I don't want you to care

Chasing Towards Paradise

It was almost 10 in the evening, but Junah isn't home yet. She's been coming home late for the past few days, and only Woohyun, Hoya and L are the only one who notices this.

All INFINITE members were already asleep, except for L. He's been waiting for Junah to come back home. L's afraid that she might got kidnapped or something. Or, maybe her step father already found her. L shook his head then stared at the night sky.

"Where the hell are you, Junah?" he whispered to himself.

Just then, L heard the front door opened. He quickly went to his bed then pulled the blanket to his body. 

Junah opened the room of the door, exhausted, drained and really sleepy. She gently closed it then yawn. *I really need to sleep.* She put her bag beside the bed then she sat down.

Junah rested her palms on either side of her then rotated her neck with eyes closed. 

"It's been a long day, huh?"

Junah's eyes fluttered open and she stared at L with wide eyes, "You're still awake?" she asked.

L sat down then shrugged, "I've been worried." he muttered.

Junah choked, "O-Oh."

L realized what he said then he cleaned his throat, "Anyway, where are you going this times?" he asked.

Junah shrugged, "School."

L smirked, "Schools are closed this times."

"Really? But mine's open." Junah protested.

L stood up then sat down beside Junah. Her eyes widened as she slightly leaned his head back. L smirked then leaned down to her, "My cousin's studying there." he whispered.

Junah looked away then bit her lower lip. *Eotteokhae?*

"Now tell me, sweetie. Where are you going this time?" L asked.

Junah cleared , "Work." she muttered.

L looked at her, "Work? As in, you're working?"

"Yeah."

"Where?"

"At the family mart near us." Junah said.

L sighed, "Quit that job."

Junah looked at him with wide eyes, "What? No way! I just started working!" she hollered.

"Ya! I'm sleeping!" Sungyeol complained then covered his ears.

Junah looked up then back to L. L sighed then looked at her, "Just quit. Please."

"No! I can't. It's my job. I can't just leave it there." Junah shook her head in dismissal.

L grasped both of her shoulder, making her look at him, "Stop. I don't want you to go home late. I don't want you to have bags under your eyes. I don't want you to-"

"I don't want you to care..." Junah bit her lip.

L stared at her with wide eyes, "What?"

"Come on. Just this time, Myungsoo oppa. I want to experience real life. I want to support and take care of myself." Junah looked at him, "Please... This is my job." she whispered.

L stared at her. Junah bit her lip then slowly removed L's hands from her shoulder. Then, she tiredly smiled at him, "Go to sleep now, L oppa. Goodnight." she lied down then faced the wall.

L stood up then stared at her back. *Junah, do you mean everything you say? You don't want me to care?* He sighed then lied down on his bed. He stared at her before turning around.

"Fine. I'll do this thing just this time." L whispered to himself.

*But if I see you getting tired of that job, I'll let the manager let you quit.* He thought before drifting to a deep slumber.