Kwon Jiyong's Embrace

The Almighty King's Watch

Hello readers, just a quick update! I will be postponing the other short G-Dragon story that I was working on. This is because I will be embarking on a longer story that involves him. G-Dragon will be part of the main story that I will be working on soon together with Super Junior's Eunhyuk as the main. I hope you can give me support for that! I will definitely keep you guys updated about this up-coming story! ^^ Thank you for your support!

Shinae’s POV*

Sitting at the Rice Cake house that we always frequent, I kept stealing glances at Jiyong as we ate. It was when he finally looked up from his food did he realize that I had been staring at him.

“Why? Do I have something on my face?”he asked.

“No. Just…I’m just amazed by everything,”I admitted.

“What are you amazed about?”he grinned.

“You know, I’ve dreamt about us going on our first date plenty of times. But having it come true just amazes me,”I rested my elbow on the table.

“I know you probably dreamt of it being at a high class restaurant and everything but I can’t do that since I’m a celebrity,”Jiyong smiled apologetically.

“Nope, in fact, this is what I’ve dreamt of. Having a simple meal after we get together. It really doesn’t matter where we are. This is what I’ve been wishing for. For you to be mine,”I sighed dreamily.

“You make it sound as if it’s a fairytale or something,”Jiyong laughed.

“Well, I never thought that my effort in loving you for so long will be paid off. When you first reciprocated my feelings for you, I was shocked, to be honest. I thought I was gonna spend my whole lifetime loving you one-sidedly,”I told him truthfully.

“Why would you think that way?”he asked, wide eyed.

“I’m not the type of girl you would fall for. Your past girlfriends and I are just miles apart,”I answered.

“That’s true. Because you are much more special than them,”Jiyong winked.

“Aigoo…, you sure know how to flatter me,”I reached out to pinch his cheeks.

“Hey, don’t you think our situation is the same as Youngbae and Yunhee?”Jiyong asked all of a sudden.

“Youngbae and I are alike. We’ve never been in any relationships whereas Yunhee and you have dated,”I nodded my head.

“They make a cute pair, isn’t it?”Jiyong asked as he ate some more.

“Uh huh. The way they kept stealing glances at each other…they can’t hide it. I’m pretty sure those two like each other,”I said firmly.

“Maybe I should go ask Youngbae about it tonight. Did Yunhee tell you anything?”he asked while raising an eyebrow.

“She’s pretty secretive about such things,”I shook my head.

“Maybe you two should go on a girls date and you can get her to come clean with you,”Jiyong suggested.

“Why are you so excited, anyway?”I laughed.

“It's the first time I’ve seen Youngbae so interested in someone!”Jiyong replied excitedly.

“True that. Do you think Youngbae will ever confess? He’s so shy with girls,”I giggled.

“I’m not too sure about that but if the circumstances calls for it, I guess he might. I can tell he really likes Yunhee,”Jiyong nodded his head as he spoke.

“Oh my god, this is too cute!”I squealed.

“By the way, what would your parents say when you go home later on?”Jiyong asked, concerned.

“They’ll probably freak out since they’ve been arranging for courier service to ship my other belongings to Paris. They’re going to nag at me for being so reckless,”I sighed.

“I can help you talk to them,”Jiyong smiled warmly.

“Are you hinting me that you plan to sleepover tonight?”I asked, a smile appearing on my face.

“You’re so clever, you know that?”he grinned.

When we were done with supper, we headed back to his car and he drove us back to my house. He had gotten my luggage out from his car and we walked up hand in hand. Feeling his hand enveloping mine, it had made my heart warm. This feeling has got to be the best feeling ever. Now, I finally understand why the female leads in drama can’t stop smiling when they fall in love.

When I opened the front door to my house, we tried to lower our volume as we go about taking off our shoes and everything. However, we didn’t manage to stay quiet for long as Jiyong accidentally knocked my luggage against the small step, leading to the inner part of the house. The light in my parents’ bedroom came on and both of them came out, squinting to see who was it. Nobody was supposed to come home since I was due to be on that flight to Paris. But seeing me, they had to rub their eyes a few times before they switched on the lights for the living room.

“Shinae? Didn’t you go to the airport already? What happened? Are you sick?”my mum came over to look at me.

“Er, no. I…decided not to go anymore,”I lowered my head as I explained.

“Did you get cold feet at the airport? You’re just nervous. Do you need daddy to book another air ticket for you tomorrow?”my dad asked.

“No. I’m fine staying here, really,”I went on to explain about my decision.

I had thought they were going to be unhappy about my decision. However, I was wrong. Seeing the tears perched on my mum’s eyes, I felt happy that I have decided to stay on in Korea. I hadn’t known that it would pain my mum so much to see me live aboard. Lastly, I announced my getting together with Jiyong.

“You two are together? Aigoo, this is too good to be true. Jiyong ah, thank you for taking care of our Shinae. This is such good news,”my mum gushed.

“I’m sorry for not asking her out earlier. But I’ll take really good care of her from now on,”Jiyong bowed.

“Don’t worry about it. As long as you don’t let Shinae down anymore, we’re more than happy to welcome you into the family!”my dad patted him on the back.

“DAD! We’re not getting married!”I sighed.

“Not yet! But in the near future! Right, Jiyong?”he asked.

Jiyong nodded his head in agreement. After fussing over the two of us, they decided to head to back. Unlike the past where Jiyong would go to the guest room to bunk in for the night after we washed up, he came knocking on my bedroom door.

“Come in!”I called out as I lay in bed, playing games on my mobile phone.

I turned to look at him and he came nearer to my bed.

“Can’t sleep?”I asked as I scooted in for him to sit.

“Er, Shinae…can I…hug you to sleep?”he asked timidly.

“What?”I asked.

“Or at least have a goodnight kiss or something?”he asked again.

So, this is what happens after our status change? He was expecting more skinship than before? I cleared my throat as I moved in even nearer and patted the place beside me. Seeing that, his face lit up and he quickly lied down beside me.

“Do you do this with your past girlfriends?”I broke the silence.

“I’ve never stayed over at their house,”he replied truthfully.

“Then why…,”I couldn’t form my sentence properly.

“I just felt like holding you in my arms to sleep,”he said, making me turn to look at him.

We just continued staring without a word. I wasn’t sure how to go about it and he hasn’t exactly received permission to hug me to sleep. It was kinda awkward, in my opinion. But awkwardly cute and heart-warming.

“Can I?”he suddenly asked.

I nodded my head and he slowly lifted my head, placing it gently on the crook of his arm. Closing my eyes, I felt him tighten the hug, trapping me in his embrace. He tuck my head under his chin and I could smell the shampoo he had used earlier on. So, this is how it feels like to be sleep in Kwon Jiyong’s embrace. I could get used to this. I smiled to myself as I adjusted my head.

“Goodnight, Jiyong,”I mumbled.

“Goodnight, my dear,”

*End of Shinae’s POV*

End of Chapter

DarkAngel