The Truth Behind The Watch

The Almighty King's Watch

 

*Start of Park Yunhee’s POV*

One thing I hated about my job was that I was supposed to carry all the belongings of G-Dragon. Anybody who doesn’t work him wouldn’t know how much things that he brings around. He walks around empty-handed because I AM THE ONE CARRYING IT ALL. The manager wasn’t helping since it was technically my duty to carry them. When I finally arrived in Big Bang’s dorm, I heaved a sigh of relief that the entire load was off my shoulders. It was my first time in their dorm and I looked around in amazement as the managers started pulling the luggages into their rooms. I followed Namguk oppa into G-Dragon’s bedroom as I pulled all his bags with me. Just like Namguk oppa, I left it in a corner for G-Dragon to unpack.

“Oppa…,”but I was shushed up by him.

He pointed to the bed and that was when I realised that G-Dragon was asleep with his Mohawk covering his face. I decided to take out his medicine from his bag so that he could eat it without having to rummage through all his bags. I went to the kitchen to get a jug of water and a glass before going back in. As I placed all of the things on his bedside table, I saw his phone and watch on it. I always wondered what was so special about it. He was always wearing it and only took it off when he was filming or having schedules. Even if he did take it off, he would always ask Namguk oppa to hold onto it. Namguk oppa would hold onto it tightly and walk round with it. It was like a piece of diamond. Both of them didn’t leave it hanging around and was afraid of dropping it.

At that moment, there was a movement on the bed and G-Dragon changed position, his long fringe was finally away from his face and I looked at his angelic face as he slept. He was really good-looking and even more charming in person. As I was about to reach out to touch his face, I caught myself in time. What was I doing?! I hurriedly walked out and under strict orders by Namguk oppa, I was to stay in the dorm and do whatever I want till G-Dragon wakes up so that I can assist him in whatever he needs help in.

So, for the next two hours, I just sat around, watching television until I heard a door open. G-Dragon walked out while rubbing his eyes. As he rubbed, I spotted the watch on his arm. I didn’t know that he wears it around at home as well. When he was done rubbing, he opened his eyes and jumped a little when he realised I was around.

“Oh, sorry. I didn’t know you were here,”he sneezed before speaking.

“Your medicine is on your bedside table,”I stood up as I spoke.

“So you were the one who put it there,”he said as if he was deep in thought.

He reached into his pajamas pants to get his phone out. He looked at it and began typing abit before looking up at me.

“You must be dead tired. Namguk oppa can be a little harsh on you. Go home and rest. You can have the day off today as well,”he smiled at me.

“You don’t need any help?”I asked.

“I guess not. I don’t have schedules today, anyway,”he answered.

“Alright then. Take care,”I bowed.

“Thank you so much for taking care of me. I really appreciate it. I’ll treat you to a nice dinner to repay you,”he offered as he sent me to the door.

“No, no, it’s okay. It’s my job,”I smiled.

“I insist!”he said firmly.

“Okay then,”I nodded my head.

“Have a good day and rest well,”he waved with a smile before ruffling my hair.

As the elevator door closed, I cheered. I was going for a nice dinner with THE G-Dragon!! Can anybody be as lucky as me? What does that say? He even insisted when I rejected. That must mean something, right? Maybe he likes me? But what about that watch? Maybe it was a gift from his mum? He was a filial son despite all the scandals he got himself to, right? That must be it! Sigh! I couldn’t believe how my life was turning out to be more of a drama series. G-Dragon is falling for me. Can my life get any better?

*End of Park Yunhee’s POV*

*Start of Min Shinae’s POV*

“OH YES…,”I cheered to myself in the elevator as I looked at the cheque in my hand.

I was done with the meeting and the manager told me that the directors were really impressed with my work and will be using it. He even offered me a position in the company to be a designer for them but I had rejected. I didn’t like being tied down by a job, and would pretty much prefer being more carefree. I do work as and when I like and this gave me more time to spend with Jiyong as well since his schedules were not fixed. Now, that’s all left for me to do wait for the other client whom I have met to give me answer on whether he will need my service before I begin a whole new project.

I got out of the building and saw a white Bentley parked nearby. I went up to it and got into the passenger side.

“Hello,”Jiyong greeted as he drove off.

“How are you feeling now?”I asked.

“Good. I’m sneezing a lot lesser already. How did the meeting go?”he turned to smile at me.

“Ta-da!”was all I said as I waved the cheque in my hand.

He glanced at my direction and immediately smiled at the cheque.

“Our Shinae is really good at designing, eh?”he smiled.

“But of course,”I grinned as I kept the cheque.

“You’re really too good at your job. I see a lot of celebrities wearing your watches around,”he commented.

“Will that include you, G-Dragon?”I asked with a smile as I looked at the watch on his left hand.

“I’m a different case. This watch isn’t even sold anywhere,”he lifted his left arm a little to show me his watch.

I smiled while recalling how this watch came about. For my final year project in school, I was to design a whole new watch from scratch and go around asking companies to produce it for an exhibition in school. Hence, the design had to be really eye-catching and unique for the companies to want to produce it for us. I had a hard time thinking about how to go about it since I wanted to score well. I often sketched till the early mornings and cried myself to sleep due to all the stress. Although I wanted to confide in Jiyong about my stress, I stopped myself. Jiyong was busy training at YG and was about to debut and I didn’t want it to affect him. Gradually, I stopped hanging out with him so that he wouldn’t see my puffy eyes.

Jiyong who became all confused over why I was avoiding him came knocking on my front door and found me crying in my work studio. He insisted I tell him everything and I did. As I rant, he watched me cry with a worried expression pinned on his face. Looking into his worried eyes, I melted and was thankful for his presence. After making sure that I was alright and promising that he will come back again, he went back to YG and I set off to work. With him in mind, I sketched the watch that the King of Fashion, G-Dragon is always seen wearing around the streets of Seoul. As I finished, there seemed to be something missing with the watch and I thought of how Jiyong would look on stage with all his swag. A normal watch for him wouldn’t do so I added spikes. After I was done, I looked it, satisfied with the watch I sketched that was fit for the King himself.

With luck, the first company that I presented it to agreed to produce it for my project and I topped the cohort with it. Because of its unique face, the company wanted to mass produce it to sell but I declined for personal reasons. This watch was too special to me to reproduce for everyone. They respected it and asked for me to design another one for them which I did for my first paycheck. When Jiyong finally debuted with Big Bang, I went to engrave the watch with his initials, ‘GD’ and gave it to him as a present. The watch came about because of him and it was only right that he is the owner of it. Ever since then, Jiyong never took it off. Well, except for performances and other circumstances that forces him to take it off.

“Alright, we’re here,”he said as he stopped the car.

*End of Min Shinae’s POV*

End of Chapter

DarkAngel