Meeting Her

The Almighty King's Watch

 

*Park Yunhee’s POV*

The next few days, it was the same routine whereby I was asked to fetch Jiyong from the dorm, stay and watch Big Bang practice before sending him back. Those car trips were a little awkward but he always tried to make conversation which I was thankful for. Unlike how he would ask Namguk oppa to do things for him, he never asks for me to do anything, leaving me to wonder why he was being so nice to me. Whenever Namguk oppa asks him to delegate some duties to me, he would always shake his head before doing it himself or insisting Namguk oppa do it for him. I was beginning to like my job although I had nothing to do. But all that didn’t matter for I was working with my number one bias, G-Dragon!

Today, it was the same routine as every other day and Taeyang’s manager was asking everyone what they wanted for dinner when Taeyang stopped him.

“You can get for everyone else. The five of us have special lunchboxes waiting,”Taeyang smiled his eye smile.

“Delicious lunchboxes!”Daesung nodded in agreement.

“Ah…, I see,”Top’s manager nodded his head as if he understood what was going on.

He turned around to survey the room before landing his eyes on me.

“What about you, Yunhee sshi? What would you like to eat?”he asked.

“Oh! She doesn’t need one as well!”Jiyong exclaimed.

“She doesn’t?”Top asked.

“Nope, she gets a special lunchbox too,”Jiyong smiled at me.

And I felt my heart flutter as I smiled back.

“Wow, you’re really mean,”Daesung scrunched up his face.

“Yeah, how can you get noona to make extra food?”Seungri argued.

“Stop calling her noona. She’s only two years older than you,”Top frowned.

“But I prefer calling her noona,”Seungri stood firm.

In that instant, there was a knock on the door and everyone turned to look. The door opened and a girl who had long curly blonde hair walked in. But she wasn’t a foreigner. Just a Korean who dyed her hair blonde. She was dressed in a knitted top with a collared long sleeve shirt underneath and jeans with a pair of vans.

“NOONA!”Seungri exclaimed.

“Shinae ah!”Taeyang greeted her with a big hug and took the paper bag that she was holding from her.

“Hello everybody! I’m sorry that I couldn’t cook for everyone,”she bowed.

“Nah, it’s okay. You all have fun here then. The dancers and managers shall go out to eat,”Taeyang’s manager smiled at her.

“Shinae ah, come over!”Daesung motioned for her to come over.

“Yunhee, I’ll introduce you to her, come,”Jiyong smiled as I followed him.

“Hey,”Shinae greeted him.

“Hey to you too. This is Park Yunhee, my new personal assistant. Yunhee, this is Min Shinae, my friend,”Jiyong introduced.

I bowed and said hello to the girl who did the same to me. Although she was shorter than me, I felt rather small in front of her. There was just something about her big bright sparkling eyes that made me nervous.

“Let’s sit down and eat,”Jiyong gestured to the floor.

We all sat down and Shinae began giving out lunchboxes with the help of Taeyang. Throughout dinner, everyone was chatting and laughing except for Jiyong who was really quiet. And I wondered what had happened to him. Since he was sitting beside me, I glanced a little at him, trying to figure out the problem. He felt someone’s eyes on him and he turned to find me looking at him. All he did was smile before turning away.

“No, it wasn’t like that!”Taeyang shook his head.

“Really?!”Shinae asked, as if challenging him.

“Really!”Taeyang said firmly.

“But weren’t you…,”but Taeyang cut her off by covering completely, causing her to smack his hand.

“Noona, give up. Taeyang hyung has a lot of muscles. You are no match for him,”Seungri laughed.

But Shinae didn’t give up and began tickling Taeyang, causing him to let go and laugh.

“Youngbae ah, you really shouldn’t be messing around with me. You haven’t learned your lesson, huh?”Shinae shook her head while laughing.

“Shinae has been our friend even before our debut! Youngbae hyung and her know each other longer though, when they were 12? But of course, that’s nothing compared to Jiyong hyung. They were best friends since they were 9,”Daesung revealed.

Best friends? They didn’t seem too much like best friends though. Jiyong was awfully quiet ever since she appeared and they didn’t talk to each other except when they greeted each other.  I watched as Shinae played with Taeyang with Top as her back up.

“Alright, I give up! YOU WIN! AISH!”Taeyang shook his head as he ruffled her hair.

“HA!”Shinae grinned at her victory and laid her head on his shoulder, all tired.

The two of them looked rather compatible, actually…

*End of Park Yunhee’s POV*

*Start of Shinae’s POV*

“Stay and watch us practice,”Top demanded and I had to agree before he lifted me up in an attempt to scare me again.

Once was enough and I didn’t want to try it ever again. So, I stayed and sat beside Jiyong’s personal assistant whom was just like what he had described. An ice queen. She had made no attempt to talk to me and I wasn’t really comfortable with it.

“Hey, want to go out and get drinks for the guys?”I asked.

I had found out that we were of the same age, with her being older by two months since I was a November baby. She turned to look at me. The eyeliner that she drew had made her eyes a little bigger and her stare pierced into my eyes. But I held onto her gaze and smiled.

“Okay,”she nodded.

We told the managers where we were going and when I was about to walk off, Jiyong looked at me before mouthing to me, asking me where we were going. I signaled that we were going to buy drinks before he smiled at me and I couldn’t help but smile back. When we went off to buy drinks, there was this awkward silence between us.

“So, er, how’s your new job coming along for you? Used to it yet?”I asked.

I knew that she hadn’t much to do since Big Bang was just busy practicing everyday and knowing Jiyong and his gentleman manners, he wouldn’t let a girl do things for him. But there was nothing much I could talk to her about so, I’ll just use that to break the ice.

“I guess it’s alright. I’ll get busy when they are finally making a comeback,”she said.

And that was it. There was no attempt in asking me about my job or anything but I was determined not to let it get to me.

“Was my lunchbox alright for you? I didn’t know what you like so I just cooked whatever I usually cook for the boys,”I gave a sheepish grin as we walked out to the convenience store.

“Yes, thank you. It was really good,”Yunhee nodded her head.

We entered the convenience store and began looking for drinks to bring back to the boys and manager but seeing as how clueless she looked while standing in front of the fridge, I decided to help her out a little. I started off with what the managers like and moved on to the liking of the dancers.

“Jiyong likes this vitamin drink. Any flavor will do for him,”I reached out to get it before moving onto the other members.

“You sure know a lot about them,”Yunhee commented.

“Well, I visit once in awhile,”I let out a laugh.

When we went back, they were done with practice for the day and we gave out drinks before the dancers left. Jiyong had stood up to walk over to his bag, rummaging through it, as if looking for something. I hurriedly walk over and place my hand on his.

“Leave it. My treat,”I smiled at him.

As I have guessed, he was already holding onto his wallet, ready to pay me back for everything.

“I knew that you would be the one paying for it,”Jiyong smirked.

I simply smiled. We sat down for awhile for the boys to cool down before Jiyong look up at me, glancing at me a little. He then turned back to face the guys.

“I’ll get going first,”Jiyong announced as he stood up.

As if on cue, Yunhee stood up as well, all ready to drive him home.

“Yunhee, you can go home and rest early. I’m not going back yet,”Jiyong gave her a charming smile.

All she did was nod and smile back before starting to pack up.

“Let’s go,”Jiyong pushed me gently and I held up my hand for him to pull me up.

“Enjoy your supper!”Daesung called out.

“You all worked hard. Have a good rest,”I smiled and waved.

“See you all,”Jiyong did a peace sign as the both of us walked out.

*End of Shinae’s POV*

End of Chapter

DarkAngel