Leading Lady

The Almighty King's Watch

 

*Yunhee’s POV*

I tried hard to stifle my laughter as I ran as fast as I could quietly. Taeyang had apparently gotten his manager to drive his car over just so we could go out more comfortably. We hopped on and once we left the YG Entertainment premises, I burst out laughing.

“That was fun, isn’t it?”Taeyang glanced at me, laughing along.

“It seems like we’re in the midst of a 007 mission!”I agreed.

“I hope they don’t see us though. I’ll be in for a hard time if they did,”he shook his head as he made a right turn.

“Why? Are they going to scold you?”I asked, warily.

“No but we’ll be teased to no end. Just like how Jiyong and Shinae suffered the whole day,”Taeyang chuckled.

“Oh…, by the way, where are we going?”I asked.

“Well, I kinda asked Jiyong where he usually takes Shinae to on their supper dates to avoid the media. Well, apparently, they either get burgers from the drive-in counters and park somewhere secluded to talk or they go to the a rice cake house. But Jiyong told me that they were going to the rice cake house and I didn’t want to interrupt. Do you mind if we get burgers?”he asked.

“I don’t mind. It’s more comfortable, anyway. I don’t want people staring at you while we eat,”I answered.

“Why? Will you get jealous?”he teased.

“No! I meant…you know…you would be uncomfortable…,”I struggled to explain.

“I get it, I get it, Yunhee. I was just fooling around,”Taeyang laughed.

I looked out the window to hide the pink tint that I could feel appearing on my cheeks. I’m just hoping that the darkness outside could help to hide it for me. All of a sudden, Taeyang’s phone started ringing. I was just about to turn when mine rang as well. As I took it out, Taeyang grabbed my hand all of a sudden.

“Don’t pick it up. It’s the boys,”he said in a firm tone.

Just as he had predicted, Daesung was calling my phone while Seungri was calling him.

“I think they finally found out we were missing,”I said as I dropped my ringing phone back into my bag.

“Maybe we should have told them before coming…but it’s too late to do anything now anyway,”Taeyang grinned.

We got our burgers and he drove us to a secluded park.

“This is where Jiyong and I used to skateboard,”he pointed out the park in front.

It was quiet in the early morning and I could see why they love to come here. Nobody would know that they were here and they could go about their hobby without any disturbance. As we began eating our burger, we started chatting about various things in our life. That night, I began to open up about my family more and talked about my life. He insisted on listening to me talk since I probably knew all about him through television programmes. Sure, I knew about his training life and everything but I wanted to know more about the way he thinks. As we talked, I grew fonder of him since I could relate to the way he thinks.

“Yunhee, why were you so guarded when we first saw you?”he asked out of nowhere.

“Guarded? I was?”I asked.

“Yeah. Seungri was pretty intimidated, to be honest. You seem like you didn’t want to talk to us,”he joked.

“I didn’t act cold on purpose. I was actually shy and didn’t know how to go about opening up to you guys,”I quickly explained.

“Did you find us intimidating then?”he asked, tilting his head a little.

“Hmm, overwhelmed is the word. I felt overwhelmed by your star status. I was more intimidated by someone else though,”I smiled.

“Who?”Taeyang raised an eyebrow.

“Shinae,”I admitted.

“Why? She’s really friendly,”Taeyang looked amused.

“She is. But the way, she just came up to me and talk to me first made me feel small. It’s like she towers over me with her presence,”I tried to let him understand.

“She just has this huge impact everywhere she goes. This quiet strength. She is really strong for someone so small and quiet,”Taeyang laughed.

“I can’t believe that she actually had feelings for Jiyong for so long. Wouldn’t she break down when he was attached and everything? Didn’t she feel like giving up?”I asked.

“She’s simply amazing, isn’t it?”Taeyang nodded her head.

“I knew I wouldn’t be able to do that. If the guy I like has someone else in his heart, I would probably give up. I doubt I could hold on for so long,”I agreed with him.

“Well, you don’t have to give up. I only have you in my heart,”Taeyang reached out for my hand all of a sudden.

“Is this how you talk to other girls as well?”I overturned my hand so that our fingers get intertwine.

“You should know that I’ve never had a girlfriend,”Taeyang looked up at me.

“I do know that. But that doesn’t mean that you’ve never gone on dates with someone you like,”I said matter of factly.

“Rest assured, I’m really inexperienced in all these. I’ve hardly gone on any dates,”Taeyang admitted shyly.

Deciding that it was best to take over from here, I leaned forward so that my face was close to his.

“Then, I’m afraid that I’ll have to lead. Sorry to disappoint you but your dongsaeng here has her share of failed relationships. Two, in fact,”I shrugged.

“Go ahead. I like it when woman lead,”he gave me a smile.

With that, I leaned in further and our lips were mere inches apart when I decided to look up at him.

“Wait, is this your first kiss?”I asked.

“I’ll be glad to give it to you, Yunhee,”he answered.

“Are you sure you want to do this? I don’t want to steal it from you like that. You probably wanted to save it for someone special,”I moved back upon knowing that his lips were untouched.

“You are someone special to me, Yunhee,”Taeyang pulled me towards him, so that my face was near his again.

“How so? I’m just your dongsaeng, Taeyang oppa,”I raised an eyebrow, teasing him.

“Then, would you like to change your status?”he took the baton from me to tease me back.

“I hope we’re on the same frequency,”I replied.

“I’m sure we are. Now, would you like to take your boyfriend’s first kiss?”he asked.

Upon hearing that, I laughed.

“It’s your girlfriend’s pleasure,”I smiled.

Giving me one last smile, he closed his eyes and I leaned in to plant my lips on his. As he was inexperienced, I knew I had to lead him. As we pulled apart from each other, he was panting a little and I had to smile, seeing him like that.

“Thank you for accepting me, Yunhee. I know this may be a little too fast but we’ll take this slow, alright. It’s my first time committing myself to a girl but I’ll try my best to make you happy,”Taeyang reached out to caress my cheek.

“Trust me, you’re already doing a very good job making me happy,”I grinned.

*End of Yunhee’s POV*

End of Chapter

DarkAngel