Her First Heartbreak

An Encountered Fate

Instead of going back to the classroom, Donghae went to the library. The library won't be cleaned until tomorrow so he will know if she stayed up all night or not. As he was coming closer to the table, he stopped. He looked at the pile of books on the table.

At first, he believed that this pile may really Yoona's. However, doubt soon appeared in his mind.

Donghae thought, Nahhh... It couldn't have been her. I bet someone just used the spot we were using for the project.

Without even looking at the titles, much less the inside of the books, Donghae left the room and returned to class. However, what he didn't know was that those were truly the books Yoona had read to finish the project. He also didn't know she spent several all-nighters just for the sake of finishing the project and impressing him.

The next morning, the atmosphere around Donghae was weird. He could tell at once since mostly all the girls would say good morning to him. Still, no one did. Instead, he could somewhat hear whisperings and giggling all around him. With some amounts of suspicion, he went into the classroom and sat down at his usual spot. However, instead of there being boring numbers to write down, there was a big heart with a picture and a caption.

Those letters were a scandal of Yoona and himself?!

Donghae resisted from getting angry and kept it inside for the whole morning. However, once his last class started, he nearly blew.

Donghae: Why are you in my seat?

Random Guy: All the girls told me to switch seats with you. Now, you're going to sit next to Yoona.

Donghae: What the HECK? I never agreed to that!

RG: That's why they told me to switch before you came.

Donghae: All right, that's ENOUGH! I am SICK of it! I AM NOT DATING YOONA AND I WILL NEVER DATE HER! EVEN IF IT KILLS ME, I WILL NEVER LIKE A FAT AND UGLY GIRL THAT SHE IS!

Yoona suddenly opened the door with a slam. Everyone, even Donghae, became silent. She calmly walked through the classroom towards Donghae, just inches apart.

Yoona: Even if it kills you? Are you serious?

Donghae: Ye... YEAH!

Yoona: So, even if I meet you in the future, will you come to like me? Or no?

Donghae: NO, I WON'T like you and I will even SWEAR on it.

Yoona: *mumbles* And to think I actually liked you for all these years.. *regular voice* Fine, have it your way. However, if you come to like me in the future, I just want you to feel EXACTLY how I am feeling right now.

Donghae didn't get what she meant. What did she mean? Does she.. like me?

Donghae: *smirks* What are you feeling right now?

Yoona: I feel like my HEART has been stabbed by knives and ripped into pieces by you.

Donghae: Why? Do you... like me?

Yoona: Yes, yes I did. For several years now. But I never would have known you would feel pride when a girl confesses to you. Yeah, I might as well say it. I like you. I really do.

Donghae: ...Wait, what?

Yoona: You don't get it? I LIKE YOU. MORE THAN A FRIEND.

Donghae: I...

Yoona: Save it. Hah, and to think I was going to confess to you yesterday. I'm such an idiot. I swear, even if it KILLS ME, I will never fall in love with you again. GOODBYE.

Yoona walked out, just like when she came in, and slammed the door behind her. Her classmates were merely speechless. To think a dramatic moment would just pop out of nowhere right now. Donghae stood there for a few more minutes in a daze, sinking in the information that happened just now. However, soon, he went back to his seat as the teacher was opening the door for class to begin once more.

As Yoona slammed the door behind her, a teardrop fell from her eyes. She slowly walked home thinking of what had happened.

- 20 minutes ago -

Yoona: Owww... my head.

Mr. Kim: Ah! You're awake! I thought you would have slept for a few more days.

Yoona: Where am I?

Mr. Kim: You're in the school doctor's office. Hello, I am Mr. Kim. *bows*

Yoona: *bows*

Mr. Kim: How're you feeling?

Yoona: My head hurts a little but I'm fine.

Mr. Kim: I'm sorry that you had to sleep here. I tried calling your parents but they wouldn't answer. I didn't know whether I should have brought you to the hospital or let you stay here. I couldn't decide, so I was about to think tonight. Anyways, why aren't your parents picking up the phone?

Yoona: They don't care about me. They went to New York and left me here because they didn't want me to be a nuisance. It's so weird how parents could be like that to their own students. They only visit once a year to see if my health has gotten better and if I finally slimmed down or not. But I got a question.

Mr. Kim: And what is that?

