Chapter 11

The Unwilling Wife

 

She lay awake as she couldn't sleep no matter how tired she was. She didn't know what she was thinking when she got out of the warm and comfortable bed and headed towards the living room where L.Joe was.
L.Joe heard the bedroom door and wondered what was wrong so he sat up straight and saw Sohyun in the dark. 
"What are you doing?" L.Joe asked Sohyun who looked lost. 
Sohyun didn't reply because she didn't know what to say. Sohyun looked at him with lost eyes and L.Joe seems to understand as he lifted his blanket up and patted the sofa. There was no need for words as L.Joe understood.
Sohyun's eyes seemed to light up. She slowly walked towards the sofa and L.Joe welcomed her next to him. 
"You cannot call me a e in the morning" L.Joe told her as he wrapped his arms around her while she buried her face in his warm chest. 
"Just sleep idiot" she told him.
They were finally in comfort and were able to close their eyes.
Sohyun's heart raced as she felt warm and safee in his arms once more. His heart was also racing. He breathed in her scent. He couldn't help himself. 
Sohyun could hear his heart beat...it was as fast as her own. She wondered what that meant. She wanted to know but she was too tired as she felt her eyelids getting heavier. Sohyun felt L.Joe's hands caressing her face and then moving strands of her hair away from her face. She could feel his love but before she could think about it any longer she closed her eyes.
-o-
She woke up in the bed next morning. She wasn't too sure if what happened last night, really happened or if it was all a dream. She hoped it was a dream but deep down she knew it wasn't and she smiled at the memory...until she mentally slapped her for thinking of something like that. 
She got ready for the day and went to the living room to find L.Joe sat on the sofa with a lot of paper work. She hoped he wouldn't follow her today. 
He doesn't...and she doesn't know why but she feels a little bit sad and lonely as she makes her way to the beach.
When she reached the beach, she breathed in the air. Many memories came to mind. So many of them were with Peniel. She missed him so badly. She missed his voice, his touch, his smile...just everything. 
She walks towards the ocean, her shoes in her hands. As the cold ocean water touches her feet, she can't help but feel loneliness. How much she wished L.Joe was here with her. She couldn't deny the fact that they had a mutual attraction but it was nothing more than just attraction. She would have to put up walls from now on as she didn't want to make the mistake of giving into him again. 
She carried on walking along the beach. She wrote her name on the sand every now and then...L.Joe's name also appeared. She would watch the wave wash away whatever she had written on the sand and then she would carry on walking. 
-o-
L.Joe walked round the hotel room like a mad man. Oh, how much his wife drove him crazy. Speaking of his wife. Where the hell was she? Ii was getting dark and there was no sign of her yet. Why in the world had he allowed her to walk out on her own, he didn't know. He was ready to pull his hair out. 
Why the is she not picking up her ing phone? He said to himself.
Finally he decided it would be best to go and try to find her.
As he walked past the park he saw a figure crawled up in a ball on the bench, and all he could think of was his wife, alone and cold in the park. He ran to the figure and almost strangled the figure until he realised it wasn't her...he had almost strangled the stranger.
Before the stranger realised anything L.Joe backed off and carried on looking for her.
OK, think Byunhyun...if I was Sohyun, where in the world would I be in?
Something clicked in his head as she suddenly started to run. Without knowing his feet had taken him to the beach and there she was, sitting on a huge rock just staring at the lazy waves of the ocean. 
L.Joe breathed in as he realised how beautiful his wife looked in the moon light. His heart ached because he couldn't hold her, because she did not feel the same way as him. 
How much he just wanted to pull her towards him and kiss her all day and all night.