The Whining Dragon

The Almighty King's Watch

 

*Shinae’s POV*

My eyes fluttered open and I tried to stretch myself like how I usually did. But I realised that apart from my arms and legs, my body was being held down onto the bed. That was when I remembered that Jiyong had slept next to me. I tried my best to turn and was quite thankful that he was a deep sleeper. Nothing could wake this pig up. Staring at his sleeping face, I let out a sigh of contentment. Waking up beside him was one heartwarming moment and I was glad that I got to experience it. Seeing as how he had to go back to the dorm to change, I reluctantly woke him up. It was no easy feat though. Jiyong was a log when he is sleeping.

“Ten more minutes,”he whined.

“No, now,”I said sternly.

Jiyong opened his eyes to look at me. He softened his eyes and was looking at me like how Puss in Boots was in the movie, Shrek.

“Please, ten more minutes. Jiyong needs ten more minutes of sleep,”he said it in an aegyo-filled voice as best as he could.

“I didn’t know you were capable of doing aegyo,”I chuckled.

“Only for you, Shinae. Don’t I deserve another ten more minutes?”he pleaded.

“Alright. Just ten more minutes, okay?”I gave in.

I was just about to fling the blanket off when he grabbed my waist, pulling me down next to him.

“What are you doing?”I asked.

“Jiyong needs Shinae to sleep next  to him,”he answered in the same aegyo-filled voice.

“Seriously, Kwon Jiyong,”I laughed out loud this time round.

“Stay with me,”he mumbled as he held me tighter with his head snuggling on the crook of my neck.

As I chuckled, I let my hand rest on his head, his hair in a rhythmic motion. After ten minutes, I tried to wake him up again but was met with another protest.

“Ten more minutes,”he whined again.

“No, Jiyong. You need to get up now! My mum is going to walk in any time!”I stayed firm.

“Let her see us hugging then,”he pouted.

“No!!!”I smacked him.

Letting out a sigh, he let go of me and went to wash up. Once we were done, we went to the dining room to grab lunch. My father was already out of the house while my mum had whipped up a few dishes. Seeing us settling down at the table, she kept staring at us.

“Is something the matter, mum?”I asked.

“Did you two do anything last night?”she asked abruptly.

That caused me to choke the food that I was chewing on. Jiyong hurriedly grabbed a glass of water with me.

“No, we didn’t!”Jiyong hurriedly reassured her.

“Really? I’m actually pretty open, you know…,”she raised an eyebrow.

“MUM!”I wanted to dig a hole and hide.

“What? I was just concerned since he came out of your bedroom…,”she muttered.

“Rest assured, aunty. I wouldn’t try anything funny. I just wanted to hug her to sleep,”Jiyong explained.

“Is this the new trend? Aigoo, that’s so cute,”my mum chuckled.

“Mum!”I groaned.

“Okay, okay! Take it that I didn’t say anything,”my mum couldn’t help the grin on her face.

When we were done with lunch, Jiyong drove the both of us to his dorm so he could get changed. Since I was in between projects, I decided to spend some time with him and watch him practice. As he opened the front door to his dorm, we were met with a loud ruckus.

“What’s going on? I’ve only been gone for a night?”Jiyong frowned as he asked.

“It’s hyung who started it,”Seungri pointed towards Youngbae.

“Me? You were the one making a big fuss,”Youngbae looked amused.

“But you were the cause of it, hyung,”Daesung sided Seungri.

“Can someone tell me what’s going on?”Jiyong raised his voice a little.

“Youngbae hyung wouldn’t tell us where he went with Yunhee last night!”Seungri finally explained the cause of the problem.

“You two went out?”I turned to ask him.

“The two of them sneaked out and were long gone when we finally realised. When we called them, none of them picked up their phone,”Daesung continued the explanation.

“And when we asked, he refused to tell us anything,”Seungri glanced at Youngbae.

“Come on, spill! Where did you two go, huh?”Top went over to nudge him.

“I’m going off to eat breakfast,”he announced, walking over to the dining table.

“No, tell us first!”Seungri ran over to take away his bowl of rice.

“Yah! Seungri!”Youngbae exclaimed.

The ringing of the doorbell interrupted the argument and I went to open it, leaving the boys to argue amongst themselves. Standing in front of me was Yunhee and she looked shocked at seeing me at the dorm. She avoided my gaze immediately and I knew something’s up. I walked out of the dorm and closed it behind me. In that instant, she locked eyes with me and I could see fear rising up.

“Come with me,”I said as I walked off towards the stairs.

She followed me up to the rooftop and I let her have a moment to calm her nerves.

“Relax, Yunhee. I’m not going to eat you up. I’m just going to ask you a few questions,”I turned to smile at her.

“What do you want to know?”she was trying her best not to stutter.

“First, where did you and Youngbae go last night?”I asked.

At my question, she stiffened up.

“How…we…,”she struggled to phrase her question.

“I know because Seungri was making a big fuss about how you two sneaked off without telling them this morning,”I answered without waiting for her to finish.

Yunhee kept her lips tightly sealed while looking at the view in front of her. I watched as she blinked a few times, deep in thought. She took in a deep breath before turning to face him.

“Taeyang oppa and I were at the park where he usually skateboard at with G-Dragon,”she finally came clean.

But there was something that I had caught on.

“Taeyang oppa?”I raised an eyebrow.

I knew I was spot on when her cheeks flushed red. Chuckling to myself, I went over to pat her on shoulder.

“Relax, Yunhee. I’m not as mean as the guys. I’m just curious about what happened. Are you and Youngbae together now?”I asked.

Slowly, she nodded and my smile got even wider.

“I’m not usually so tight lipped about my relationships. But it’s his first and we promised to take things slow. Moreover, I feel this relationship is a little bit more precious to me than my previous. Call me selfish but I wanted to feel the happiness all by myself first,”Yunhee explained.

“Don’t worry, I’ve got your back. I doubt Seungri has gotten Youngbae to spill yet. Let’s go back,”I reassured her.

“Thanks, Shinae. You really are someone whom I can count on. You’re so extraordinary, you know that?”Yunhee smiled.

“How so?”I asked, amused.

“Just your inner strength alone amazes me,”she replied.

“Hmmm, I guess that sounds legit. I’m pretty amazed by myself as well,”I joked as I rang the doorbell to the dorm.

“Hey, where did you go? Oh, Yunhee!”Jiyong smiled as he opened the door.

“Just chit chatting. How’s it going?”I asked as I walked into the dorm with Yunhee behind.

He didn’t need to answer for Seungri was to pestering Youngbae who had begun eating. Seeing Yunhee, Seungri’s eyes lit up and he came rushing towards us. I quickly blocked Yunhee from him and he tried his best to get past me towards her.

“Maknae, eat your food first. We’re gonna be late,”Jiyong ordered.

“But…I need…,”I cut him off.

“We can always talk about it later. Eat first, alright?”I steered him around and pushed him back to the table.

Settling down at the table, Seungri was complaining as he ate breakfast.

“You owe me an explanation, Dong Youngbae,”I muttered under my breath as I reached out for the jug of water.

He left his food hanging in mid-air as he turned to look at me. I gave him a smile and turned to look at Jiyong.

“Water for you?”I asked.

“Yes, please!”he grinned as he pushed his glass towards me.

*End of Shinae’s POV*

End of Chapter

DarkAngel