Amazing

The Almighty King's Watch

 

Hello everybody, I regretfully announce that this story will be coming to an end soon! When I was thinking up of this story, I've always wanted it to be a short one just to tide me over my G-Dragon feels. But rest assured, I'm in the midst of another G-Dragon short story. It will be up after this! So, stay tuned!!! ^^ Thank you for subscribing and reading this! I really appreciate it!!! ^^

*Yunhee’s POV*

The Big Bang members sans G-Dragon and I piled into the van and headed towards the YG building. All the way there, they were quiet especially Seungri. He kept looking at photos that we took the previous night with Shinae. With her being away, Seungri must have missed her presence even more.

“She’s going to be back after a year,”Daesung tried to comfort him.

“Who’s going to cook us special lunchbox eh?”he grumbled.

“Erm, if you all don’t mind, I can try my best. I’ll ask her for the recipe and everything?”I offered, trying to make him feel a little better.

“YOU WOULD? YUNHEE NOONA, THANK YOU!”Seungri cheered.

“Thanks,”Taeyang smiled at me.

And that was all I had wanted. A thankful smile from him after cheering up the maknae of his group. We reached the building in no time and they began stretching while the managers talked to me. Just as G-Dragon’s manager was wondering where he was, the door suddenly opened. I turned to look to see it was that came but my jaw dropped. Apart from G-Dragon who is dressed from head to toe in black, the hand he was holding belonged to Shinae.

“SHINAE NOONA!!!”Seungri greeted enthusiastically as he ran to hug her.

“Shinae! Did your flight get delayed?”Daesung asked, concerned.

“No, I decided not to go anymore,”Shinae smiled.

“WHAT? Why?”Seungri exclaimed.

“When I was about to check in, I realised that pursuing this project would be meaningless without someone to share my joy with. I wouldn’t be happy there,”she explained.

“Wouldn’t it be a waste? It’s a once in a lifetime opportunity,”Taeyang asked, worried.

“I doubt I’ll regret it. This came by chance and I wasn’t expecting it. I’m not the type of person to dream big anyway. Besides, when I finish that project, I have a feeling my whole life would change and I’ll be pushed into the fashion spotlight. I don’t really like that. I’m more comfortable in the background,”she shrugged.

“Whatever it is, we’ll support you! And I’m so glad that you’re here to stay!”Seungri reached out to hug her again but was stopped.

“Lay your hands off her, maknae. She’s mine,”G-Dragon smiled.

“Huh?”Seungri was confused.

“Erm, guys, Shinae…is my girlfriend now,”G-Dragon announced shyly.

“OH MY GOD!”I exclaimed while clapping my hands.

“FINALLY!!! Shinae noona, you must be crazily happy right now!”Seungri cheered.

“How long have you been waiting for this moment, huh, Shinae?”Taeyang teased.

“Yah! You’re making me seem like an idiot for nursing a crush for so long!”Shinae exclaimed.

She was about to leave G-Dragon’s side to whack Taeyang when G-Dragon pulled her back, putting his arm round her shoulders, laughing.

“But you did get your reward after holding on for so long,”Daesung smiled.

“Aish, will you all just practice now? You’re making me embarrassed. Yunhee, let’s go to the shops to buy some drinks,”she pleaded with me.

“Alright!”I laughed as I nodded my head.

“Be careful when you’re on the way,”Taeyang mumbled under his breath.

I nodded to acknowledge it and gave him a quick smile. I grabbed my wallet and headed out with Shinae. Unlike the usual Shinae, I was met with one with a pair of twinkling eyes. She obviously couldn’t hide her happiness and I really applaud her for sacrificing so much for the man she loves. She was really selfless and probably the first girl I’ve seen do such a thing. I always thought such things only happen in dramas.

“Shinae, I really admire you,”I admitted.

“Why? What have I done?”she raised an eyebrow.

“I still can’t believe that you did so much for him. I thought screwing up your body clock and attending those concerts when you hate crowds was bad enough but this…sacrifice is…just amazing,”I replied as we walked towards the convenience store opposite.

“I don’t know whether you could call it a sacrifice,”Shinae gave me a sideway glance.

“Why not? You just scrape your dreams to stay by his side,”I asked.

“As I’ve said, I’ve never thought that I could get to Paris by designing watches. I may have thought of it but I’ve never gauge my success with it. It is never my ultimate goal in my career. In fact, I’m pretty chill about my career. I just take whatever comes my way for projects. Aren’t I a little pathetic in that sense?”Shinae laughed, embarrassed.

“No. I find it interesting. Seeing as how G-Dragon is so serious when it comes to his career. You two are like the total opposites,”I smiled at how cute they were.

“True that,”she nodded her head.

“But weren’t you a little tempted by the chance of becoming famous? It’s your chance to score it big and everything,”I asked, curious.

“Honestly, yes. When they first called me up to offer me the chance, I was overwhelmed with happiness and pride. But when I realised that I would have to leave my loved ones behind, I hesitated. So, when I was about to check in, I backed out in the end. I just couldn’t put my career before the people around me. And it’s scary to stay overseas all alone, isn’t it?”she answered.

“I guess it is,”I nodded my head.

“As far as I’m concerned, my life revolved around my family, Jiyong and the guys so I don’t quite see the purpose in leaving to pursue something that ultimately wouldn’t make me happy,”Shinae smiled her eye smile as she concluded.

“If people would think more like you, the world would be happier place,”I smiled back.

“Nah, this world needs the workaholics to keep it going. The economy wouldn’t progress without them,”Shinae joked.

We bought the drinks for everybody and headed back. I spent the whole practice chit chatting with Shinae and I was glad I was able to be closer to her. I was just feeling sad that we didn’t manage to talk more before she left for Paris. But now that she was staying, I’m glad that I would have more interactions with her. She was a girl to be reckoned with, seeking for a balance in life. There was always time for her career and time for her loved ones. She never compromises any for either aspect. When they were done with practice at night, G-Dragon and Shinae left to get supper as usual, leaving me with the managers and the boys. Sometimes, I really wonder whether I was really hired to be G-Dragon’s personal assistant.

“Why are you smiling to yourself?”

Taeyang’s voice broke my thoughts and I shook my head with a smile.

“Is it our turn to leave?”he asked again.  

“How are we going to escape with the boys around?”I asked.

“We’ll just disappear when they aren’t looking. Now’s a good time,”he looked over his shoulder.

Seeing as how the rest are talking amongst themselves and the managers weren’t looking, we quickly grabbed our bags and ran off.

*End of Yunhee's POV*

End of Chapter

DarkAngel