In The Big Apple with The G-Dragon

The Almighty King's Watch

 

*G-Dragon’s POV*

On the last day of filming in New York City, I had actually caught a cold to the dismay of everyone. However hard I tried to protect myself, I had fallen sick. But we carried on with filming as usual but I had gotten quieter. Yunhee was always right on hand to put all the jackets that she was holding on me after the director had yelled, ‘CUT!’ and I was thankful for that. At night, when I was just all cuddly in bed, watching shows on the television, she had rang my hotel room doorbell to deliver some lemon juice. She made me drink it, telling me that it would help with my cold. Yunhee even went opposite to the convenience store to get some medicine for me.

“Thank you, Yunhee. This is really nice of you,”I smiled.

“This is what I’m supposed to do, anyway. Rest well and get well soon. I’ll see you tomorrow,”she smiled with a tint of blush on her cheeks.

“See you,”I smiled back.

I closed the door and wondered when the Ice Queen façade melted. But I liked it that she was being friendlier. I would really dread to think how I would be able to get along with her if she was that cold and indifferent about everything. As I sat down on my armchair to drink my lemon juice, I looked at my watch again. I was fond of looking at it and I wear it everywhere I go. But there were times that I had to take it off for some performance. I always made sure that there was someone guarding it so that it doesn’t go missing from my bag or anything. This watch is far too priceless to leave it unattended in my bag.

As I drank, I took out my phone and immediately pressed for 1 to speed dial. It rang for quite some time but was not answered. My heart sank and I tried again. With this sick feeling flowing in my body, I really wanted some comfort and the only person that can help relieve me of this would be her. All she needed to do was talk or smile. But she didn’t answer my call the second time and I felt even more depressed. I looked at my watch; it was early in the morning in Seoul. Why isn’t she picking up my call? Did I do something wrong? Was she avoiding me? She can’t be. We were still messaging each other earlier on.

At that moment, my phone vibrated in my hands and I jumped a little. I hurriedly put my cup of lemon juice down and answered the phone.

“Jiyong ah! I’m so sorry! I was showering! How’s your cold?”she asked.

“I’m fine…,”I replied, my heart warming from her voice alone.

“You don’t sound alright though. The cold is quite bad, huh? Are you wearing more jackets? Did you get some vitamin C? Have you taken your medicine?”she rambled on and on.

It may be nagging to some men but to me, it was pure music. I chuckled at her silliness.

“Yah, why are you laughing at me?”Shinae asked.

“Just because you’re so cute when you nag,”I shook my head as I smiled.

“How dare you laugh at me when I’m being concerned over you?”I could see her glaring at me playfully.

“How can I not laugh when your cuteness is so overwhelming?”I asked.

“Jiyong ah…,”I knew for a fact she was blushing already.

“Alright, alright. I’ll stop! How’s work? Remember to come pick me up tomorrow, okay? If not, you’ll really get it from me,”I joked.

“Yes, I’ll be there! Work has been alright. I just submitted the final draft and he liked it! So, tomorrow after dropping you off at your dorm, I’ll be heading to the office to discuss with the manager about it. I guess if everything is smooth, I’ll just have to wait for my paycheck!”she chirped.

“You mean, you won’t be spending time with me tomorrow?”I asked, disappointed.

“Sorry, Jiyong. I have to be there. I’ll go look for you after the meeting. How’s that?”Shinae suggested.

“Just give me a call after your meeting. I’ll come pick you up,”I smiled.

“Awesome! Where are we going?”she asked.

“Somewhere,”I answered.

“Being all mysterious again. Alright, I got to go now. I’m meeting a potential client! The one I told you about,”she said.

“Oh! Banc?”I asked to confirm.

“That’s right. I might even suggest that I want Big Bang as the endorser,”she giggled.

“Helping me again, aren’t you?”I shook my head in amusement.

“What’s wrong with that? Okay, I really got to go now. I need to drive,”she said.

“All the best! Remember to keep your distance if the client is a male, understand? You need to remember who your best friend is!”I couldn’t help myself.

“Yes yes yes! See you tomorrow!”

*End of G-Dragon’s POV*

*Start of Shinae’s POV*

Sitting in YG’s van, I was waiting along with the driver and some staff, waiting for Big Bang’s arrival. It wasn’t the first time I have picked them up at the airport but I was still not used to the huge mob of fans that crowded round the van. I never liked huge crowds and avoided crowded places as much as I can. But for the sake of Jiyong and his band, I always turned up at their concerts to support them on their opening nights.  I was thankful for him to let me just sit through the concert for the other nights, sitting at the backstage, watching through the monitor. Although there was a different ambience backstage, I was more comfortable.

All of a sudden, the screams started and it was ear-piercing. I tried to block my ears but the screams got even louder and I guessed that Big Bang must be out by now. The door to the van opened and several security guards were standing there while I just sat still in my seat. Soon, one by one, the members boarded the van. First was Top and he nodded his head in acknowledgement as he sat in front.  Youngbae came up next and he waved with a smile before settling down next to Top. Jiyong came up next and he smiled immediately. As he walked towards the back of the van, he took off his sunglasses and I could see his eyes twinkling although it was a little watery from his cold.

After Seungri and Daesung came up, the door closed and the van started moving. I was about to ask him about his cold when he just let his head drop on my shoulders. That was how he slept from the airport back to his dorm. I woke him up when we arrived and after he got down from the van, he turned around as usual to hold out his hand to help me. We waited for the elevator and went up. The members were really tired and they went into their rooms, all ready to take another nap. Jiyong was no different and he pulled me into his room. Immediately, he came forward to give me a hug.

“I miss you so much,”he whispered into my ear as I lay my head on his shoulder.

“Me too. Are you feeling better?”I asked.

“Much better. Yunhee made sure I eat my medicine on time,”he replied.

“She’s so nice. Too bad I couldn’t say hi to her,”I tightened my hold on his neck.

“Yeah, you know how chaotic it is at the airport. She will be here soon with the managers. They have all our luggages. I’m so tired,”he told me.

“Then, you better get some sleep,”I pushed him away gently.

“But I want to talk to you,”he said as he looked into my eyes.

“I need to go for a meeting, remember?”I smiled sadly.

“Right…,”he sighed.

“Don’t be sad. Get some rest so you’ll have energy to go out with me later on,”I grinned.

“That’s true,”he nodded his head with a smile.

“Take care, alright. Remember to drink more orange juice. I’ll get going now,”I waved.

He nodded and was about to follow me out when I stopped him.

“Go and sleep. There’s no need to send me off,”I laughed.

Jiyong just looked at me before he nodded his head. And I let him watch me walk out the door.

*End of Shinae’s POV*

End of Chapter

DarkAngel