I knew it

Chasing Towards Paradise

Junah came downstairs with her wet hair. She took a long but refreshing shower before eating her breakfast. She was wearing short shorts and a lookse tshirt. Junah went to the dining room and saw Hyunwoo drinking coffee with his phone on his hands.

Junah halted in her walk.

"Oh, you're here." Hyunwoo slyly smiled then looked back at his phone.

Junah hummed as an answer then she sat down across Hyunwoo's seat. She took a piece of pancake then put some maple syrup in it.

"Have you seen Suho hyung?" Hyunwoo asked, breaking the awkward silence.

Junah popped the pancake on then nodded. "Ne. He said he's not going to be home for three days." she shrugged.

Hyunwoo raised a brow. "Jinja?"

Junah nodded. "Hmm."

While the two of them are in the midst of eating, the doorbell rang. 

"I'll go get it." Junah said and stood up.

Junah checked the window on the living room and saw a familiar car. She quickened her pace towards the door then she opened it.

"JUNAAAAH~!" Sulli throw her hands around Junah's neck.

Junah stood there, letting Sulli attack her with her bear hug. "W-Why are you here?" she asked, flabbergasted.

Sulli broke the hug then grabbed her hand. "Come on! Let's go shopping!" she chimed.

Hyunwoo stood up from his seat then headed towards the door. When he was on the living room, something caught his eye. He turned his head towards the window and gasped. 

There were two persons there. One was a girl and the other one was a boy. But the boy was showing his back. 

Hyunwoo's eyes widened as he pointed at the girl.

The girl shook her hands frantically then she pointed at Junah. Then, she mouthed, "We are Junah's friends!" then she put her finger on her lips.

Hyunwoo nodded once then looked at the door where Junah and her friend were blabbering things.

Junah turned around and the two people on the window ducked. "But I need to get my jacket!" Junah complained.

"Andwae! There's a jacket on my car! Come on! Or we'll be late at the party!" Sulli excused.

Junah looked at Hyunwoo then waved her hands. "I'll be back, Hyunwoo!" then they both disappeared.

Hyunwoo walked towards the door then watched Junah and her best friend stepped inside the car. Once the car finally disappeared, Hyunwoo walked out of the house. He went towards the other side of the house and saw the two persons hiding there.

The girl stood up then wiped a fake sweat on her forehead. The guy who was coolly sitting at the cold vinyl wood flooring looked towards Hyunwoo's way.

Hyunwoo abruptly stepped back as he silently gasped. *Is that... L?!* 

L was sitting there with his forearms on his knees. His hair was perfectly done and he was wearing black jeans, white printed shirt and a leather spiked jacket.

"You are...?" Hyunwoo asked while looking at the girl.

The girl grinned. "I'm Krystal! Junah's best friend! And this is L, Junah's boyfriend." she gigled.

L rolled his eyes. *Not yet, you girl.* 

Hyunwoo's eyes widened as he looked at L. "You are... Junah's... b-boyfriend?" he asked, shocked.

L stood up then forced a smile. He doesn't have a good vibes towards Hyunwoo. "Actually... Not yet." he eyed Krystal who was smiling at Hyunwoo.

Hyunwoo gulped that made his adam's apple bob up and down. He looked away then pointed inside the house. "Why don't you have a drink first?" he suggested then cleared his throat.

L eyed his rival. *Why is he so awkward?*

"Oh, sure! Thanks!" Krystal grinned then followed Hyunwoo.

L stuffed his hands on his pockets then entered the luxurious house.

He looked around the living room and saw picture frames on the mantel. Curious, L went towards it then picked up the first frame.

"Where's your bathroom?" Krystal asked.

Hyunwoo pointed upstairs. "Second floor, fourth door." 

Krystal nodded then headed upstairs.

Hyunwoo turned his head and saw L examining one of the picture frame.

"That's Junah's mother." Hyunwoo said then sat down at the modular sofa.

L turned to look at him then nodded. He put the frame back on the mantel and noticed another picture. It was Junah with another guy. L picked it up curiously.

"Who's this?" L asked Hyunwoo.

Hyunwoo looked up then smiled. "That's her stepbrother, Suho hyung."

L raised a brow. "Stepbrother..." he muttered to himself.

Hyunwoo smirked. "Don't worry. They treat each other as siblings." 

L looked at him as if he read his mind. L put the frame back then made his way towards the sofa. He sat on the other side then he crossed his legs.

"Do you live here also?" L asked.

Hyunwoo looked at him then shrugged. "Yes."

L uncrossed his legs, then rested his elbows on his thighs. "Can I ask you something?" 

Hyunwoo nodded. "Sure."

"Do you like Junah?" L asked starightforwardly.

Hyunwoo stiffened. He uneasily squirmed on his seat then averted his gaze towards the mantel. "What's with that question?" he smirked.

L smirked back then leaned back on his seat. "Answer my question."

Before Hyunwoo could answer, Krystal came back. She sat down on the couch then looked between the two boys who were staring at each other. 

"What's the matter?" she asked, curious.

Hyunwoo looked at her then smiled. "It's nothing. Come on, I'll take you guys to Junah's room if you want." he suggested.

Krystal's face lit up. "Sure!" she stood up then headed towards the stairs.

The two boys stood up then glared at each other before walking upstairs.

*I knew it.* L thought.