you more later.

KS: Araso. Annyeong! *bows*

Yoona: Annyeong! *bows*

 

--

 

Yuri: How'd it go?

Yoona: SO well! She said YES! *smiles*

Yuri: Wow! That's awesome!

Yoona: *gasps*

Yuri: What?

Yoona: I think I found our child actor!

Yuri: Where? *looks her way* Wah! That's Kim Bum from that choco commercial huh?

Yoona: Yup! When I watched that, I bought the chocolate right away... It was delicious!

Yuri: Chincha? Was it creamy like the commercial sa-...  WAIT, we're going off-topic!

Yoona: Oh yeah.. So, who will go? Me or you?

Yuri: I'll go since you went already.

Yoona: Araso. I'll be the one to watch your position then.

Yuri: Okay. Tell you the news as soon as possible..

Yoona: Neh.

Yuri: *walks towards litle boy* Annyeonghaseyo! *bows*

KB: Annyeonghaseyo! Who are you?

Yuri: My name is Yuri and I am a lifegaurd at this waterpark. Are you Kim Bum?

KB: Yes, I am. Why?

Yuri: Well, you see, I have a little problem and me and that Unnie need your help.

KB: How can I help?

(conversation continues)

--

KB: Araso. I'll try to keep this paper dry and memorize the lines.

Yuri: Komawo. Annyeong! *bows*

KB: Annyeong~! *bows*

Yuri: *walks back to Yoona*

Yoona: Kim Bum said yes, huh?

Yuri: How do you know? *surprised*

Yoona: I feel that kids these days are so nice to their elders.... They're not spoiled, you know?

Yuri: Exactly how I feel...

Yoona: You know, we might actually make Taecyeon remember! *smiles*

Yuri: Yeah! *smiles*

 


 

The whole class passed the test, easily. Nobody had to retake them and use their three chances. Everyone then went to the washrooms to change out of their uniforms. Yoona and Yuri rushed their changing since they had to arrange all the stuff before getting Taecyeon. By the time Taecyeon finished his changing, the girls were barely waiting outside the washrooms.

Yoona: We want you to see something for awhile.

Yuri: Yeah...

Taecyeon: ??? Okay.

Yoona and Yuri led Taecyeon to the tables. Nichkhun was sitting there, patiently waiting for them.

Taecyeon: Do you feel better?

Nichkhun: Yeah... I just had to rest for a few hours, that's all.

Taecyeon: Okay...

Taecyeon was being squashed by Nichkhun and the girls. First it was Nichkhun, then Taecyeon, and then the girls. It was almost like they were making him stay put and not move a single inch.

Taecyeon: What'd you want me to see?

Yoona: Just... wait for it.

Taecyeon: *silent*

Soon, KS and KB came in front of them. If they didn't have their hands held together, they would have looked like random strangers. KS was facing KB with a huge smile. KB, of course, smiled back, but had this sad expression in his eye. KS and KB stopped in front of where the four were sitting. As time passed, KS's smile slowly faded. Then, a tear rolled down her cheek. She tried to stop it, but it just didn't STOP. Next thing you know, KS is in tears, hiding her face, but still crying in front of KB. KB tried to comfort her as best as he could while she held tightly to him as if he were going to disappear into thin air in mere seconds. However, she thought something and let him go... slowly.

Taecyeon looked at this scene, as if he was wondering what the two were doing in front of him. He thought for awhile while he watched them some more.

Taecyeon: *whispers* Have I been in this situation before?

Yoona: *silent*

Taecyeon: *whispers* This is so.. familiar.

Suddenly, KS started to talk.

KS: Good.. Goodbye, Taecyeon.

Taecyeon: *eyes widen* Did she just say my- Owww, my head hurts... 

KB: Goodbye, Yoona... Remember our promise, okay? Just know I will come back for you.

Taecyeon: *eyes blink as if not believing it* What did he say? Urghh.. My head really hurts... Yoona, why'd they just sa- AHHHH!!!

Yoona: Taecyeon?

Nichkhun: This is how he will remember. Don't touch him!

Taecyeon held onto his head tightly.

I remember, thought Taecyeon. This was when Yoona and I had to part ways. When I got onto the airplane, I cried until we reached America. And I...

Taecyeon then lost conscious. Soon, Yoona had a worried look on her face.

Yoona: Do you think he will remember when he wakes up?

Nichkhun: It depends if the scene he had just seen was strong enough to trigger all the memories that were lost. I'll carry him back so you two go back to your rooms.

Yoona and Yuri: *looks at eachother and looks back* Okay.

As Yuri held onto Yoona's shoulders so that she won't go back, Yoona watched as Nichkhun and the unconscious Taecyeon walk back to their rooms.

 


 

This is chapter 17!!! :D I hope you guys don't get confused in this chapter. I hope you guys enjoyed reading this!!! Please comment! Thanks!