The Girl

The Almighty King's Watch

 

*Start of G-Dragon’s POV*

“Min Shinae!”I shook her.

“Huh?”she blinked before looking at me.

“Why are you so distracted today? Are you that scared about meeting my parents?”I chuckled.

“Yeah, well…it’s my first time meeting after we got together,”she tried her best to smile.

“You’re not hiding something from me, are you? I’m going to get really angry with you if you’re keeping secrets from me,”I raised an eyebrow.

At that moment, Shinae looked at me timidly which I found strange. Was she really hiding something? Min Shinae could be very confident when it comes to other matters but when it comes to lying; she’s really bad at it. Shinae could never lie and would always own up to all her mistakes. Her eyes would dart left and right when she did lie.

Back when we were in elementary school, the two of us were on duty to clean up the classroom after school. I was being my usual cheeky self; hence, I began fooling around. As she fought back, she had accidentally broken the vase that was on the teacher’s desk. Feeling scared about breaking something, Shinae teared up immediately. Seeing as how there wasn’t anybody around, I told her that I’ll clean it up and we’ll just go home.

“If the teacher asks about it tomorrow, just tell her that you don’t know, understand?”I had said to her.

“No….if she finds out I lied, she’ll be so angry. She’ll call my parents and I’ll be expelled!”she began sobbing at that point in time.

“She wouldn’t find out, silly. And you wouldn’t be expelled just from breaking a vase, stupid!”I groaned at her stupidity.

In the end, I followed behind her to the office and watched her confess to her wrong doings to the teacher. Despite her honesty, Shinae got a huge scolding from the teacher and wouldn’t stop crying even after the teacher had gone back to her office. I had spent the entire evening trying to calm her down.

“Shinae, are you hiding something from me?”I decided to ask.

I knew this was the only way to get it out of her. But I was to be mentally prepared for her tears.

“N..no,”she stuttered as she looked out of the window.

Bingo! If I hadn’t asked, she would have kept it all to herself. But with me asking her in a straightforward manner, it was hard for her to lie to me. And in order to get her to spill the beans, I went on to the next step. I clenched my jaw tightly and stepped on the accelerator further down, causing the car to speed up. I could feel Shinae turning to look at me slightly. But I chose to ignore it. Once we were at my parents’ house, I took in a deep breath.

“Shinae, you know I hate it when you lie. So, why are you lying to me?”I asked sternly.

Shinae had her head bowed. There was silence in the car and the air grew stuffy. At that moment, I saw a droplet of water on her hand. I unbuckled my seat belt as well as hers. Reaching out, I pulled her into my embrace.

“Please, Jiyong…oppa. Don’t…force…me. I’m not suppo…sed to tell you,”she tried to speak with tears spilling out of her eyes.

She never calls me oppa. Sure, we’re only a few months apart but I used to , wanting her to call me that. Seeing as how she was calling me that now, this must be serious.  Even when she’s crying, she still refuses to tell me. Even when she knows I’m angry, she still chose to keep it a secret. Sighing, I hugged her tighter. What is it that she’s hiding that can cause such a reaction from her? Normally, she would have blurted it out by now.

“I’ll just ask you a few questions and answer me honestly. Will you be hurt by whatever you’re hiding? Are you facing any problems because of it?”I asked.

“No. I’m…just…helping someone keep…this secret,”she admitted.

“Alright then. As long as you wouldn’t be hurt, I won’t probe you any further. But if it becomes a huge problem, let me know. I want to help you, understand?”I asked.

Shinae nodded her head and I lifted her chin up.

“Silly girl,”I sighed before kissing her on the lips.

Pulling away, I reached out to wipe her tears away.

“I’m so sorry,”I apologized.

She merely shook her head, giving a small smile as she reached out to hug me. I hugged her back and let her be in my embrace for as long as she wants.

“Shall we go now? Your parents are waiting,”she asked, pushing me away gently.

I nodded and we got out of the car. Shinae reached behind to get a fruit basket that she bought on the way.

“My mum is gonna freak out when she sees that and I’ll get a huge scolding,”I shook my head as I took it from her.

“But I can’t come empty-handed,”she argued.

“Then, what does that make me? I practically went to your house in the middle of the night and disturbed your parents,”I asked, bewildered.

“It’s alright. We’re having dinner with your parents, you see,”she explained.

With that, we rang the doorbell.

“You’re to take responsibility if my mum scolds me,”I warned her.

“Don’t worry, I will,”she giggled.

The door swung open to reveal my mother. Seeing Shinae, she pulled her in for a hug. She hadn’t seen her in a long time and I felt guilty for not bringing her over once in awhile before we started dating.

“Mum, Shinae bought this basket for you and dad,”I announced.

“Aigoo, why did you buy it? And you rascal, why did you allow her to buy it?”my mum chided, reaching out to pinch my cheek.

“She insisted on it,”I groaned, dreading of being nagged at.

“It’s okay, aunty! It’s been so long since I last visited, I can’t come empty-handed,”Shinae hurriedly came to my rescue.

“Your parents really did a great job raising you, Shinae. You’re such a dear. I heard from Jiyong that you two have started dating, is that right?”she asked.

Shinae nodded shyly.

“It’s about time you two did. I was waiting for this day since he first brought you home as his best friend,”my mum gushed.

“Mum, can we talk inside?”I sighed.

My mum always gets carried away talking about Shinae. She was so fond of her and would always seem unhappy whenever I tell her about my other girlfriends. I didn’t dare bring any of them back home, just in case and I used to be upset with her for being so unreasonable. Shinae was then the only girl I dared bring back home and now that I realised how precious she is to me; I was glad that she is the first ever girlfriend that I’ve ever brought home.

“Sure sure, silly me. His dad is inside. Let’s go in to greet him,”my mum ushered Shinae in.

“Is unnie home?”Shinae asked about my older sister.

“She’s out at work but she’s on her way back. When Jiyong told us that he was bringing you home for dinner as his girlfriend, she couldn’t even hide her excitement! All of us are so happy about it, Shinae. What did your parents say about it? Do they know?,”my mum beamed at her.

“My parents share the same sentiments,”Shinae answered with a grin on her face.

As I walked behind them, I was relieved that my mum was so strict back then. She obviously knew who was the one for me right from the start and was guiding me to her. Seeing her smiling so happily at the girl I love, was a joy that was indescribable.

*End of G-Dragon’s POV*

End of Chapter

DarkAngel