Yoona: How did I end up in the doctor's office?

Mr. Kim: Oh, Donghae was near the incident where you fell, so Ms. Song asked him if he could carry you here. He apparently did and I think there are rumors about it now.

Yoona: Oh? What kind?

Mr. Kim: Like how you guys are dating.

Yoona: Oh no... I'm pretty sure he won't like this. I need to go there before the situation gets bad. Donghae doesn't like me in the first place so he would really be pissed off by now since it's already the... afternoon.

Mr. Kim: Okay, you may go. You don't have a fever anymore and you got enough sleep. Goodbye!

Yoona: Goodbye! And thank you for taking care of me while I was sick! *bows*

Mr. Kim: You're welcome! You may go now! *bows*

 


 

Yoona cheerfully walked through the hallways. She was about to touch the door handle when she heard someone shout. Soon, she recognized the owner's voice was... Donghae's?! As Donghae shouted how he would never date Yoona, she finally heard enough. Her heart ached from Donghae's confession, which soon broke her heart into pieces inside. She knew she was going to blow from anger and heartbreak once she saw his face, but she didn't care.

She held her head up and quietly walked inside the room.

 


 

- Now -

 

Yoona unlocked her door and quickly went inside. She locked the doors and ran towards her bedroom. She walked clumsily towards her bed and sat down. Once again, her heart squeezed until she finally let herself cry.

Yoona woke up on her bed, still feeling sleepy.

She walked towards her phone and dialed some numbers. (YE = Yoona's Umma, YA = Yoona's Appa)

YU: Yobosayo?

Yoona: Yobosayo, Umma. Can I change into being home-schooled?

YU: Wait, I'm putting this on speaker so that your Appa can hear. What'd you say?

Yoona: Yobosayo, Eomma and Appa. Can I change into being home-schooled?

YA: WHAT, WHY?

Yoona: I just want to try to stay home so... I could become skinnier with more time in my hands.

She could tell they were speechless.

YU and YA: REALLY?

Yoona: Neh. I want to become skinnier, so I won't be a nuisance to you anymore. Then, you would be proud of calling me your daughter.

YU: We don't...

She talked over her.

Yoona: You DO. Anyways, can I?

YA: ... For how long?

Yoona: Until I reach college.

YA: 3 years?

Yoona: Yes. Even though it is a long amount of time, I promise I will become so skinny, you will even be surprised. I have a condition though.

YA: What is that?

Yoona: Please don't visit me until I have finished my whole development. I want to surprise you. 

YA: Fine. I will contact your school this afternoon. Goodbye.

Yoona: Goodbye! *bows*

As Yoona put the phone back, she literally jumped up and down. She danced from one part of her house to another. She can finally stay home instead of going to school.

Yoona went towards her closet and found comfortable clothes. She was going to go shopping!... for gym clothes. She went inside the mall and tried her best not to get the other clothes that were tempting her to buy it. She quickly bought the clothes before she couldn't take it anymore. She wore her new clothes and started run towards the nearest gym. However, when she finally reached the gym, she was too worn out since the length between her house and the gym is 2 miles. She went home and told herself she will try harder tomorrow.

Every day, as she got tired of just running to the gym, she slowly got used to it. Soon enough, it was like second nature and she could finally go inside the gym without being tired just from that. She first went to do some stretching. Her splits were close so she could achieve it soon enough this year. Daily, Yoona excercised and slimmed greatly the next year. Soon, another year had passed. She was  so close to her goal, she could almost touch it. Then, her 3 years were done... her hard work had payed off too because she now looked like this:

 

 

Yoona's parents decided to visit her once her time was up, wondering how she looke like now. Once they saw her, they were so surprised that she actually did it. She actually achieved to be a slim beautiful girl! Even though they were so happy, they visited her only half a year because they didn't want to waste a lot of money and they started to love New York. Yoona was fine with it because what she really thought would be exciting were her future college years. :)

 


Here's chapter 3! I hope you enjoyed the first 2 chapters! Chapter three was long but very interesting (for me at least). I hope you liked it!

A little present for staying to read it all! Thank you! I hope you subscribe and/or comment! Goodbye! ;)

(BTW there are 3 picture that move that are in the beginning, middle, and end. If you don't see it, refresh your page because mine works beautifully!)