Chapter 27

The Unwilling Wife

Sohyun's hands shook as she reached for the door handel. She held onto the door handel for a while and took a deep breath before pushing open the door. She gasped at the sight. She ran to his bed side and grabbed his limp hand.

"Penile" she chocked his name as she felt tears falling down.

"Oh, Penile" she said his name again as if expecting a reply.

"I missed you...so much...but I guess you can't miss me...since you are in coma and all" Sohyun babbled.

Sohyun ran her fingers through his hair and said "You look the same"

Sohyun looked at him for a while before rambling about her marriage with L.Joe and the contract. She held his hand tightly while telling Penile everything. She had spent two hours just talking to him, 

Sohyun decided she would go back home as it was getting late. When she go home she was greeted by L.Joe woh was slouched on the sofa while watcing T.V.

"Oh, hey" L.Joe said as he barely lifted his head to look at her.

"Byunghyun...can we talk...please?" Sohyun asked L.Joe.

"Sure" L.Joe replied.

"Byunghyun...have you ever been in love with anyone?"

He looked at her like she was nuts.

"Yeah" but she doesn't know

"Well, I am in love with a guy who has been in coma for three years...I'm so pathetic" Sohyun said as she placed her head in her hands..

L.Joe was shocked to hear it but he had to accept that she would never fall in love with him. He placed his hands around her and gave her a comforting hug.  

-o-

After that day Sohyun went to visit Peniel everyday. She would sit there all day talking to Penile...about L.Joe without even realising it. 

Sohyun sighed and thought about how it had been three years and no one believed he would wake up anymore.

Sohyun sighed.

"Sohyun...is that you?"

"Jen unnie?" Sohyun asked the beautiful woman who just walked into the hospital room.

"On my God, it is you Sohyun" Jen said as the two hugged,

"Unnie, how are you?" Sohyun asked her.

"I have been doing well" she said with a smile and showed Sohyun the diamond ring.

"Oh!" Sohyun gasped at the sight of the ring.

"We have got to catch up" Jen said and Sohyun aggred.

"Let's go get some coffee" Sohyun suggested.

They made their way to coffee place. They odered their drinks before sitting down.

"So?" Jen urged Sohyun.

"Well, I think we can start with the fact that you aren't the only one" Sohyun said befre showing her own diamond ring.

"OH. MY. GOD!" 

"I have to confess something though" Sohyun took a deep breath before pouring her heart about L.Joe and her marriage....although she left out the fake marriage part.

By the time she was done they had been through 2 cups of coffee each.

"Wow, you have had quiet a hard time" Jen said.

Sohyun could ony sigh.

"You are in love with him"