A Comforting Friend *LAST FEW CHAPTERS*

The Almighty King's Watch

 

*Start of Yunhee’s POV*

As I lay in bed that night, I sighed. My happiness was short lived. I was about to leave my job and there goes my chance of seeing Taeyang oppa everyday. With me back to leading a normal life, with a desk bound job, the chances of seeing each other will lessen. Sure, there are celebrities dating non-celebrities secretly but how long can it last? With us seeing each other, it’s fine if we aren’t able to go on dates but now that this privilege was going to be taken away, where do we find time to go on dates?

On top of that, I felt terrible for lying to Taeyang oppa on the second day of our relationship. I had no family dinner. I just felt like going home to sulk over this matter. I didn’t want to burden him about this problem either. At that moment, my phone rang. Thinking that it is going to be Taeyang oppa, I reached out for my phone on my bedside table.

“Shinae?”

Why was she calling me?

“Hello, Yunhee! Are you feeling alright? You seem distracted earlier on. I know I asked you but I wanted to double confirm that everything is okay,”Shinae asked.

Just like what Namguk oppa had predicted, Shinae was the sharpest amongst the lot. He had told me to be careful if I wanted to keep it a secret. I guess I was much more affected than I had expected myself to be. I wasn’t one to display my emotions. I must have been too distracted by the matter to realize.

“You can tell me anything. I can keep secrets,”Shinae urged.

“Promise me that you won’t say a word?”I asked.

“Promise!”she chirped.

“Well, you see, Namguk oppa recently ran into some personal problems which left him tight on cash...,”I began explaining.

All this while, Shinae was patient as she listened.

“Since you’ve spoken about this matter, I’m gonna be honest with you. I actually pestered him into telling me what happened earlier on. Sorry, I was just worried,”Shinae said in a soothing tone.

“I should have known…you’re always to dig out people’s secrets,”I chuckled.

“I’m just a curious child. Anyway, I talked to him and I suggested that he talk to the head about this matter. Perhaps, the cost will be taken over by the management. We’ll try to arrange something,”she tried to cheer me up.

“I doubt they would take up this cost. There are lots of people helping out for each member. They don’t need me to be there,”I sighed.

“But you’ve been a great help when the manager was busy! Don’t give up,”

If she were to be beside me right now, she would have given a pat on the back.

“Besides, there is a last resort if this plan fails…,”Shinae said thoughtfully.

“What last resort?”I asked.

“I can…maybe get Jiyong to hold up the cost? I’m sure he doesn’t want you to go either. He’s been really grateful for your help,”Shinae explained.

“No way! I wouldn’t want him to be the one paying me,”I shook my head frantically though she wasn’t able to see it.

“I kinda predicted that. Anyway, that’s the last resort. He’ll probably suggest it himself when he gets wind of this,”Shinae sounded as if she was deep in thought.

“I feel bad for lying to Taeyang oppa. But I don’t want him to worry about it,”I confessed.

“It’s just like how I’m hiding all this from Jiyong. They’re busy enough,”she agreed with me.

“I’m so glad that you’re around for me to share my problems with,”I smiled.

“Do you think the guys will be unhappy after knowing that we’ve been hiding this from them?”she asked.

“I’m not sure about Taeyang oppa but seeing as how scary Jiyong can be when he gets angry, he might flare up,”I answered.

After hearing my answer, there was silence on the other end.

“Shinae, are you afraid that you two will have a fight?”I asked, regretting my words.

“Nah, we wouldn’t fight; at least not regarding this matter. All this will go well. I’m very sure of it. There’s bound to be a way out of it,”she almost brainwashed me into believing her words.

“Why are you so confident?”I asked, curious.

“Well, if you really don’t want Jiyong to hold up the cost, I can temporarily hold it up for Namguk oppa,”she suggested.

“Are you crazy? What makes you think I’ll allow YOU to pay me every month?”I laughed.

“I was just joking around. I don’t earn that much, you know. I’m a freelance designer, for goodness sake. I don’t even know when my pay check will come in. Had a good laugh?”she laughed along.

“Oh, you! You’re such so playful. Why don’t you ever show this side to Jiyong eh? He’ll be so happy to know that you’re such a cheeky girl,”I giggled.

“Am I really too serious sometimes?”she asked.

“Hmmm, from what I see, a little. You should loosen up around him and be yourself,”I replied as I nodded my head.

“I guess I’m still a little insecure. I’ve been liking that boy for years and this feels like a dream to me, to be honest. I’m just afraid that if I were to be comfortable with him, he’ll leave me,”she admitted.

This was the first time that I’ve encountered Shinae at her most vulnerable period. I’ve always admired her for inner strength that I hadn’t thought that perhaps she would need someone’s shoulders to lean on sometimes. I just assumed that she was at peace with her life. A quote that I read on the internet came to mind at that point.

“Sometimes, the person who tried to keep everyone happy is always the most lonely person, so never leave them alone because they will never say that they need you,”

“Why are you mumbling to yourself?”Shinae asked.

“Shinae, I know this is going to be difficult but try to let yourself go. I can tell he really loves you. The day that I lost the watch you gave, you should have seen how angry he was when I told him. That watch meant so much to him and you are his everything now. And if you’re in need of someone to talk to, please don’t hesitate to turn to me. We’ve not known each other for long but I wish that you could open up to me so that I can shoulder some of your problems. I know you’re strong but you’re a girl as well,”I tried to sound as encouraging as I could.

“Thanks, Yunhee. You should know by now that my best friend is a guy who is now my boyfriend. I really need some girl time but it’s just hard when I’m always just hanging with those boys. Thank you, Yunhee. I really appreciate it,”Shinae sighed contentedly.

“You’re very welcome, Shinae. I’m glad that you regard me as one of your close friends,”I smiled gratefully.

*End of Yunhee's POV*

End of Chapter

DarkAngel

Quote credits to: http://winterlyrics.files.wordpress.com/2011/07/loneliest-person.jpg