Trouble

The Almighty King's Watch

Hello my dear readers, this is a gentle reminder that this story is COMING TO AN END SOON! :( This was supposed to be a really short ten chapter fanfic but I really tried my best to extend it. Thank you for loving this story :)

*Start of Shinae’s POV*

When the boys resumed practice, Yunhee and I went back to our original position. This time round, instead of having her eyes focused on Youngbae, Yunhee seemed more distracted. I tried to sound out what was wrong but she just gave me a faint smile.

“Are you bothered by how the boys tease you? I could scold them for you,”I offered.

“It’s nothing, Shinae,”she brushed it off with a smile.

Well, if she doesn’t want to tell me, she’ll probably tell Youngbae now that they’re together. I’m sure Youngbae would probe her if she refused to tell him. When the boys were done practicing, Yunhee announced that she had a family dinner and needed to go home first.

“I’ll send you home,”Youngbae offered.

“Ooooo, hyung! You’re such a gentleman,”Seungri teased, earning a light punch from Jiyong.

“It’s alright. I’ll just take a taxi back. Join us next time, alright?”Yunhee gave him a sweet smile.

“She considers you part of the family already!”Seungri practically squealed.

“Isn’t it too early for marriage?”Daesung asked.

“I will. Send my regards to your parents. Take care on the way home and drop me a text when you’ve reached,”Youngbae smiled.

“Aigooooooooooooo, how sweet can you get?”Top joined in.

“You guys….,”Jiyong was rolling his eyes at them.

Yunhee nodded her head before bowing her head, exiting the dance studio.

“She’s long gone, my dear,”Seungri patted Youngbae on his shoulder.

Sensing that there was something wrong with her because of the manager meeting they held earlier on, I walked away to try and have a word with Namguk oppa.

“Can I have a word with you in private?”I asked him.

“Sure, Shinae,”he nodded.

“Be right back!”I called out to Jiyong who nodded.

We walked out of the meeting, Namguk oppa led me to a secluded corner.

“Do you want to talk about Jiyong schedule or something?”he asked.

“No. Sorry if I sound intrusive but I’ll just like to know what did you all talk about during the manager meeting earlier on,”I explained.

Namguk oppa raised an eyebrow upon hearing my question.

“You aren’t one to be involved with such affairs. Why are you so interested all of a sudden?”he asked.

“Well, Yunhee seems a little distracted after the meeting so I was wondering if there was any topic that may have, er, disturbed her?”I answered.

Namguk oppa seemed in thoughts. He looked at me for awhile before sighing.

“Well, there is a huge problem right now. You know the personal assistant was my idea, right?”he asked.

I nodded my head at her question.

“That means that I was paying her out of my own pocket. But as it seems, I may be a little tight on cash right at the moment with some personal issues so she might have to either be on long vacation or leave the job. I wanted to save her by asking the other managers whether they want to take her but they all said no. We don’t get paid that much, you see,”he explained.

“I understand. But wouldn’t Youngbae be releasing a solo album soon? Can’t she transfer and work for Youngbae? Or can YG take up the cost of her salary?”I suggested.

“It is true that Youngbae will be releasing a solo album soon but the release date is indefinite as of now. If they take her on, it’ll be a huge cost incurred for now. There’s no incoming money, you see. We’ve never actually asked the head about it but I’ll take your suggestion. Wait for my news,”Namguk oppa explained.

“If you’d like, I could talk to Jiyong and get him to hold up the cost for you….,”but he cut me off.

“No, I don’t want him to bother himself with this. This is my idea and it was my fault for not thinking about the consequences earlier. The poor girl hasn’t been doing much and this all might be a waste of time for her. She’s so young, after all. She could have been excelling somewhere else,”Namguk oppa sighed.

“Don’t worry about her. I’m sure she enjoyed herself during this journey. Just keep me updated after you’ve asked the head about this matter, alright? We’ll find a way out of this,”I tried to cheer him up.

“Thanks, Shinae. But can you promise me two things?”he asked.

“Yes?”I smiled at him.

“Don’t tell Jiyong about it. Not right now, anyway. He’s busy enough preparing for his solo comeback as well as his schedules with Big Bang. I don’t want to bother him with my problems,”Namguk oppa almost pleaded.

“Sure. I wouldn’t want him to be distracted from his work, anyway. What’s the other thing?”I nodded my head to promise him.

“Don’t talk to Yunhee about it. She doesn’t want anyone of you to know. But with you questioning me like that, it’s hard to hide from you. You’re always so fast to catch on things. I remember that we tried to prank you on your birthday last year but failed miserably,”Namguk oppa chuckled.

“I promise,”I grinned.

“Thanks, Shinae. Let’s go back now,”he gestured towards the dance studio.

No wonder Yunhee looked so distracted. She was about to be leave the job. That would mean that she wouldn’t be able to hang around Youngbae often.  

“Hey, what took you all so long?”Jiyong asked.

“We were just talking about your schedule, that’s all,”Namguk oppa answered, knowing how hard it is for me to lie.

“Oh, why are you meddling with my schedules, huh? Afraid that he’ll pack it so tight that you can’t meet me?”Jiyong grinned cheekily.

“Idiot! Who cares if you work yourself to death!”I pushed him away.

“Awww, I’m sure you do care, deep down inside!”Jiyong followed behind me as I packed my bag.

I decided to ignore him as I pack.

“Right? Right? Right? Right? Shinae, right? Min Shinae, you care right?”he wouldn’t keep his mouth shut.

“Yes, yes , yes, yes! Jiyong, yes! Kwon Jiyong, yes! Geez, you’re such a pain in the ,”I laughed.

“But you still love me,”Jiyong shrugged.

“Unfortunately for me,”I teased.

“Oh, Min Shinae, what would I do without your love?”he asked in a greasy tone before giving me a quick peck on his cheeks.

“I SAW THAT, HYUNG!”Seungri shouted from across the room.

“Close your eyes and mind your own business, maknae!”Jiyong shouted back.

*End of Shinae’s POV*

End of Chapter

DarkAngel