I'm So Sorry But I Love You

The Almighty King's Watch

 

*G-Dragon’s POV*

One year?  In Paris?! It’s not even somewhere near like Busan, Daegu or even Saitama! Its freaking PARIS in FRANCE! I couldn’t even fake that I have a schedule to go meet her or something! Big Bang doesn’t even have any schedules in Paris for god’s sake! I couldn’t totally skip out on the visits because I’ll go crazy being without her! When I was just in Osaka for concerts, I would miss Shinae dearly for those few days. Heck, even when I’m in Seoul, I still miss her when we haven’t met up for days.

“And…erm…,I’m…not going alone,”she spoke up after a moment of silence.

“Who are you going with?”I blurt out before I could stop myself.

“Erm….Hyunbin…,”she replied meekly.

HYUNBIN?! The guy from her art school? The guy who tried to chase her back then but got rejected? The guy who insisted on staying in contact with her and who has eaten with her a couple of times?! I thought letting her go alone to Paris was bad enough, letting her go with Hyunbin is too much! I can never let him near Shinae! If I ever met him, I would have kicked his !

“Jiyong…, are you there?”Shinae looked up at me.

I tried hard to calm my nerves as I stared back at her. No, this isn’t going to do.

“Shinae, you can’t go,”I said firmly.

“Why? This is my dream! You were so encouraging earlier on!”Shinae exclaimed.

“But that was before I knew you would have to stay in Paris for a year and with Hyunbin, at that!”I argued.

“Who cares if I’m going alone or with him? What’s the difference? Do you not trust me? Is that it?”she questioned.

“It’s not you I don’t trust, Shinae. It’s Hyunbin that I don’t trust,”I hissed.

“I have been friends with him for so many years. You know how I have handled his confession so many times. I’ll still do the same thing in Paris. It won’t be much more of a difference,”she protested.

“It’s Paris, for god’s sake. Who knows what he’ll do to you there,”I disagreed.

Shinae stared at me before closing her eyes. When she opened there, she had a sad smile on her face as she shook her head.

“I can’t believe how selfish you are, Kwon Jiyong,”she said in disbelief.

“Selfish? How am I selfish?”I could hardly believe what was coming out of .

“When you were dreaming of becoming who you are today, who was the one who encouraged you and cheered you all the way, huh? It was ME, Kwon Jiyong! Now that I want to pursue my dreams, why are you stopping me?!”she was starting to raise her voice.

“I’m not telling you to not pursue your dream…It’s just…one year without you is too much for me to bear, Shinae,”I tried to reach out for her hand but she backed off.

“So, everything boils down to how YOU would feel, isn’t it? Have you ever thought of what I want? Moreover, I’m not asking for your permission here. I’m merely just INFORMING you,”she made sure she emphasized the word.

“If you have already decided on going, then why are you so worried, huh? Since you are so insistent about it then go! It’s not like you care about how I feel, do you? All you think about is your portfolio and your dream. My dream never involved us being separated, mind you,” I was starting to flare up.

“KWON JIYONG! How dare you say that?! Our dreams are just different! You can’t compare apples with oranges!”she glared at me.

“For your information, Min Shinae, apples and oranges are both fruits! So, you can still compare them. Forget it, Shinae. Forget that I ever said anything. Go and do whatever you want. It’s not like you care about us, anyway. To you, this is just a friendship, isn’t it?”I felt a stab in my heart as I said that.

“What?!”she exclaimed so loudly that her parents were out of their bedroom.

“What’s going on?”her mother asked.

“Get out! I don’t want to see you right now,”Shinae pointed at the door.

“What are you doing, Shinae?! You can talk nicely,”her mother was appalled.

“Fine, then this is the last time you will see me. Have fun in Paris!”I walked off and swung open the front door before slamming it shut.

 I closed my eyes tight, regretting every word I said. The look on her face was enough to pain me. I just couldn’t stand being away from her. Why can’t she understand that?! Letting out a grunt, I walked out of her apartment block and onto the streets. I flagged a taxi and went back to the dorm. I must have pushed the door open with too much force for it hit the wall with a loud bang, startling all of the members who were in the living room.

“What happened? Weren’t you staying over at Shinae’s?”Youngbae asked.

“Don’t even talk to me about her,”was all I could mutter.

“Is it about her being insecure again?”he asked.

“Don’t even get started on that! I don’t even get why she’s being so insecure. I’ve been reassuring her for so many years! She just doesn’t trust me enough. Right, who am I kidding? She just sees me as a friend…,”I said bitterly.

“What are you talking about, hyung?”Daesung frowned.

“Noona really loves you!”Seungri protested.

“Why are you guys all on her side, huh?”I shook my head.

“Did you argue with her?”Top asked.

“Obviously or he wouldn’t be like that,”Seungri commented.

“What happened?”Youngbae asked.

“Shinae’s going to Paris for a year,”I told them.

“WHAT?!”Daesung exclaimed.

“Why?!”Seungri was so shocked.

I told them about her project and not to mention that she’s going with Hyunbin. Lastly, I told them about our argument. After hearing about the words we exchanged, they looked upset…with me.

“Hyung, you’re too much!”Seungri scrunched up his face.

“What? Shinae is the one being too much. How could she even think of living away from me for a month, let alone a whole year! I obviously don’t hold a place in her heart,”I sulked.

“If I could, I would have punched you,”

That came from Youngbae and I turned to look at him.

“You’re an idiot, you know that. You don’t know how much pain she went through coming to this decision, right?”Youngbae stared hard at me.

Slowly, I shook my head.

“Well, a few days ago when she first got the project, she got scared and really worried. She couldn’t sleep and eat well. But of course, being Shinae, she wouldn’t want to worry you. So, she called me to ask for my opinion. The whole time that I was encouraging her to go, she was worried about you. All she could think of was you, Jiyong,”

*End of G-Dragon's POV*

End of Chapter

DarkAngel