Apology Accepted

The Almighty King's Watch

 

*Park Yunhee’s POV*

With trembling hands and feet that wouldn’t stay still, I ran around the whole of the backstage of SBS, retracing my steps. I searched the female toilet where I had been to, in hopes of finding the watch. I was about to go crazy when I came out of the toilet, with no findings. I felt another round of tears coming up when footsteps was heard. Not wanting anybody to see me in this pathetic state, I hurriedly blinked back my tears and looked up to see Taeyang. His eyes widened when he saw me and he quickened his pace.

“I was looking all over for you. Jiyong found the watch. Our stylist accidentally kept it,”he informed me.

Hearing that the watch has been found, a sigh of relief escaped before I felt my legs slowly losing strength.  Slowly sinking down, I sat down and leaned my head against the wall. My energy had been drained and I couldn’t stand anymore. All the tension that was trapped in my body had been released.

“Yunhee sshi, are you okay?”Taeyang squatted down to meet my eye level.

I merely shook my head before resting my forehead on my knees.

“I heard what happened from Seungri. Jiyong was a little harsh on you. I’ll apologise on behalf of him. He was just anxious. I’m sure he didn’t mean anything he said earlier on…,”Taeyang comforted me in a soothing voice.

“He…was so scary…,”was all I could bring myself to mutter.

“I could imagine,”he nodded his head before sitting next to me.

“But I don’t get it…Shinae and him didn’t look very close at all…,”I was confused.

“That’s because the both of them are too shy to show their affection with each other in front of us. But if you observe them carefully, you would have caught Jiyong looking at her almost every minute. And the things that Shinae does for Jiyong…its way beyond what you can think of,”he replied.

“If he was that concerned over her, why didn’t he stick to her at the club the other day? Shinae told me she hated those places,”I asked.

“To cut the long story short, Shinae is really insecure and she feels scared sometimes. She had feelings for him ever since they were in high school but Jiyong hadn’t noticed. She was just haunted by her own past and whenever she is reminded by it, she would push him away,”he explained.

“Why didn’t Jiyong ask her to be his girlfriend then?”I asked again.

“I’m not too sure as well. He always seems so hesitant whenever we urge him to. Maybe it’s cause they have been best friends for so long that he’s afraid that it might break their friendship? I don’t know…,”Taeyang shook his head.

I nodded my head, letting it all sink in. For a moment, I thought I’ll be heartbroken after hearing this news. But surprisingly, I felt…nothing. Sure, I was sad but definitely, not depressed. I guess my feelings for G-Dragon was less than what I thought it was. I merely got caught up in the adrenaline rush in being close to the idol that I adore. It was nothing compared to what Shinae was feeling.

“Oh! Youngbae!”

I turned to look to find Shinae.

“Have you seen…oh, Yunhee! There you are! I’ve been looking all over for you,”she ran over.

Shinae looked at me and I felt myself getting small in front of her. I knew she wasn’t ordinary the first time I met her. She had the ability to look into people’s soul and read my expression despite my hardest to hide everything.

“Are you alright? He must have scared you…that idiot,”she mumbled the last part, obviously referring to G-Dragon.

“I’m alright…now. Thanks to Taeyang here,”I gestured towards the guy beside me.

He simply gave me an eye smile.

“Shall we head back now? Everybody’s waiting for us so we can leave to grab some food,”Shinae gave me a reassuring smile.

I nodded my head and stood up with her help. All the way back, Taeyang walked in front, leading us back to the resting room. Shinae walked alongside me and had her arm round my shoulder, glancing at me once in awhile to make sure I was okay. Taeyang opened the door to the resting room. The rest of the members were huddled close together with G-Dragon resting his on the back of the sofa. He looked up at the sound of the door opening and we locked eyes. Unable to face him, I quickly looked away. Shinae must have seen what happened for she squeezed my shoulder a little to let me know she was just there. I couldn’t be more thankful for her presence.

As I kept looking down, I felt the light being blocked and someone’s shoes near mine. I knew who it was before lifting my head. But I didn’t really feel like facing the music from him again and desperately wanted to get out. I was about to pray for a savior when Shinae stepped in.

“We’ll talk later. Let’s go for lunch first,”Shinae said in a firm tone towards G-Dragon.

A tone that I have never heard her use. As if being under her magic, G-Dragon backed off and went to grab his belongings. Instead of hanging around or comforting him about the loss of his watch earlier on, she stuck close by me, even choosing to sit next to me in the van. All the while at the restaurant, Shinae sat next to me and insisted I eat. I wasn’t really hungry but she wouldn’t hear of it.

“If you don’t eat now, you’re going to faint later on,”she gave me a firm glance.

Just like G-Dragon, I complied with her ‘order’. This Shinae was something and I hadn’t even noticed it. She was gentle and an introvert sometimes but she exudes an intimidating aura when need be.

“Alright, let’s go,”Namguk oppa clapped his hands to get our attention.

“Shinae!”

I heard G-Dragon call out to her and she turned around. He came between us and gave me a sideway glance before fixing his gaze on her. He started mumbling something to her and she looked a little at me before nodding her head. She gave him a pat on the back before he walked off towards the van. Upon reaching the dorm, all the other four members went back into their respective rooms and I knew it was finally time to face the leader. The whole room felt stuffy and Shinae made me sit on the sofa, with her right next to me. G-Dragon was pacing up and down in front of the coffee table.

“Ji, she’s waiting for it,”Shinae called out to him.

“Right…, I know…,”he nodded his head and sat down on the armchair next to the sofa.

He lifted his head up slowly, making eye contact with me.

“I’m sorry, Yunhee. I shouldn’t have been so harsh on my words. I should have think before speaking earlier on. Shinae gave me a good thrashing earlier on when she found out what I said to you and I really regretted my every word. I hope you forgive me and that we can stay friends,”he bowed his head in an apologetically manner.

“I’m sorry for losing your watch too. I should have been more careful…,”I bowed as well.

“Alright, so everything’s over, okay? No hard feelings?”Shinae looked at me then at G-Dragon.

G-Dragon looked up at me and stretched his hand out for a handshake. Carefully, I stretched mine out to shake it. When we let go of each other’s hands, G-Dragon immediately turned to look at Shinae and that was when I finally saw the look in his eyes. The way he looked at Shinae was pure…love. It was so obvious yet I had been so oblivious to it and I silently chided myself for thinking that G-Dragon was liking me… 

*End of Park Yunhee's POV*

End of Chapter

DarkAngel