Will You?

The Almighty King's Watch

Hello everybody! So sorry for the late update!!! I'm finally free to come online!!! Hope you all enjoy this chapter!!!! ^^ And thanks for waiting!!!

*Shinae’s POV*

After we let go of each other, we looked into each other’s eyes before I smiled slowly.

“Right! I almost forgot!”he let go of my hand.

He rummaged through his bag and got a box out.

“For you. The reason why I didn’t contact you for two days was to give you this surprise. I wasn’t angry with you or anything! That night after we argued, Youngbae spoke to me and I reflected on my mistake. I then decided to do this for you,”he held out the box for me.

“What’s inside?”I asked.

“Open it,”he grinned.

Opening it, I see 12 small boxes in it. Raising an eyebrow, I tried to balance the box with one hand as I reached out to touch the small boxes.

“No, you can’t open it now!”Jiyong grabbed my hand.

“Why?”I asked.

“You’re supposed to open each boxes on the beginning of each month in your one year in Paris. I won’t be with you this whole year and I didn’t want you to be lonely. So, I got twelve presents and wrote twelve letters for you. It’s something for you to look forward to as you count down your days in Paris,”he explained.

“Jiyong, this is amazing…,”I looked up at him.

“Oh my god, Shinae, don’t cry. You know I hate the sight of you crying,”he hurriedly place the box on the floor before pulling me into his embrace.

“What am I going to do without you now?”I started sobbing.

“Silly girl. You’ll do fine in Paris. You’re such a strong girl, Shinae,”he cooed as he my hair.

“I’m going to miss you so much,”I sniffed.

“Me too. Just call me anytime when you miss me, alright. I’ll visit you as much as I can,”Jiyong promised.

“You will? Wouldn’t that be hard on you?”I asked as I looked up at him.

“What’s so hard about taking an airplane to see my favourite girl in the whole wide world?”he asked me.

With that, I smiled at his comment. Before I could stop myself, I tip toed a little, landing my lips right on his. I don’t know what got into me but I just felt like doing it. I just needed to feel what it was like to kiss the boy I love so much before being separated from him.  Pulling away from him though, my senses started working and I immediately chided myself for doing such a thing. What was I doing this instant?! Giving away my first kiss at such timing to my best friend?! The two of us stared at each other, breathless. Jiyong’s eyes were wide and I assumed that they were open throughout the whole time we were kissing or rather I kissed him. He blinked as he registered what just happened.

“Ah… I’m sorry…I…,”

I was cut off by his strong grip on my cheeks. He pulled my face so close to his that our nose were touching and he looked into my eyes that I felt my heart racing.

“I love you, Shinae. More than you could ever imagine,”was all he said.

Shifting his focus away from my eyes, he lowered his eyes to look at my lips. I closed my eyes as he tilted his head to the right. I gripped his leather jacket when I felt his lips on mine again.

“I love you,”he repeated after pulling away.

“Shall we go now? Hyunbin must be getting impatient,”I felt heat creeping my cheeks.

Jiyong nodded his head with a silly grin on his face. Helping me pick up my box, the two of us left the staircase to look for Hyunbin who was sitting with the trolley full of luggages.

“Sorry to keep you waiting,”I apologized.

“It’s okay! Shall we check in now?”he asked with a smile.

I looked at Jiyong who gave me a firm nod. All the way there, I stuck close to him. As we neared the check in counter, I felt sick and nauseous like I was about to vomit anytime. I was getting cold feet right at this moment. Paris is too scary for me to handle. I turned to look at Jiyong again for reassurance. Seeing as how my nervousness was evident on my face, he chuckled and reached out to pat my back since it was the least he could do right now that we’re in the eyes of the public.

Hyunbin and I rejoined the queue. As we shuffled forward slowly, I began to get impatient. The insides of my stomach were churning and I felt as if my intestines were knotted. I looked at Jiyong who was standing away from us. He was biting on his lower lip and his fists were clenched tight. Although his eyes were hidden under his sunglasses, I knew he was looking right at me. He turned around so that he wouldn’t see and I felt my heart sank. I sighed as I turned back to face the front.

“Are you okay?”Hyunbin asked me.

“Yeah,”I nodded my head.

Suddenly, I was being pulled out of the queue.

“Where are you going?!”Hyunbin shouted.

“Give me a second!”Jiyong shouted back.

With quick foot steps, Jiyong ran with me tailing behind to the same stair case that we were at. Closing the door, he took out his sunglasses again to look at me while panting.

“I can’t watch you go without doing this, Shinae,”he breathed in deeply.

I stared at him, trying to calm myself now. Jiyong closed his eyes tightly and he went down on one knee.

“What are you doing?”I exclaimed.

He opened his eyes to look at me.

“Shinae, I’m sorry that I didn’t prepare anything for this confession. This wasn’t actually part of the plan but as I look at you earlier on, I knew I couldn’t just let you go without making you mine. I know I’ve let you down countless of times before. I’m sorry for all those times and I can’t be more thankful for your forgiveness. You’re an extraordinary girl and I want you to know that. I was stupid to not discover my feelings for you earlier but I can tell you confidently right now that I love you. I know you’re still scarred by our past but let me heal those wounds for you. I’m sure I can make you happier than you are right now. Shinae, will you be my girlfriend?”

What? Jiyong…is confessing…to me?

“You? What?”I couldn’t comprehend.

Here I was waiting for this moment for so many years. I just couldn’t believe it…

“I’m a fool for not doing this earlier but I misunderstood and misinterpreted everything. Seungri told me that the reason you’re insecure was because I’ve never directly confessed my love to you. I thought by merely reassuring you was enough but I was wrong. But right now, I want to take the first step in amending my mistakes. I want to show my love for you in many different ways. Will you please be my girlfriend?”he asked again as he stood up slowly.

“You fool…; you don’t know how long I’ve waited for this. Of course, I will be,”I hugged him tightly.

“Thank you, Shinae. I’ll make up for all the wrong things I’ve done. Thank you so much,”he kissed the top of my head.

“You don’t know how happy I am, right now, Jiyong,”I looked up at him with a smile.

“I know because I’ve never seen such a huge smile on your face like I’m seeing right now,”he smiled back.

Thank you, Kwon Jiyong. For giving me, an ordinary girl whom you’ve met back in elementary school, a chance to love you...

*End of Shinae's POV*

End of Chapter

DarkAngel