Step dad

Chasing Towards Paradise

"SONG JUNAH! YOU LAZY GIRL! GET YOUR ING DOWN HERE!"

Startled, Junah looked up from her notes then bit her lower lip as she stood up. Although she already know what's going to happen, her heart kept beating fast as it's going to jump out from her chest anytime. 

Junah silently cleared then stepped out from the stairs. One of the maid, that was the same as her age came to her with worried eyes. 

"I can do it for you, Junah." she said.

Junah smiled then shook her head. "It's okay. He's the one who called me." she gave her an assuring nod then walked towards her step dad.

Of course, the sight of cigarettes, liquors and messy chips were there. And of course, her step dad was there, drinking another bottle of beer.

"YA! CLEAN THIS !" he yelled while pointing at the table full of his mess.

Junah walked over the table with head lowered. She stooped down then gathered all the bottles, cigarette stubs and untidy chips. Her step father tilted his head then grabbed Junah's chin with full of force, that made her fringe scatter all over her face.

"Why do you have that straight face?" he boredly asked while tilting her face left and right. 

The maid was about to stop him but stopped herself when he suddenly smacked Junah's face.

Junah's eyes widened and a tear fell from her eye. She touched her right cheek and she can still feel the heat. *This is ing too much.* She gritted her teeth.

"Oh, so you're going to save yourself now?" her step father took a step towards her.

Junah abruptly stepped back while still holding her cheek. 

Her step father looked at the maid with piercing eyes. "Get your ing out of here." he said.

The maid opened but was stopped by him. "NOW!" he yelled.

The maid take another look at Junah then ran away, or else, she's going to be punished too.

Junah turned her head then looked over her shoulder.

"No one's going to save you now." her step father took another step towards her.

Junah bit her lip. Then suddenly, her step father wrapped his left arm around her waist. Junah gasped and she looked to her left and right.

"I've been waiting for this moment to come." her step father whispered to her ear.

Junah shuddered from his hot, stinky breath. She gritted her teeth as she closed her eyes really tight. Her step father leaned down then smelled her neck.

"You smell good." he whispered.

Junah sobbed really quiet. Her step father attacked her neck which made Junah cry more. But before anything happens, Junah shoved him really hard that made him stumble two feet away. Her step father looked at her with fierce gaze.

"WHAT THE ?!" he hissed then walked her.

But before he could do anything, Junah bit her lip then smacked his face really hard. Her step father stopped then looked at her, like he was making a hole all through her body.

"You better run now or you'll regret everything!" he yelled.

Junah's eyes widened and she immediately ran upstairs with all of her might. Her heartbeat was really hard and she don'y have any breath to breathe already. Her step father was walking behind her, waiting for her to arrive at her room.

When Junah arrived at her room, she locked the door then turned around. She lifted up the mattress then quickly grabbed her luggage. Well, she has this thing under her bed for many weeks now just in case she wanted to run away. 

Junah opened it then quickly put some of her notebooks and school needs. After that, she zipped it again the looked around. And then, a loud bang from her door came.

"I'm here Junah. Come out already."

Junah started sobbing. But she doesn't have any time for it. She grabbed her luggage that full of her clothes then dragged it towards her window. Before she could go out, she looked back then go to her drawer. She opened it then quickly grabbed her money.

"Junah. Open this ing door."

Junah looked at the door then back at the window. She opened it then she stepped out. After that, she grabbed her luggage, then threw it on the bushes. 

Junah climbed down from the stairs. When she stepped on the ground, she grabbed her luggage then ran towards their gate. She looked back at the house before running away.

*I'm sorry, mom. I can't protect this house anymore.* Junah thought then ran away with her luggage.