Her Last Night

The Almighty King's Watch

Hello everyone!!!! I'm finally back with a new update!!! I'm so sorry for the delay! Been really busy with my stuff in school and everything! Hope you all have been doing well during this period!!!! Anyway, I'll update again when I have time on my hands! PLEASE BEAR WITH ME!!!!!! 

*Yunhee’s POV*

After dinner, we all squeezed into two taxis to go to her favourite bar. When we finally arrived after almost half an hour, we were right in front of a building before leading the way to the rooftop. The rooftop was actually a small bar with a bar counter, a few stools there and a few tables scattered around. There were only about two people sitting at the bar counter. This place just spoke of Shinae’s personality for it was quiet and serene unlike the bars that I was used to. All of us took a table and Shinae got our orders before heading to the bar counter with Seungri.

“Taeyang, quick, tell me the story!”I nudged him, since he was sitting beside me.

He turned around to look at Shinae before turning back to me.

“Be right back,”he told Daesung and Top as he grabbed my hand.

He led me to a corner that was covered by the elevator. The two of us leaned forward, looking at the night view of Seoul.

“So, you must have known that Jiyong and Shinae had a fight recently…,”he started.

I nodded my head to acknowledge it. Taeyang nodded his head along with me as he started telling me about the whole fight that occurred the previous night.

“If he’s not angry with Shinae anymore, then why isn’t he here? Shinae must be feeling disappointed,”I commented.

“I don’t know what he’s thinking of. Just look into Shinae’s eyes and you can tell, she’s missing Jiyong a lot. I saw her looking for him earlier on when we all stepped into her house,”he sighed.

“Did Jiyong call her or anything?”I asked.

“I doubt so. From what I know, they haven’t spoken since last night when he walked out of her house,”he frowned.

“Taeyang, call him and give him a dressing down. Shinae’s going to be gone for a year tomorrow. He needs to do something!”I shook him.

“He wouldn’t hear of it. Anyway, you shouldn’t worry too much about them. They’ve been best friends for so long. I doubt Jiyong would really just let her go like that,”Taeyang smiled.

“Are you sure?”I asked, not believing him.

“Kinda. Well, if that’s not the case, there’s hardly anything I can do. This is a matter between the both of them. I can’t interfere,”Taeyang gave me a sad smile.

“Yah, what are you two doing?”

The two of us jumped at the sound of Seungri’s voice. He came over to us and eyed us warily.

“Why are you two alone here when the party is still going on? Are you dating?”he asked.

“What are you talking about?”I laughed.

Taeyang merely shook his head before gesturing for us to go back to the table. With us ignoring Seungri’s questions, we walked back to the table to a loud ruckus.

“Where did you two go, huh?”Shinae asked.

“Exactly, isn’t this Shinae’s farewell party? Why did you two go off by yourself?”Daesung added on.

“I just needed to tell her something,”Taeyang replied.

“What? You confessed to her?”Top asked.

“No. What are you talking about, hyung?”Taeyang was beginning to feel shy.

“Alright, alright. Shall we get back to the main topic here? Shinae is the star of the party,”I clapped my hands.

“That’s right! Alright, everybody! CHEERS! TO SHINAE’S LAST NIGHT IN SEOUL!!”Seungri cheered as he lifted up his glass.

“TO SHINAE’S LAST NIGHT IN SEOUL!”we clinked our glasses together.

We cleared our glasses in one shot and my throat was burning from the tequila. Soon, we began mixing the tequila with soft drinks and eating the chicken wings that Shinae ordered. I was playing the drinking game with Taeyang when I noticed something. Daesung and Top were playing as well and Seungri was laughing along with them. But Shinae was just staring at her phone. Unlike the rest who mixed our drinks to lighten the alcohol, she was having shots after shots of tequila by itself.

“Shinae, you’re going to get drunk…,”I commented.

“Yeah, why are you drinking this alone?”Taeyang agreed.

“Hey, why should I be sober on my last night?”she let out a smile.

“Shinae, are you drunk?”Daesung asked, upon noticing.

“Are you underestimating noona? She’s a good-drinker! I’ve never seen her drunk before! Cheers, noona! We don’t go home until we’re dead drunk!”Seungri lifted his glass.

Shinae lifted hers as well and finished off her shot really quickly.

“One more!”Seungri encouraged her.

They were going at it with us playing more games when I called it quits. I wasn't a good drinker and just recovered from my throbbing headache. Moreover, Taeyang had helped to block some of my drinks. We all left the bar and stood near the road, all ready to say goodbye. Taeyang being the gentleman and the closest to Shinae wanted to send her home. Seungri had wanted to do the same but Top and Daesung decided against it since he was a little tipsy. After rounds of goodbye hugs, Taeyang, Shinae and I got into a taxi. As soon as we got on, Shinae closed her eyes and drifted off to sleep. All the way back, Taeyang and I watched her sleep and noticed that she had a hint of a frown on her face. She awoke after we reached her apartment block and despite her many protests, Taeyang still insisted on seeing her all the way to her house.

“Thank you, guys! I really had fun! Come visit me in…Paris when you are free,”she gave us a sad smile.

Tears were perched on the edge of her eyes and threatened to fall any moment.

“I’ll miss you, Youngbae,”she reached out to hug him.

I heard murmurs being exchanged between the two of them before they let go. Taeyang patted her head and she gave him a firm nod.

“I’ll miss you too, Yunhee,”she came up to me.

“Thank you, Shinae. You’ve been a great friend,”I hugged back.

“Please…take care of Jiyong for me…Make sure he eats, okay…,”she muttered under her breath.

After all the drinks that she’s had, all she could think of was still him. I could really applaud this girl.

“Take care, don’t catch a cold, alright! Let’s keep in touch still,”she smiled at me upon letting go.

“You too! Call us when you’re in Paris, okay!”I nodded my head.

“You sure you don’t want me to send you off tomorrow?”Taeyang asked again.

“Yes. I don’t want to cry at the airport tomorrow,”she chuckled.

“Alright then. Take care! I’ll go to Paris when I can! You come back here as soon as possible, okay!”Taeyang smiled.

“I will…,”she nodded her head.

Just like that, we parted with Shinae. It was going to be hard accepting the fact that she wasn’t going to be around for a year. Despite my short interactions with her, she was really genuine and nice to hang out with. As a friend whom I’ve just met, I already miss her. Wonder how G-Dragon is coping….how could he not attend the farewell party?!

*End of Yunhee's POV*

End of Chapter

DarkAngel